Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cassell Wants To Coach Clippers  (Read 1121 times)
Shaliq
Journeyman

Respect: +10

« on: June 07, 2008, 08:41:31 am »

Sam Cassell hopes to coach the Clippers in the future, according to The Orange County Register. He played for the Clippers earlier this season, before landing with the Celtics for their playoff run. Los Angeles bought him out in March, allowing him to join Boston. He understood the situation with the Clippers. He hopes to return to L.A.'s bench before long.

"I knew that the Clippers weren't going to bring me back next year. I knew that I had no future there, and I knew that (Coach) Mike Dunleavy wanted to go in another direction at point guard. And I wasn't mad. I totally understood. I have maintained a great relationship with (VP of basketball operations) Elgin Baylor, and hopefully one day I can return and be the Clippers' head coach," he said.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-news/sam-cassell-wants-to-coach-clippers-ar48423.html

Richie B
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:10:57 pm »

Sam has made it clear many times that he wants to be a coach after he's done playing.  He's passionate, likeable, knowledgeable, and certainly not afraid to speak his mind.  But he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and there haven't been too many "great" coaches who do that.

Someone will give him a chance as an Assistant and it will be interesting to watch what happens.

Richie B
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: