Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting To Know Danny Granger  (Read 1339 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: June 17, 2008, 08:46:27 am »

GETTING GRANGER

What do you like to do in your free time?
I watch a lot of movies and play a lot of video games. Stuff to relax me because I’m always busy playing ball. I'm kind of a sci-fi junkie. I was always a fan of the Star Wars movies and I love the Lord of The Rings.

What kind of video games do you play?
I play online multiplayer games where you play with other people around the world and stuff. I'm really into the whole storyline of that. And I love Rock Band.

Why Rock Band?
I was bored one day so I bought it and next thing I know I’m hooked. Now I know all the rock and roll songs. Me and my friends have our own band and we go on tour and play people online.

If you weren't a pro ball player, what do you think you'd be doing?
I'd be a civil engineer. I studied it at Bradley.

Video games, sci-fi and engineering. Just how popular were you?
There was a time when people would call me a geek. When I was a kid my dad made me wear these Steve Urkel glasses with the strap. I was good at basketball but I had been pegged the nerd. Then in high school I was the tallest guy anywhere around and became the star basketball player.

What do you tell kids who like science and aren’t going to the NBA?
There's nothing wrong with being nerdy. I’m probably a 7 on a scale of one to ten. I don't care what people call me. If science or math interests you, go for it. Don't worry about what other people say about you.

Who was the biggest influence in your life?
My dad influenced me a lot. And my grandmother who I love to death. Plus my high school and college coaches. I think those people really had a big influence in my life.

What do you see yourself doing after your NBA career?
I will be a full time dad.

Sounds like you want a family.
Oh yeah. I’m passionate about family. I just love being around mine so much. I want as many kids as I can fit in this house.

Are you involved in any charities?
Yeah, a couple. We donate proceeds to diabetes because my dad is diabetic. I also worked with the Shepherd Community Center this past season and I'm hoping to do more with them. Plus I’ve done work with the Special Olympics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: