Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The most logical and simple Miami draft day trade  (Read 4306 times)
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« on: June 16, 2008, 11:30:30 pm »

Miami Sends:
 - Udonis Haslem

Miami Recieves:

- 22nd Pick
 - Carlos Arroyo

Orlando Sends:
 - Carlos Arroyo
 - 22nd Pick

Orlando Recieves:
 - Udonis Haslem

Reasoning:

Miami

Miami selects Beasley in the draft and Udonis, for some odd reason, will not be a 6th man. Orlando is in love with Haslem and has been trying to get him for some time now and rumors are that Orlando would like to trade its pick. So we then acquire Arroyo to provide the Heat with a legit PG and with the 22nd pick and pick up Kosta Koufos, Speights, or McGee to fill their center spot. Arroyo provides good FT shooting, 3-point shooting, and the ability to run like Riley wants the Heat to do next season. The new centers coming in may be very raw, but with Zo working alongside of them, they have the potential to be a good to very good defensive center with more offensive moves to add to their arsenal.

Orlando

Orlando has been shopping Haslem for quite some time now and he would be the perfect compliment to play alongside Howard. They didn't plan to keep Arroyo anyway so a simple sign-and-trade wouldn't hurt much. Their has been rumors they have been shopping the 22nd pick because they don't feel their is any exciting talent left so get rid of that and take in Haslem.

MR23Miyagi
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:36:31 pm »

love the trade, but it might be real hard to pry away the 22nd pick from orlando. maybe the heat could settle for bogans, carlos, and dooling. or they could just ship jameer away(never really though he was any good).
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:56:36 pm »

Okay trade, I think Miami could do better for Haslem, espicially considering his contract, pretty good. I say look at Dalmbert, espicially if Philly gets Jordan or Speights.
chyko21
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:09:55 am »

i think it's good for miami. the only thing is the C spot. koufos is too young and not so good so he should be a 2nd option and there are no good C free agents. maybe diop
arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:40:50 am »

lewis n turk cant guard good 2 guards in the league.
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
Miami Sends:
 - Udonis Haslem

Miami Recieves:

- 22nd Pick
 - Carlos Arroyo

Orlando Sends:
 - Carlos Arroyo
 - 22nd Pick

Orlando Recieves:
 - Udonis Haslem

Reasoning:

Miami

Miami selects Beasley in the draft and Udonis, for some odd reason, will not be a 6th man. Orlando is in love with Haslem and has been trying to get him for some time now and rumors are that Orlando would like to trade its pick. So we then acquire Arroyo to provide the Heat with a legit PG and with the 22nd pick and pick up Kosta Koufos, Speights, or McGee to fill their center spot. Arroyo provides good FT shooting, 3-point shooting, and the ability to run like Riley wants the Heat to do next season. The new centers coming in may be very raw, but with Zo working alongside of them, they have the potential to be a good to very good defensive center with more offensive moves to add to their arsenal.

Orlando

Orlando has been shopping Haslem for quite some time now and he would be the perfect compliment to play alongside Howard. They didn't plan to keep Arroyo anyway so a simple sign-and-trade wouldn't hurt much. Their has been rumors they have been shopping the 22nd pick because they don't feel their is any exciting talent left so get rid of that and take in Haslem.

I don't like it.
Carlos is a backup at best, & the 22 pick is a crap shoot. I rather have a starting PF, then two bench players.
Miami says NO.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:24:05 pm »

Yea well Lord who are you going to trade Haslem for if he doesn't want to play 6th man?

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:24:32 pm »

Quote from: "chyko21"
i think it's good for miami. the only thing is the C spot. koufos is too young and not so good so he should be a 2nd option and there are no good C free agents. maybe diop
arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos

No, No, No, That is not good for Miami.
for starters, Banks would start over no defense, inconsistent Arroyo. & who ever we get with the 22 pick would be lucky to see the court.
If we are tradeing are starting PF, we wan't a starting PG. Not a backup, that thinks he's a starter.
Miami says NO.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 08:32:54 pm »

Quote from: "LordLeoshes"
arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos

for starters, Banks would start over no defense, inconsistent Arroyo. & who ever we get with the 22 pick would be lucky to see the court.
If we are tradeing are starting PF, we wan't a starting PG. Not a backup, that thinks he's a starter.
Miami says NO.

What my thinking was, we could pick up Koufos who, if stayed in college one more year, could be a top 10 pick next year. So if we pick up Koufos, we could have Zo turn him into a great player sort of like turning Joel Anthony from a scrub into a defensive force with a few new offensive moves. The heat staff is also very good at developing bigs. So if we pick up Koufos, I'm sure he can turn into one of the better bigs in the league.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:06 pm »

Yea well Lord who are you going to trade Haslem for if he doesn't want to play 6th man?

Either i find someone worth it, or i don't trade him.
Their is no need to rush in to a bad move. Just relax & wait for the right trade. No one has a gun to are heads telling us to trade him.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:48 pm »

And if we don't start winning soon, Wade is going to be taking the next plane to Chicago.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 08:36:27 pm »

arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos

Miami says NO.

What my thinking was, we could pick up Koufos who, if stayed in college one more year, could be a top 10 pick next year. So if we pick up Koufos, we could have Zo turn him into a great player sort of like turning Joel Anthony from a scrub into a defensive force with a few new offensive moves. The heat staff is also very good at developing bigs. So if we pick up Koufos, I'm sure he can turn into one of the better bigs in the league.

It is hard to find good bigs in the draft, out of the lotto. it's to much of a risk to lose Haslem for that.
Alot of teams want him, so we could do better then that.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 08:38:44 pm »

And if we don't start winning soon, Wade is going to be taking the next plane to Chicago.

And you don't think that we won't be worse, by trading are starting PF (who is good frends with Haslem), for two bench players? :roll:

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:36 pm »

arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos

Miami says NO.

It is hard to find good bigs in the draft, out of the lotto. it's to much of a risk to lose Haslem for that.
Alot of teams want him, so we could do better then that.

Okay, but again you are overvaluing the players like you ALWAYS do. We finally get a legit center who doesn't shoot from the three point line, he actually plays like a center! Maybe a back-up PG, but he will be a fine starter with Wade Marion and Beasley taking the scoring load anyway. Stop overvaluing players. What PG do you think we can get for Haslem honestly? We can either get a late 1st round draft pick or 2-backups. I'm giving us a center who can be something special and a PG who can start and doesn't need to do much except hit open shots.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 10:31:52 pm »

And you don't think that we won't be worse, by trading are starting PF (who is good frends with Haslem), for two bench players? :roll:

OMG! Do you read anything I'm saying or not? What happens once we draft Beasley? Is Haslem still starting? Haslem will not be a 6th man, I don't know why, but he won't according to the Heat Organization! So how is he going to still be our starting PF? You don't look at the bright side of things. You are so narrow-minded! Koufos, with work, can be a very good center and we have a great big-man trainer's in the heat Org. and we have Zo to teach him great defense and some offense. Koufos could be a very good center in 2 years time. But, of course, you are not going to take any of this into account and just say the same thing you do every time, Haslem is worth a starting, amazing PG in this league because he's so amazing right? Stop overvaluing the players!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: