Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Four Pacer players involved in altercation at a strip club.  (Read 5943 times)
WhyteOut
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: October 06, 2006, 06:37:25 am »

Well here we go again...four Indiana Pacer players where involved in a early morning altercation with some guys at Club Rio...a stip club that's located on the Westside of Indianapolis.

The players involved in the altercation where...Jammal Tinsley...Marquis Daniels...Jimmie Hunter and Stephen Jackson...

From what I've seen and heard from the local Indianapolis news stations...Stephen Jackson fired five shots from his gun...Jackson was supposedly hit in the face and was hit by a vehicle during the altercation...that's why he pulled his gun...from what they said on the local news Jackson had a permit for the gun...Jammal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels both had guns in there vehicles...but they apparently didn't use them...Tinsley and Daniels both have permits also...

There was a report that Jackson suffered a leg injury...and that he was seen limping around...but he supposedly refused medical attention...

The four players where questioned by police and prosecutors where evaluating the evidence to see if charges would be filed.

There never is a dull moment over here in Pacer land...I just wonder why they where at Club Rio for...that strip club is wack as hell...and there is always some type of crazy mess going on there...it's like the gathering spot for lame a** people...and the spot where a lot of these lame a** Indianapolis guys go and talk madd sh*t...
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 08:04:58 am »

suprised tinsley didnt suffer an injury..... lol i kno ull get that one..
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:28:04 am »

Quote from: "WhyteOut"

There never is a dull moment over here in Pacer land...I just wonder why they where at Club Rio for...that strip club is wack as hell...and there is always some type of crazy mess going on there...it's like the gathering spot for lame a** people...and the spot where a lot of these lame a** Indianapolis guys go and talk madd sh*t...

Who knows why they were there? Lots of men go to strip clubs. It doesn't mean they deserve to be assaulted.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:51 pm »

it doesnt really annoy me whay they do off the court.... as long as they preform on the court..
saleem
Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 02:00:28 am »

The problem I have with it is that it's during training camp. And they know that any incident is going to be magnified due to the history they have from the Palace incident. With that said, I think that Stephen Jackson is the poster child for thug living. :!:  When you hang with him your odds of being involved in an incident grow exponentially.  :lol:

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 07:52:57 pm »

The problem is that they have to behave themselves when they're out. If someone tries to start stuff with them, they have to be the bigger men and either alert security or just ignore them instead of fighting back. They're public figures and they have to act as so, as much as it does suck, that's part of what their millions pays them to do.

As for Tinsley, you'd think the sound waves from the gun blast would be enough to have him sit out half the season.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:06:52 am »

A bigger issue for Tinsley, is that the Police found a bag of Pot on the passengers side of his car.  He claims it isn't his.

Don't be shocked if he gets asked to pee into a cup for this one.

Boom Baby!!!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:01:03 am »

Ouch, yeah, that's not good there. It brings the question to mind, what will the league do about this? Will they try to punish them for this?

My view is that no, the league cannot punish them for this, since it happened off the court and in their personal time. However, leagues like the NFL have punished players for non-drug related incidents off the field and are now considering punishing Bears corner Ricky Manning Jr. for an off the field incident that happened this past offseason.

What does this mean to the NBA though? Well, if this happened in a league like the NFL, which tends to be a little bit more leaneant with its players, then in the NBA I have a feeling that David Stern will go completely facist with this, like he has in the past with fines (Vince Carter for stretching with his iPod, several players wearing shorts too long (which were shipped to them by (*shock*) the NBA themselves)).

I hope that no punishment is handed down to them for this, as it really is an off the field and legal matter and should be handled as such, but I know that there are no boundaries to what David Stern will do as far as fines and suspensions go.

ruelzsantana
Star

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 12:18:36 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
The problem is that they have to behave themselves when they're out. If someone tries to start stuff with them, they have to be the bigger men and either alert security or just ignore them instead of fighting back. They're public figures and they have to act as so, as much as it does suck, that's part of what their millions pays them to do.

As for Tinsley, you'd think the sound waves from the gun blast would be enough to have him sit out half the season.

as true as this may seem but if someone is cause trouble with you & your friends you only have the right to defend yourself & your fellow teammates & besides Jackson is BLOOD so he'z a little G'd up

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 03:48:54 pm »

If they come up and just attack you, then yeah, you do have a right to defend yourself, but if they're just yelling at you from somewhere or anything like that, you gotta just ignore them. Ignore them until they get physical, that's all you gotta do, as much as it sucks to sit there and take it. The only other alternative is to find someone like a bouncer who'll get rid of them.

As for Jackson, yeah, I know about that, and it makes some of the things he does make more sense in that you see where he's coming from, but he just can't do that.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 12:31:47 am »

Better yet find someplace that's grown up to hang out at! Strip clubs? When your a high profile athlete in a club setting you are automatically going to be a target for haters. Plus your rolling with a squad of other ballers. Your not low key. Your boys are holding. The strippers are all up on you. Recipe for disaster. You have to make better decisions than that.  :cry:

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 07:33:47 am »

Strip clubs didn't bother me.  3 am bothered me, when it's training camp.  Coach isn't working them hard enough if they have enough energy for that.

If they are going to choose a strip club, could they find one that isn't such a *** hole.  There is always trouble around that place.

Boom Baby!!!!
nikevision
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 05:04:37 pm »

Stephen Jackson is a nutcase . The team should let him go before he do an 'Artest '  on their season. Larry's trying to makeover the Pacers image is not complete with him around.

www.laftortv.blogspot.com

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 02:21:56 am »

yeah i would like too see daniels start.... cause the guy can play..
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 11:09:55 am »

Everyone was saying I was nuts 2 months ago when I said we needed to trade Tinsley and Jackson...    

Tinsley and Jackson could go somewhere for a draft choice each.

We need to get it down from 19 to 15.  Here is the place to start.

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: