Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The most logical and simple Miami draft day trade  (Read 4497 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 01:02:11 am »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
Okay trade, I think Miami could do better for Haslem, espicially considering his contract, pretty good. I say look at Dalmbert, espicially if Philly gets Jordan or Speights.

how about 16 and someone for haslem?
its better then 22...

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 01:04:25 am »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
Quote from: "LordLeoshes"
And if we don't start winning soon, Wade is going to be taking the next plane to Chicago.

And you don't think that we won't be worse, by trading are starting PF (who is good frends with Haslem), for two bench players? :roll:

OMG! Do you read anything I'm saying or not? What happens once we draft Beasley? Is Haslem still starting? Haslem will not be a 6th man, I don't know why, but he won't according to the Heat Organization! So how is he going to still be our starting PF? You don't look at the bright side of things. You are so narrow-minded! Koufos, with work, can be a very good center and we have a great big-man trainer's in the heat Org. and we have Zo to teach him great defense and some offense. Koufos could be a very good center in 2 years time. But, of course, you are not going to take any of this into account and just say the same thing you do every time, Haslem is worth a starting, amazing PG in this league because he's so amazing right? Stop overvaluing the players!

i think what he means is that we dont have to rush to trade a starting calibre PF for a late 1st and a backup PG at best. i dunno maybe haslem wont be used as a 6th man but theres better things out there then 22, no matter how hard orlando wants him.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:32 am »

You could try, but i seriously doubt Haslem is worth anything below the 20 mark in the draft.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:52:56 pm »

Quote from: "chyko21"
i think it's good for miami. the only thing is the C spot. koufos is too young and not so good so he should be a 2nd option and there are no good C free agents. maybe diop
arroyo
wade
marion
beasley
diop? / koufos

No, No, No, That is not good for Miami.
for starters, Banks would start over no defense, inconsistent Arroyo. & who ever we get with the 22 pick would be lucky to see the court.
If we are tradeing are starting PF, we wan't a starting PG. Not a backup, that thinks he's a starter.
Miami says NO.

What my thinking was, we could pick up Koufos who, if stayed in college one more year, could be a top 10 pick next year. So if we pick up Koufos, we could have Zo turn him into a great player sort of like turning Joel Anthony from a scrub into a defensive force with a few new offensive moves. The heat staff is also very good at developing bigs. So if we pick up Koufos, I'm sure he can turn into one of the better bigs in the league.

It is hard to find good bigs in the draft, out of the lotto. it's to much of a risk to lose Haslem for that.
Alot of teams want him, so we could do better then that.

Okay, but again you are overvaluing the players like you ALWAYS do. We finally get a legit center who doesn't shoot from the three point line, he actually plays like a center! Maybe a back-up PG, but he will be a fine starter with Wade Marion and Beasley taking the scoring load anyway. Stop overvaluing players. What PG do you think we can get for Haslem honestly? We can either get a late 1st round draft pick or 2-backups. I'm giving us a center who can be something special and a PG who can start and doesn't need to do much except hit open shots.

Why are people so desperate to make bad moves? If their is not a good trade out their. then don't make one. wait for a good one.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:57:42 pm »

And if we don't start winning soon, Wade is going to be taking the next plane to Chicago.

And you don't think that we won't be worse, by trading are starting PF (who is good frends with Haslem), for two bench players? :roll:

OMG! Do you read anything I'm saying or not? What happens once we draft Beasley? Is Haslem still starting? Haslem will not be a 6th man, I don't know why, but he won't according to the Heat Organization! So how is he going to still be our starting PF? You don't look at the bright side of things. You are so narrow-minded! Koufos, with work, can be a very good center and we have a great big-man trainer's in the heat Org. and we have Zo to teach him great defense and some offense. Koufos could be a very good center in 2 years time. But, of course, you are not going to take any of this into account and just say the same thing you do every time, Haslem is worth a starting, amazing PG in this league because he's so amazing right? Stop overvaluing the players!

Either he starts, comes off the bench, Or we trade him for a STARTING PG.
& who told you that he would not come of the bench?
& Koufos is a peace of $#!t, has bim, & will be a peace of $#!t.
We will not trade a starter for banch players.  
Why not us trade two bench players for a starter?

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 04:59:27 pm »

Quote from: "shangrila"
Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
Okay trade, I think Miami could do better for Haslem, espicially considering his contract, pretty good. I say look at Dalmbert, espicially if Philly gets Jordan or Speights.

how about 16 and someone for haslem?
its better then 22...

How about a VET starting PG, for are VET starting PF?

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 05:00:29 pm »

Quote from: "shangrila"

i think what he means is that we dont have to rush to trade a starting calibre PF for a late 1st and a backup PG at best. i dunno maybe haslem wont be used as a 6th man but theres better things out there then 22, no matter how hard orlando wants him.

Thank you.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 05:02:34 pm »

You could try, but i seriously doubt Haslem is worth anything below the 20 mark in the draft.

We do not wan't a 20th pick rook. we want a young vet.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:03 pm »

The fact is we are not going to get a starting PG for Haslem, Haslem plus pieces, but I don't want to rid us of other pieces unless they're bad contracts because that takes away from our bench. But, if Haslem won't cut it for a starting PG, then adding bad contracts is just going to make the deal worse for the other team. What i hope can happen this off-season is we trade Haslem for Dalembert since it seems Philly might be taking a center in the draft, although I'm not sure why, and working on Cook's ball-handling skills and basketball IQ.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:52 pm »

The fact is we are not going to get a starting PG for Haslem, Haslem plus pieces, but I don't want to rid us of other pieces unless they're bad contracts because that takes away from our bench. But, if Haslem won't cut it for a starting PG, then adding bad contracts is just going to make the deal worse for the other team. What i hope can happen this off-season is we trade Haslem for Dalembert since it seems Philly might be taking a center in the draft, although I'm not sure why, and working on Cook's ball-handling skills and basketball IQ.

Why can't we get a starting vet PG, for are Starting PF(on a championship team) With a great contract?
& Philly will not trade their starting center(who they are happy with) for haslem, when they need Dalembert, more then Haslem.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »

^^ I've heart rumors out of Philly they are going to be drafting a center because they don't want to pay Dalembert's salary. We'll see what happens, but we name me a PG who it is possible to acquire with only Haslem and I'll be very surprised.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:07 pm »

^^ I've heart rumors out of Philly they are going to be drafting a center because they don't want to pay Dalembert's salary. We'll see what happens, but we name me a PG who it is possible to acquire with only Haslem and I'll be very surprised.

If we can get Dalembert am all for it.
& about Haslem. How would any of us know what we can get for him? Unless we work for a team willing to trade for him.
I can guess with the best of them, but in reality we have no clue.
& with Pat as GM, almost anything can happen.

blieve
Journeyman

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 09:33:29 pm »

I like this trade for both teams. How much does Arroyo make, I cant find his info for next year? Haslem is good probably elite of the hustle players but there are many players that can be developed into Haslem so lets not overvalue him like the poster said. David Lee, Leon Powe, Jason Maxiell, Luis Scola all fall into the same category off the top of my head.

Im from where Charlie V got big enough/to toss a basket in the hoop and Kenny And coach still ride around in a pick up truck/they couldn't guard the kid they werent quick enough/Plan B if your knees blown, then time to do some stick them ups
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 09:44:29 pm »

Quote from: "blieve"
I like this trade for both teams. How much does Arroyo make, I cant find his info for next year? Haslem is good probably elite of the hustle players but there are many players that can be developed into Haslem so lets not overvalue him like the poster said. David Lee, Leon Powe, Jason Maxiell, Luis Scola all fall into the same category off the top of my head.

If you are implying on Miami trading their starting PF (Haslem).  For (Arroyo) a 2/3rd string PG. then Miami says NO.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:30 pm »

If we can get Dalembert am all for it.
& about Haslem. How would any of us know what we can get for him? Unless we work for a team willing to trade for him.
I can guess with the best of them, but in reality we have no clue.
& with Pat as GM, almost anything can happen.

The thing is the 1st string PG's in the league are either unavailable, unable to grab with only Haslem, or have a good PF already. So we are not going to get a good defensive PG who can create his own shot and hit three's at a consistent rate just by trading Haslem. And you're trippin if you think there is no talent left at the 22nd pick.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: