Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miami/Philly/Minny/Clippers  (Read 1948 times)
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« on: June 23, 2008, 10:38:10 pm »

Miami Heat
Trades:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Ricky Davis
 - Chris Quinn

Recieves:
 - #3 Pick
 - Marko Jaric
 - Samuel Dalembert
 - Antoine Walker
 - Rashad McCants

Philadelphia 76er's
Trades:
 - Samuel Dalembert

Recieves:
 - Ricky Davis
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Chris Quinn

Minnesota Timberwolves
Trades:
 - #3 Pick
 - Marko Jaric
 - Antoine Walker
 - Rashad McCants

Recieves:
 - Shawn Marion to trade for Elton Brand

THEN

Los Angeles Clippers
Trades:
 - Elton Brand

Recieves:
 - Shawn Marion

Reasoning:

Miami Heat

Miami trades away two of their best assets in order to fill up the more important parts of their roster, PG and C. Dalembert is a proven double double machine and is great defensively. We also recieve the number 3 pick in order to pick up Mayo or Bayless to complete our roster. We pick up a few bad contracts, but it's necessary in order to complete the trade fairly. We would also buy-out Walker's remaining contract. We can than pick up Szczerbiak at the MLE to bring in some 3-point shooting and bench scoring. I'm really hoping Cook can hone in on some PG skills, such as ball-handling and decision making this off-season so he can play back-up PG. He's a great 3-point threat, can create his own shot, and would create match-up problems for most PG's.

Line-up:

PG: Mayo or Bayless/Cook or Banks
SG: Wade/McCantsor Cook
SF: Dorrell/Szczerbiak
PF: Michael Beasley/Joel Anthony
C: Samuel Dalembert/Zo or Blount

Philadelphia 76er's

Now, before everyone trips out, it is a known fact that Philly is shipping Dalembert and are planning to draft a big-man in the draft. Udonis is a great asset to play alongside a good big-man aka Orlando wants him next to Dwight very badly. Also, Philly's biggest weakness is a terrible lack of three point shooting. Ricky Davis shot 40% for the Heat as well as Quinn. Many people say Davis is a cancer and whatnot, but he hasn't been in trouble with anyone for many years and seems to have matured a lot. He would be a very nice scoring threat off the bench. Quinn is an up-and-coming Steve Nash type PG. He may not be very good defensively, but the kid can definitely ball on the offensive end. He averaged about 15 pts and 7 assists for the Heat this past season when all of the starters went to the crapper and he really showed what he's made of.

Line-up:

Andre/Quinn
Green/Davis
Miller/Young
Haslem/Young or Smith
Deandre Jordan or Speights or any number of big-men lol

Minnesota Timberwolves

Trade talks between the Heat are, Marion for Brand in a sign-and-trade deal, so it's the same deal once we trade Marion to Minny. Instead of Minny hoping their draftee turns into an all-star, they get a veteran all-star PF and moves Al Jeff to the C position to strengthen their line-up immediately. Minny is already young enough as it is so adding an all-star PF still in his prime would do wonders for the younger players. It will take a load of pressure of Al and allow Gomes/Foye/Brewer to further develop. They also get rid of some bad contracts in Walker, Jaric, and McCants.

Line-up:

PG: Randy Foye
SG: Corey Brewer
SF: Ryan Gomes
PF: Elton Brand
C: Al Jefferson

Los Angeles Clippers
Trade that are already going to between the Heat and Clips; or at least that's what the rumors are. Doesn't need much explaining lol, just a swap of all-stars.

MR23Miyagi
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:57:38 pm »

Heat fan?

T'Wolves wants a center to push Jefferson to PF. Clips think highly of Brand and would not settle for just Marion. So that would leave the T'wolves with Marion after the trade and he's not worth giving up their #3 overall pick.

Are the Sixers really trying to trade sammy? i like them getting a strong guy in the post with Haslem, but I would rather have Sammy D, he works so well on the Sixers. They really need both a post up guy and a real scoring option. With all their cap space I see them signing a guy like Jameson or Josh Smith and that would solve their two major needs while retaining Sammy.
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:17 pm »

Quote from: "MR23Miyagi"
Heat fan?

T'Wolves wants a center to push Jefferson to PF. Clips think highly of Brand and would not settle for just Marion. So that would leave the T'wolves with Marion after the trade and he's not worth giving up their #3 overall pick.

Are the Sixers really trying to trade sammy? i like them getting a strong guy in the post with Haslem, but I would rather have Sammy D, he works so well on the Sixers. They really need both a post up guy and a real scoring option. With all their cap space I see them signing a guy like Jameson or Josh Smith and that would solve their two major needs while retaining Sammy.

I was wondering why they are trying to trade him to, but for some reason they don't want him.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20080622_Sixers_expect_a_big_man_at_16th_pick.html

They want a big-man according to that plus other various articles. And you also say that the clips won't let go of Brand for just Marion, but it was just posted that the Clippers would only trade Brand to Miami for a sign-and-trade deal with Marion. It might take a little more, but if Brand opts out, they're not getting anyone. Also, Marion is well worth a #3 unsure pick. Rose and Beasley are almost sure-fire all-stars and then, after that, the rest of the picks just aren't at that level. Marion is still in his prime and at all-star level and they can just pick up a FA when his contract ends if worst comes to worst. The wolves have enough young talent, they need someone who can bring a team together, not a pick that might or might not turn out great.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:12:16 pm »

And I do agree the trade may be a little homer based, but the Heat do give up good talent for 10/10 player Dalembert. Haslem can put up the same stats and play good defense as well as Dalembert, but he's just a PF. And Davis/Quinn are underrated, maybe not Davis, but Quinn is very underrated.

Minny is the only team i really see who might be giving up too much, but you never know until a few years after the draft to see if whoever they picked turned into something or not.

MR23Miyagi
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:16 am »

Aint ricky a FA this year? I wouldnt like him in Philly only because he would find a way to ruin the chemistry that the team has. I have not seen much of quinn but i think the sixers are already too much of a young team. Haslem is huge plus, seeing how he replaces Sammy's in the post. But he will be looked at to be the go to guy in post, seeing how their other PF are not as talented and they would have a rookie starting at center. Is he really up for that?

this trade looks good but i think the Sixers are looking to get a more explosive offensive player in the post.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:05:30 am »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
Miami Heat
Trades:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Ricky Davis
 - Chris Quinn

Recieves:
 - #3 Pick
 - Marko Jaric
 - Samuel Dalembert
 - Antoine Walker
 - Rashad McCants

aite let me get this straight. they give up marion who looks like he's gone next year, haslem who's expendable as soon as they draft beasley and 2 scrubs they don't even want, for mayo, mccants, dalembert and all they gotta do is take jaric's contract?
this is a joke
got any more big contracts maybe you want al as well?

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:03:09 pm »

Okay, you act like Dalembert is Dwight Howard. Dalembert averaged about 10/10 last season and the sixers are looking to deal him away anyway. Sixers get a good deal in this trade. And Marion for an unproven kid who may or may not be a all-star on a team that's already full of young pieces is a bad trade? If Marion doesn't fit than they can sign a real all-star in Minny. But, to take a risk on another draftee to take your franchise to the next height when he most likely doesn't have that caliber talent is stupid. Plus, you're getting rid of Walker and Jaric's shitty contracts, and McCants is a cancer on teams to. He's like what Ricky Davis was when he was younger. He has low basketball IQ and shoots whenever he wants. Why is Haslem expendible? Doesn't every team need a bench? Wouldn't Haslem be a 6th man on almost every team in the league? I don't want to deal Haslem i would love for him to be a 6th man, but for some reason everyone says he's going to be traded.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:33:20 pm »

This is pure nonsense for Minnesota. Back in the Happi days, I'd just post 'Lock.'.
ron mack925
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:10:21 pm »

if im miami i do it in a heartbeat
if im minn i hang up on you

wolves give up to much even if the land brand head up for marion i am weary of giving up high picks for players coming off major injuries and havent played since

ron mack
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 06:43:58 pm »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
Miami Heat
Trades:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Ricky Davis
 - Chris Quinn

Recieves:
 - #3 Pick
 - Marko Jaric
 - Samuel Dalembert
 - Antoine Walker
 - Rashad McCants

Philadelphia 76er's
Trades:
 - Samuel Dalembert

Recieves:
 - Ricky Davis
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Chris Quinn

Minnesota Timberwolves
Trades:
 - #3 Pick
 - Marko Jaric
 - Antoine Walker
 - Rashad McCants

Recieves:
 - Shawn Marion to trade for Elton Brand

THEN

Los Angeles Clippers
Trades:
 - Elton Brand

Recieves:
 - Shawn Marion

Reasoning:

Miami Heat

Miami trades away two of their best assets in order to fill up the more important parts of their roster, PG and C. Dalembert is a proven double double machine and is great defensively. We also recieve the number 3 pick in order to pick up Mayo or Bayless to complete our roster. We pick up a few bad contracts, but it's necessary in order to complete the trade fairly. We would also buy-out Walker's remaining contract. We can than pick up Szczerbiak at the MLE to bring in some 3-point shooting and bench scoring. I'm really hoping Cook can hone in on some PG skills, such as ball-handling and decision making this off-season so he can play back-up PG. He's a great 3-point threat, can create his own shot, and would create match-up problems for most PG's.

Line-up:

PG: Mayo or Bayless/Cook or Banks
SG: Wade/McCantsor Cook
SF: Dorrell/Szczerbiak
PF: Michael Beasley/Joel Anthony
C: Samuel Dalembert/Zo or Blount

Philadelphia 76er's

Now, before everyone trips out, it is a known fact that Philly is shipping Dalembert and are planning to draft a big-man in the draft. Udonis is a great asset to play alongside a good big-man aka Orlando wants him next to Dwight very badly. Also, Philly's biggest weakness is a terrible lack of three point shooting. Ricky Davis shot 40% for the Heat as well as Quinn. Many people say Davis is a cancer and whatnot, but he hasn't been in trouble with anyone for many years and seems to have matured a lot. He would be a very nice scoring threat off the bench. Quinn is an up-and-coming Steve Nash type PG. He may not be very good defensively, but the kid can definitely ball on the offensive end. He averaged about 15 pts and 7 assists for the Heat this past season when all of the starters went to the crapper and he really showed what he's made of.

Line-up:

Andre/Quinn
Green/Davis
Miller/Young
Haslem/Young or Smith
Deandre Jordan or Speights or any number of big-men lol

Minnesota Timberwolves

Trade talks between the Heat are, Marion for Brand in a sign-and-trade deal, so it's the same deal once we trade Marion to Minny. Instead of Minny hoping their draftee turns into an all-star, they get a veteran all-star PF and moves Al Jeff to the C position to strengthen their line-up immediately. Minny is already young enough as it is so adding an all-star PF still in his prime would do wonders for the younger players. It will take a load of pressure of Al and allow Gomes/Foye/Brewer to further develop. They also get rid of some bad contracts in Walker, Jaric, and McCants.

Line-up:

PG: Randy Foye
SG: Corey Brewer
SF: Ryan Gomes
PF: Elton Brand
C: Al Jefferson

Los Angeles Clippers
Trade that are already going to between the Heat and Clips; or at least that's what the rumors are. Doesn't need much explaining lol, just a swap of all-stars.

If Marion demands a trade, i can see something like this happening.
& How long are Jaric, & MCcants contracts?

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
JLANE91234
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 04:37:50 pm »

Everything seems good here, but Philly isnt giving up enough to get what there getting. C' mon Ricky Davis & Udonis Haslem for only Samuel Dalemburt. I know they have alot of Cap but still other teams are stupid for giving this up.

Philly has to give up at least one more player, maybe a young guy like a Lou Williams who has a bright future and can start in the leauge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: