Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jamaal Tinsley  (Read 7759 times)
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 04:16:59 pm »

none of that matters because he will always be a twinkie or cupcake or pillow or whatever you want to call him that is soft.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 08:31:06 pm »

24/24 now.. lol
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 12:33:17 am »

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question_061214.html
Q. Who is Jamaal Tinsley? He is rarely interviewed and then we get sullen statements. Does he not like it here? Is he antagonistic to the press? For such a controversial player who is now under the magnifying glass, we read no stories on him or know how he feels. Is there more to this we should know? (From Robert in Burbank, Calif.)

A. I've been putting this question off for awhile because, in all honesty, I just don't know, which is frustrating. Upon reflection, however, that may well sum up the mood of the general populace of Pacers Nation as it applies to Tinsley. What we see is what we get. What we don't see, we probably never will.

Tinsley is a private person who doesn't open up much around the media. Behind closed doors, I'm told he's a much livelier personality with his teammates who shows a wry sense of humor. When he makes a public appearance, particularly one that involves children, he displays a warm, welcoming side. But when the cameras and notepads arrive, he turtles. Don't misunderstand. He's not uncooperative. He'll stop and talk just about any time. But he just doesn't reveal much of himself with his words.

That said, we've seen a little bit of a difference with him this year. He smiles more easily and truly seems to be enjoying himself more. The chemistry within the team is better and that has to be a factor, and it's also probable that having a free-flowing fountain of positive energy like Darrell Armstrong around also helps. The change, however, doesn't end with his personality.

We've all seen much more of a warrior mentality from Tinsley this season. Fully aware of the damage the injury problems of the past three seasons have done to his reputation, he is committed to playing in every game humanly possible. He was as sick as anybody Monday in Chicago and was left at the team hotel when the buses departed for the arena. But Tinsley rolled out of bed, called a cab and not only played but performed exceptionally well.

Through his actions, Tinsley has shown leadership, a real competitive fire and dedication in the way he's gone about his business. He also has played at a very high level, arguably the best prolonged stretch of his career with averages of 15.6 points, 6.5 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.69 steals in the last 16 games. What we've seen, when you really think about it, is quite a bit. And that should be enough.

thought that was an interesting read.. cause i also wondered the same question..
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 08:23:46 pm »

today 14 assists and no turnovers i thought was impressive.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 10:16:35 pm »

You like this thread don't you.

Soon....
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 09:47:41 am »

I really dont see why the pacers dont blow it up and bin o'neal, tinsley etc and start again. they wont be doing anything with that roster and payroll.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
naptown
Star

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 11:41:43 am »

He ain't that bad
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 08:15:44 pm »

Quote from: "naptown"
He ain't that bad

hes not perfect but i think the teams real problem is lack of shooting gaurd, i mean the team fell apart without Daniels.
naptown
Star

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 08:56:32 am »

He should be traded while he still has a little value.
maryjanecapri
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 10:10:30 am »

He should be traded while he still has a little value.

i can't imagine tinsley having any value in this league. he's plagued with injuries, prone to mishandling the court, and has erratic off-court behavior lately. no one is going to want a second-rate point guard.
naptown
Star

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 12:17:58 pm »

That may be true but he's a veteran. And there's always someone willing to take on a troubled player. Blazers an Knicks are always willing. An Tinsley is from New York
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 06:34:14 pm »

if billups leaves detriot i could see pistons signing tinsley, coz on a good team, tinsley is dangerous.
naptown
Star

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 07:39:49 am »

only way they can get tinsly is a trade or if the pacers buy him out. But in a trade they better get a draft pick.
Benchwarmer

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 02:53:24 pm »

only way they can get tinsly is a trade or if the pacers buy him out. But in a trade they better get a draft pick.

Pacers will not buy out Tinsley. He's signed through the 2010-11 season!! But -- at $6 million, he's way overperforming. Coming off a career year and his value is at an all-time high.

I wouldn't be shocked if Tinsley was traded for a draft pick or two just because it's clear that Indy won't be much of a contender as long as he's the starter. Buy low, sell high.
naptown
Star

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 03:12:37 pm »

Who do u think is willing to give up a pick for him. One pick is tough but 2 might be pushing it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: