Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
 
Author Topic: Monta Ellis  (Read 4634 times)
Wade4ever3
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 276

Respect: 0

« on: August 22, 2006, 01:03:35 pm »
0

I really like Monta. He averaged 45 ppg in his senior year during high school and he's a great combo guard off the bench. One of the reasons why GS traded Fisher was to get more playing time for Monta. But people have compared him to Dajuan Wagner and I don't think that's good. He had some solid game near the end of the season and had a great game for the Warriors on the last season day. What do you guys think about him?
Logged

oaktownwarriors87
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 27

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 02:20:53 pm »
0

Monta could be one of my favorite players.

Despite being a tremendous scorer Monta is a defense first player. He's also  arguably the quickest player in the NBA. If you go back and watch the Spurs vs Warriors it is very clear that Monta Ellis is quicker than Tony Parker.  Then there is his willingness to share the ball on the offensive end. Everyone talked about his "tunnel vision" in high school, but now that he actually has talent around him he really moves the ball around.

By the end of this year Monta will be known around the NBA for his defense, his ability to get his shot of at will, his ability to get to the basket, his unselfishness and surprising maturity.

Monta is a solid mix of Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas and  Allen Iverson at this point in his career. His stats truly do him no justice.
Logged

Dunleavy-Ellis-Pietrus-Diogu-Biedrins
sjboy
Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1667

Respect: +4

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 02:27:41 pm »
0

I agree with Oaktownwarrior.  Problem is Monta is not big enough to pose a scoring threat.  Definatly needs to put on some muscle.  He could be a Randy Foye ( I wish ) but only time will tell, he was just a rookie.

Still a bench player in my opinion but one we should watch out for and replace Baron often during the season so we keep him fresh.  LIke it or not Baron is the KEY to the Warriors success.  Without him, they are average at best.  I mean come on ... they have Troy friggin Murphy on the starting roster.  See my above post.

Holla.
Logged
GSWfaithful
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 160

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:13:19 am »
0

Baron is key only if he stays on the court which he can never do. But its alright with me because we found a gem in Monta Ellis. He plays at a different speed and all I can think about when i see him play is arenas. He;s not as long but he has that kind of game AND he's a much better on the ball defender. Don't lose this one like you did arenas warrior brass!
Logged
BayAreaGrog
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 11

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 10:28:19 pm »
0

Monta is the future of the team. Straight up. He's on the verge of exploding, and in one  to two years he will be the star of the team. He has the most upside of any Warriors player, as well as the most combined athleticism. He may not be able to jump as high as J-Rich but he's a great deal faster. In addittion he will really benefit from Don Nelson, who has molded young point guards in the past into stars (Nash, Hardaway...) He will show Monta how to run a wide open offense, without emphasis on defense, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing since Monta is already a good perimeter defender. With added game experience since he's the second option to an injury prone Baron Davis his defense will improve. Last year, despite making the transition from high school at the point guard position (which is much more difficult than guard or forward) he showed flashes of brilliance and great things to come for the franchise (if Chris Mullin can hold on to him unlike Gilbert, Antawn, Vince, or Chris.)

first post. im out.
Logged

GoldenStateMANE
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 12

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:15:51 pm »
0

nice insight bayareagrog i think you are right
Logged

twinkle twinkle al boo boo
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 12:05:53 am »
0

Quote from: "BayAreaGrog"
Monta is the future of the team. Straight up. He's on the verge of exploding, and in one  to two years he will be the star of the team. He has the most upside of any Warriors player, as well as the most combined athleticism. He may not be able to jump as high as J-Rich but he's a great deal faster. In addittion he will really benefit from Don Nelson, who has molded young point guards in the past into stars (Nash, Hardaway...) He will show Monta how to run a wide open offense, without emphasis on defense, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing since Monta is already a good perimeter defender. With added game experience since he's the second option to an injury prone Baron Davis his defense will improve. Last year, despite making the transition from high school at the point guard position (which is much more difficult than guard or forward) he showed flashes of brilliance and great things to come for the franchise (if Chris Mullin can hold on to him unlike Gilbert, Antawn, Vince, or Chris.)

first post. im out.


i agree monta has almost unlimited potential, he can score very well and has good defense, look for him to get big in the next few years especially if davis keeps missing games due to injury, why do you think it was so easy to get rid of fisher knowing baron's always injured, monta has given them assurance, they got a diamond in the rough with monta
Logged

KOBEwasCHEATED>05-06MV
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 134

Respect: 0

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 09:15:19 am »
0

i like monta and i like he stlye of play. we will see what he does with some more playing time in the upcoming season.
Logged

yeah Kobe isnt Jordan but Micheal isnt Bryant

bayball
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 968

Respect: 0

WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 05:33:57 pm »
0

i agree with grog although he is setting the ceiling too high i dont want monta to get too hyped up

i have his autograph if it matters
Logged

GSWfaithful
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 160

Respect: 0

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:37:57 am »
0

i saw his dunk on barbosa live and in person. the single most unbelievable play in any sport i've had the privilege of watching live. unbelievable. he has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged
SunsRock101
Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 2668


Respect: 0

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 12:39:59 am »
0

Quote from: "GSWfaithful"
i saw his dunk on barbosa live and in person. the single most unbelievable play in any sport i've had the privilege of watching live. unbelievable. he has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis was SICK tonight. Great Game!
Logged


I don't listen to critics. So you can keep doubting me, but I don't hear you.
turk
Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1569

Respect: 0

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 06:21:13 pm »
0

Quote from: "bayball"
i agree with grog although he is setting the ceiling too high i dont want monta to get too hyped up

i have his autograph if it matters

I would have to agree with you too, but this guy is just getting better and better as the season wears on. He's put up over 30 the last two games and being only 6'2 does not seem to be a problem for him either as he goes in, under, around and over guys who are 4-10 inches taller than him. The added bonus, since Baron Davis is hurt (the last two games) he has shown he can even run the point and as far as matching up with some of the quicker guards, as pointed out he handled Parker quite well and has also outplayed T.J. Ford and pretty much played Nash even last night. He also did pretty well against Paul the first time they played but by the end of the game, he seemed to have been edged out by Paul.

The sky is truly the limit for this kid. The only question he has is that he has had injury problems in the past (even has had a few nicks already this year).
Logged

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 01:51:06 am »
0

Quote from: "SunsRock101"
Quote from: "GSWfaithful"
i saw his dunk on barbosa live and in person. the single most unbelievable play in any sport i've had the privilege of watching live. unbelievable. he has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis was SICK tonight. Great Game!


just a preview of his capabilities, like i said last year, teams will regret passing him and he will get tons better every year
Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: