Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea - Ind trade  (Read 1103 times)
206rj
Undrafted

« on: June 12, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »

Seattle sends the Pacers, Wilcox, Ridnour and the 4th pick in exchange for Jermaine O'neal, and the 12 pick and 41st pick.  We all know the Pacers are shopping O'neal, are looking for a future PG to succeed Tinsley and aren't sold on the 12th pick. The Sonics are looking to move down in the draft, and while doing this they acquire a legitimate PF and get rid of Ridnour who hasn’t progressed like they have hoped for him. With the 4th pick the pacers can either take Bayless or a big man like Love or Lopez. With the 12th pick the Sonics can take either get Augustine or Westbrook(if he's still available). Personally I would like Augustine just for the fact he has chemistry with Durant already. The Pacers would also gain a little cap room with trading JO.

I’m not sure about the numbers working out, but it seems pretty even with each team receiving something they need in return.

Sonics
Augustine / Westbrook
Durant
Green
Collison
O’neil

Pacers
Bayless
Dunleavy
Granger
Wilcox
Foster
Turbo Sexophonic Delight
Starter

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »

Numbers are about $7 million off.  Also, the trade doesn't make sense.  O'Neal has a cap crippling contract and the Sonics aren't making the playoffs anytime soon.

sig by lands
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:26:48 pm »

soncis r under cap.. it would work.

but pacers have 11 not 12.. which means kings r after us.. we have chance at dj augustin.
206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:35:58 am »

I meant the 11th pick, mybad haha. but yea, i'd like to see DJ and KD in the Sonics backcourt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: