Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jermaine O'neal  (Read 2692 times)
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« on: February 09, 2007, 08:31:20 pm »

can we officially put him on the trading block while he still has some value.  i wouldn't mind getting a draft pick in this years draft for him, even if its in the mid teens.  he obviously isn't a player that we can build around and i'm sure he isn't going to get any better.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:54:06 pm »

He's a great player who is best served as a sidekick to a great swingman.  And especially with the salary, I am convinced that he isn't a franchise player.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:13 am »

Quote from: "LakerDynasty"
He's a great player who is best served as a sidekick to a great swingman.  And especially with the salary, I am convinced that he isn't a franchise player.

i agree... he needs to play with a swingman that can create... dumping the ball into him doesn't seem to effective.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 02:47:10 am »

Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Paul Pierce
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 03:49:57 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Paul Pierce

i wish indy could get one of those 3
LSL
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 06:27:18 pm »

Quote from: "sportsnut"
can we officially put him on the trading block while he still has some value.  i wouldn't mind getting a draft pick in this years draft for him, even if its in the mid teens.  he obviously isn't a player that we can build around and i'm sure he isn't going to get any better.

I'd have a hard time trading him for a top 2 pick in a draft where we don't even know who's going to be in it, let along a pick in the mid teens. You're crazy, JO is an All-Star and has a max contract for a reason. Players like him don't come around to often.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13:34 pm »

Quote from: "LSL"
Quote from: "sportsnut"

I'd have a hard time trading him for a top 2 pick in a draft where we don't even know who's going to be in it, let along a pick in the mid teens. You're crazy, JO is an All-Star and has a max contract for a reason. Players like him don't come around to often.

first of all i didn't think he was worth a max contract.  max contracts belong to the top players, the superstars (garnett, kobe, duncan, nowitzki etc.) not all stars.  JO is just an all star, and on top of that he's doing it in the eastern conference.  if he were out west with the rest of the superstar bigmen i'd find it hard to believe he'd have that many all star appearances.

like lakerdynasty said earlier, JO is a good sidekick player who needs a dominant swingman.  how can you have your franchise bigman shooting 44%?  that is unheard of, there are perimeter players out there that shoot a better % than that.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 10:40:46 pm »

I think he can anchor a defense but offensively, he needs a guard to penetrate the defense, that way it would make not only him but the guard (whoever that may be) better.  I just feel that he isn't much a leader, he can't really be counted on to carry a team in the clutch, like a Duncan or Bryant.  The guys who have max deals put up superstar numbers, carry their teams, and most of them have championships or at least have come close.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 12:02:24 pm »

Quote from: "LakerDynasty"
I think he can anchor a defense but offensively, he needs a guard to penetrate the defense, that way it would make not only him but the guard (whoever that may be) better.  I just feel that he isn't much a leader, he can't really be counted on to carry a team in the clutch, like a Duncan or Bryant.  The guys who have max deals put up superstar numbers, carry their teams, and most of them have championships or at least have come close.

agreed... you can't carry your team in the clutch when you shoot in the mid 40's as a post player.  he settles for way too many outside shots, he doesn't have an outside shot to begin with and he still shoots them.  he should just stay around the basket and try to score.  not everyone is blessed with the inside/outside game like KG.
coolweed
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:13 am »

I say try and send JO to Utah for Boozer and Giricek. Boozer can step in and be fine. Giricek will expire after next year and we will be free of JO's contract.

Then you try to send Tinsley and Daniels to Denver for KMart. I know it doesn't make too much since, but if he is healthy after surgery, then he will be a great presence in rotation with Boozer or opposite and move murphy to a backup role at PF. If he gets deemed medically unable, then don't the Pacers get to write off the salary to insurance and not have it count against the cap?

Lastly, go out and sign Bell from Milwaukee to replace Daniels. Free eagent at the end of the year. Also, resign Armstrong as a very capable rotation player.

Worst case, we are a little over the cap. Best case, they all play well on and off the court and KMart can't play. This frees up 12 Mil and we can go out after a big veteren on the downslope for rotation.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 02:51:30 pm »

Quote from: "coolweed"
I say try and send JO to Utah for Boozer and Giricek. Boozer can step in and be fine. Giricek will expire after next year and we will be free of JO's contract.

Then you try to send Tinsley and Daniels to Denver for KMart. I know it doesn't make too much since, but if he is healthy after surgery, then he will be a great presence in rotation with Boozer or opposite and move murphy to a backup role at PF. If he gets deemed medically unable, then don't the Pacers get to write off the salary to insurance and not have it count against the cap?

Lastly, go out and sign Bell from Milwaukee to replace Daniels. Free eagent at the end of the year. Also, resign Armstrong as a very capable rotation player.

Worst case, we are a little over the cap. Best case, they all play well on and off the court and KMart can't play. This frees up 12 Mil and we can go out after a big veteren on the downslope for rotation.

Well, the trade deadline has passed.

Soon....
coolweed
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »

I know it has past. This would all be off season trades since this season is in the tank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: