Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knicks-Magic Trade  (Read 3126 times)
legend33
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »

none of this warrants a response from me b/c the magic (or common sense) cavalry will show up eventually and take this one for me.

:roll:
Knickstitle98
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 08:19:20 pm »

pretty good trade.  We could then draft gordan.  Or if bayless falls......  This trade makes orlando pretty strong offensively. I like a proven Turk rather than the italian guy.  Still would need a point guard though.  Maybe trading nate 4 kyle lowry.  But the trade is good.
Knickstitle98
Journeyman

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 08:57:40 pm »

found this on realgm.  Tell me if its any better.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, David Lee, #6
Outgoing Players: Hedo Turkoglu, Tony Battie

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: T.J. Ford, Jason Kapono, #17
Outgoing Players: Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, David Lee, #6

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Hedo Turkoglu, Tony Battie
Outgoing Players: T.J. Ford, Jason Kapono, #17

I like your original trade but I saw this which is a tweaked version.
If this trade was done then pick up chris douglas roberts, donte greene or lopez.
blieve
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 09:52:18 pm »

Quote from: "dagame2260"
Quote from: "blieve"
I wont rain on your parade yet but I will form a huge dark cloud over it

1) Do the contracts even work? You're using the salaries from 07/08. Next year it will be about 23 and 18 but I didnt check the specifics.
2) What is all this talk about Howard needing another big man? It wont hurt but I feel like a better PG or a more threatening SG or even a big man that could pass would be better than a score first PF like Randolph.
3) Dwight Howard is physically capable of 25-30PPG but he gets doubled all the time. Would bringing in 2 score first players help Howard score more or will he end up with less touches? (To be fair you are only bringing in one more score first player since you lose Turkoglu)
4) I like this for the Knicks even though Turkoglu is just a taller version of Crawford with even less defense. We clear up a lot of minutes for other players so I wont mind if Battie stays injured. Cook and Redick if they pan out great if not whatever. We gain cap space in 2 years. So yes I would accept this on the Knicks behalf.

1) Contracts work for for 08/09 as well.  RealGM provides the updated numbers.

2)You are wrong on all fronts here.  Howard and Randolph would be a perfect match (consider it an upgraded Chandler and West combo).  Unlike Curry and Randolph, you'll have two guys that cover for each other on all bases.  And good luck finding a more threatening SG with that package.  Say what you want about Crawford but the guy was our Hedo in the 4th quarter.  He's a guy that can create his own shot at his natural position (unlike Hedo who take advantage of the PF's that were guarding him because Lewis was on the floor with him).

3) Yes - but that is why you need more offensive firepower that can get the job done, especially at the 4.  If you have Z-Bo downlow in the post and a double comes, image what Howard could do from the weakside!!!

4) For the Knicks its all about 2010.  It makes even more sense for them because they get offensive players that might be able to flourish in D'Antoni's system (obviously Hedo will).  But talent wise the Knicks are giving up good players that looked horrible on our team but could be missing pieces on a team like Orlando that wants to be more than just a playoff team.

I know you are Knicks fan so its hard to be up on our guys because you saw how brutal we were last year.  I read all the posts about Randolph and I just laugh because the guy can be awesome in the right system and with the right coach....but we didn't provide either one for him.  Stan Van Gundy would orgasm if he could have a lineup with that much firepower...especially for what he's giving up.  (2 guys who can't can shoot but can't create their own shot, a PF who just missed an entire season and is on his downside, and a SF who took advantage of slower PF's on the perimeter).

1. Okay contracts work
2. I like how you say I am wrong on all fronts here and go on to state "Howard and Randolph would be a perfect match" and "you'll have two guys that cover for each other on all bases" like those are facts. No sir that is your opinion, that is debatable and so I will agree to disagree.
3. Actually I like a guy like Crawford in ORL but in this trade, ORL has to take on Randolph also. And ZBo is a black hole, the ball is not going anywhere else once he gets it. Thats why in my opinion, not a fact, but in my opinion ORL needs a passer to compliment A) Howard and B) Lewis.
4. Yup I like for the Knicks.

Randolph finds a way to score and at a decent percentage I give him that. But he does a lot of things he is not supposed to do (bad shot attempts, excessive ball handling). This leaves his teammates unsure of what to expect from him, they dont know if he is going to shoot or pass, post up or dribble around and that leads to bad team chemistry.

Team chemistry is the most underrated aspect by an average fan and scoring ability is the most overrated aspect by an average fan. We can have a whole debate on that one =)

Im from where Charlie V got big enough/to toss a basket in the hoop and Kenny And coach still ride around in a pick up truck/they couldn't guard the kid they werent quick enough/Plan B if your knees blown, then time to do some stick them ups
blieve
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:26 pm »

Whoops one more thing. You mentioned the Chandler/West analogy. Lets replace Chris Paul with Jameer Nelson and see what happens.

Im from where Charlie V got big enough/to toss a basket in the hoop and Kenny And coach still ride around in a pick up truck/they couldn't guard the kid they werent quick enough/Plan B if your knees blown, then time to do some stick them ups
3KingsofMIAMI
a.k.a. Incandescentbasketball
All-Star

Dynasty:Wade, Lebron, Bosh

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 09:57:31 pm »

lol NOH would not be a top 3 team, and the Magic would be hard pressed to lose a game Paul/Turk/Lewis/Howard- WOW

Sigs by BBYAO
chyko21
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 07:15:50 am »

i like it for the knicks. but yes, z-bo is a black hole.
legend33
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 10:02:03 am »

magic wouldnt do it for both.

MAYBE for 1.   turkoglu and junk for randolph, but i doubt they'd do it, hedo is the man for them.

crawford i could see, maybe if the knicks draft eric gordon?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: