Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/draft_central_2008.html  (Read 1287 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: June 04, 2008, 11:45:38 pm »

i love that dj ausgustin has said he studied the team already.

players who do there research are the players that care about there careers.

i want this kid.
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:10:35 am »

From DraftExpress today.....

The Indiana Pacers are trying to dangle the #11 pick in hopes of being able to package it with one of their ugly contracts (preferably Jermaine O’Neal). There is talk out of O’Neal’s camp that he anticipates being trade to Cleveland at some point this summer, possibly in a deal involving expiring contracts such as Wally Szczerbiak and Eric Snow.

The Pacers don’t want to give O’Neal away for nothing, but the temptation of shedding his 23 million dollar contract from their cap figure (giving them substantial cap space to work with in July of 2009) may be too great to pass up. On Cleveland’s end, it makes sense for their ownership to spend the money it will take to try and appease LeBron James and show them they are making the efforts to put together a championship caliber team. We’ve heard rumblings about this Cleveland/Indiana trade from a number of well-informed sources, so there appears to be at least some truth to it.

============================================

Personally I don't see Augustin coming to Indy. It's just too expected, and rarely do "expected" things happen on draft day. I wouldn't be shocked if we come away from the draft with Ty Lawson -- by taking Cleveland's 1st rounder this year and next year, along with Wally & Snow.

That would put us in position to completely tank next season and get a top 5 pick in 09 and also give us lots of room to sign a big name free agent.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:33 pm »

This makes great sense for the Pacers.  If you can send Oneal to the Cavs with Tinsley, or Williams, and end up with the 19th pick, you can hope that Hibbert or Lopez(Robin) are still available.  

Take DJ or Westbrook at #11, and one of those two bigs at #19.

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: