Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: McHale to strike (the franchise) again? ;/  (Read 4062 times)
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« on: May 28, 2008, 01:47:07 am »

McHale in Love with Kevin Love?

Numerous sources with varying ties to Minnesota confirmed to DraftExpress over the past few days that Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale has locked in on UCLA freshman Kevin Love as possibly his favorite prospect in this draft. McHale reportedly likes the skill-level and all-around feel for the game that Love brings to the table, as well as his winning mentality, and sees him as an excellent potential compliment to Al Jefferson in Minnesota’s front-court.

Picking 3rd in this draft, many would consider it a reach to take Love, although numerous advanced statistical formulas have identified him as being the 2nd most productive player in this draft, behind Michael Beasley.

There is already some talk that Minnesota will look to make a trade with Memphis GM Chris Wallace, who would then have the option of fortifying his front-court by drafting Brook Lopez at #3, or swinging for the fences and taking O.J. Mayo. Memphis could offer Minnesota the young prospect of their choice in Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warrick or Javaris Crittenton to help facilitate the deal. Wallace only has two more years left on his contract and needs to make as big a splash as possible in this draft to jump-start Memphis’ rebuilding process, meaning he could be leaning more towards taking Mayo, especially if his team is drafting 5th.

NO NONONONO ;( DIE MCHALE! ;//// I'm all for Mayo, but if he wants to go big, draft bloody Brook Lopez, not an unathletic soft-touched PF, who will force Big Al to play C! C'mon!

Here's hoping it's a smokescreen to make other teams willing to get Mayo/Lopez interested in a trade for the pick.

McHale wants to be like Riles here.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:44:18 am »

Quote from: "czaras"
McHale in Love with Kevin Love?

Numerous sources with varying ties to Minnesota confirmed to DraftExpress over the past few days that Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale has locked in on UCLA freshman Kevin Love as possibly his favorite prospect in this draft. McHale reportedly likes the skill-level and all-around feel for the game that Love brings to the table, as well as his winning mentality, and sees him as an excellent potential compliment to Al Jefferson in Minnesota’s front-court.

Picking 3rd in this draft, many would consider it a reach to take Love, although numerous advanced statistical formulas have identified him as being the 2nd most productive player in this draft, behind Michael Beasley.

There is already some talk that Minnesota will look to make a trade with Memphis GM Chris Wallace, who would then have the option of fortifying his front-court by drafting Brook Lopez at #3, or swinging for the fences and taking O.J. Mayo. Memphis could offer Minnesota the young prospect of their choice in Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warrick or Javaris Crittenton to help facilitate the deal. Wallace only has two more years left on his contract and needs to make as big a splash as possible in this draft to jump-start Memphis’ rebuilding process, meaning he could be leaning more towards taking Mayo, especially if his team is drafting 5th.

NO NONONONO ;( DIE MCHALE! ;//// I'm all for Mayo, but if he wants to go big, draft bloody Brook Lopez, not an unathletic soft-touched PF, who will force Big Al to play C! C'mon!

Here's hoping it's a smokescreen to make other teams willing to get Mayo/Lopez interested in a trade for the pick.

McHale wants to be like Riles here.

Pretending to hate on beasley by endorsing rose, mayo and love and not even saying any single damn word on beasley and saying he might select mayo with the 2nd, or trade it so chi selects rose and the player he has long awaited will fall in his hands but before happening looking if cle offers lebron or other teams offer a damn good package?

Mchale = poor man's riley? lawl.

But if McHale's there, never say never, he can offer big al+he pick for beaslry and haslem cough.

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:50 am »

stupidity.

draft mayo, do a sign and trade like mayo+walker with the team that picks love and take an expiring contract, this is better instead of taking love that early.

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »

trade the 3rd pick overall, along with Antoine Walker, and Rashad McCants to the Clippers for the 7th Pick, our future first round pick back, Dan Dickau and Corey Maggette.

Use the 7th pick overall to pick up Randolph, Love, or DeAndre Jordan... unless Gallinari is still available.

Jefferson    Dorsey    *Richard    Madson
Randolph    *C. Smith    DJ White
Maggette    *Gomes    *Snyder
Brewer    Buckner
Foye    *Telfair    Jaric

*Restricted Free Agents (I would try to resign Gomes, and maybe one of the others, but those other 4 have to be at LEAGUE MINIMUMS.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 11:44:06 pm »

Kevin Love? Really? That's bad!

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:50:38 pm »

If the Wolves pick 7th and get Love, or Randolph I'm a happy guy.  Picking 3rd it's got to be Lopez, Gallinari, or Mayo (but they don't need any more freaking guards).  

I don't hate MAYO so I wouldn't be completely upset, but with

Foye, Jaric, McCants, Brewer, Buckner, and possibly Telfair already at the PG and SG spots... what is the point of drafting another GUARD that isn't named ROSE?

Draft Lopez and play the kid, move Jefferson back to the 4 so he doesn't ahve to bang against the centers all the time and can have an easier time defending...  Draft a SF so that they can get someone who has some all around game like Gallinari.

But I've heard Kevin Love and I've heard Eric Gordon out of McHale's mouth, and I've heard Mayo from Hoiberg.  

Brook Lopez is coming in today or tomorrow to workout for the Wolves... so I hope he shines.  I want a good center.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 01:09:11 am »

its mayo now. we need a shooter to compliment al and mayos the best in this draft. yea we need a centre bad but not at the expense of mayo. guys like him dont come around often so when you have the chance to draft him you should jump on him, not try and trade for kevin love

wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 04:42:05 pm »

I just don't see any reason why the Wolves should take Kevin Love even if they trade down.  I think they just need to stay where they are and take Mayo or take Beasley if he slips to #3.  If they do trade down I wouldn't mind seeing them take Gordon even though he is kind of the same combo type guard like Foye.  I think Gordon is getting overlooked by too many people and I think he will be a steal if he slips past 7 or 8.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:50:20 pm »

I don't think he will. If he's available at 7, he's a Clipper. And that may be a stretch with Seattle and NYK both interested.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 08:15:26 pm »

Well according to Chad Ford (if that means anything) the word from the the Wolves camp is that the Wolves will take Beasley or Mayo, which ever one falls to them.  There are also alot of teams talking trade with the Wolves which we already kind of knew.  I still believe that the Wolves just need to stay at #3 and draft take either Mayo or Beasley.  I would like to hear some ideas as to what you guys think would be the best trade for the Wolves if they were to trade the #3 pick.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 03:55:06 am »

Well, if we want to trade instead of draft we need to a couple of things;

1) establish positions of need (SG, C)

2) package the bad contracts with the #3 (Jaric, Buckner... 'Toine's expiring if needed)

3) acknowledge we don't need expiring's as much, with Juwan Howard's, T-Hud's deals going off the books soon

So... I don't know. How about...

Redd, Bogut (22 million)
for
#3, 'Toine (bought out), Jaric, Buckner = ~23mill

(if we have to include McCants instead of Buckner, I'm still doing it)

Why does Milwaukee give us their All-Star and a young double-double C? Well...
1) How many games did their stars win for them? The formula ain't working, despite both Redd and Bogut putting up good numbers
2) now they have TWO top-8 picks, since we're not trading picks, just giving us theirs with which they can take Mayo and Randolph/Lopez/Love to replace both guys they traded away
3) They get a 9million expiring deal they can buy-out/whatever
4) a starting 5 of Mo Williams/Mayo/Yi/Charlie V/#8 looks not only YOUNg but also promising

And we end up without the awful deals of Jaric and Buck and with a starting lineup;
Foye/Redd/Gomes/Jefferson/Bogut
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:03:31 pm »

How about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=387~2777~3194~165&teams=18~18~16~16&te=&cash=

The teams also swap 1st round picks (#3 and #6)

NY moves up so they can get OJ Mayo and the Wolves get rid of Jaric's contract and they get Crawford.

MIN
Chandler/ Doleac
Jefferson/ Smith
Gomes/ Brewer/ Alexander or Gallinari in the draft
Crawford/ Buckner/ could grab Bill Walker or Sonny Weems in the 2nd round
Foye/ Telfair

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:46:20 pm »

Wilson Chandler is a SG/SF ...

But I like the idea of reaching for Crawford.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 04:17:29 pm »

Quote from: czaras
Wilson Chandler is a SG/SF ...

Yeah I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:36:30 pm »

Well how about switch Chandler with Lee and the Wolves throw in a 2nd round pick.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: