Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suns - Clippers  (Read 1875 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« on: June 24, 2008, 08:20:52 am »

Suns get:
Corey Maggette
pick #7

Clippers get:
Leandro Barbosa
pick #15

----------------------------------------------------

Suns:
Nash -- DJ Augustin
Bell -- DJ Strawberry
Maggette -- Hill
Amare -- Diaw
Shaq -- Skinner

Clippers:
Barbosa -- Knight
Mobley -- Livingston
Thorton -- TimThomas
Brand -- Powell
Kaman -- Robin Lopez or DeAndre Jordan or Alexis Ajinca or Kosta Koufos or Marreese Speights
chyko21
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:23:52 am »

i like it for the clippers but i'm not sure about the suns
knowledge
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:34:12 am »

Quote from: "chyko21"
i like it for the clippers but i'm not sure about the suns

why?  they fall 8 picks and give up the better player to get a younger Cuttino Mobley (who they already have).  i HATE this for the Clippers

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:09:22 am »

yeah suns win this slightly.

but its also cause we are judgin it on the fact that:

barbosa end the season badly and maggette finished the season well.

but barbosa starting in a fresh new season, he is a beast pg in the NBA.
fortunekicks
Undrafted

Besides watching, I am very good at Basketball

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:15:24 am »

Suns rape with this deal. they get the SF they need + a pick to make them younger. I dont think Kerr gives a rat *** about diaw and barbosa so its win for him.

A Fan of the Knicks and Jason Williams
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:21 pm »

Yeah I heard about this deal, and my expression now is by expression then what they hell are the Clippers thinking. You don't trade down in the draft when your giving up the better player. I don't think Barbosa is better than Eric Gordon, but Magette for the 15th isn't bad, when you count the fact that Magette hates it their and is leaving. Barbosa is a great six man, but is he really a PG, that can handle the  gig full time, and on a half court team no less.

Note I think the if the Suns get Magette and Eric Gordon. The bench problem is taken largely taken care of instead of a backup PG.

Nash, Bell, Magette, Amare, Shaq bench Gordon, Diaw, Hill, but you
ron mack925
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:14:41 pm »

this was publicly made early this morning. it was really proposed i think its a fair deal for both

ron mack
MR23Miyagi
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:08:25 pm »

Suns really do rape in this trade, they get a top ten and Maggette. Barbosa is a great player OFF THE BENCH. He is more of a combo guard and i can not see him running the floor as a full time PG that enjoys posting up their bigs, Kaman and Brand.

Isn't Grant Hill and Brian Skinner FA's. The Suns would take DJ Augustin at 7th? They can get a better player in Eric Gordan, or a big like Lopez or Love so that they can move Diaw, get more size, and ensure they have a future once Shaq leaves.
matrixskillz
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:39:15 pm »

clips would pick up brandon rush at 15, and just for the record barbosa is NOT a starting PG in this league. no d'antoni = role player
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:45:38 am »

Quote from: "MR23Miyagi"
Suns really do rape in this trade, they get a top ten and Maggette. Barbosa is a great player OFF THE BENCH. He is more of a combo guard and i can not see him running the floor as a full time PG that enjoys posting up their bigs, Kaman and Brand.

Isn't Grant Hill and Brian Skinner FA's. The Suns would take DJ Augustin at 7th? They can get a better player in Eric Gordan, or a big like Lopez or Love so that they can move Diaw, get more size, and ensure they have a future once Shaq leaves.

suns would take DJ Augustin becuase, everyone is calling him the black nash and it would be good for him to learn from nash.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 02:16:17 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Quote from: "MR23Miyagi"

suns would take DJ Augustin becuase, everyone is calling him the black nash and it would be good for him to learn from nash.

he's actually kinda white

rampage001
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 02:22:28 am »

I am not sold that Barbosa is a PG. When ever he runs the point with the suns he really only looks for himself. I think of Barbosa as a Monta Ellis type. Fast-Small-Scoring guards. I do like this for the suns though. It gives them another good scorer who can take pressure off Nash to have to have the ball so much. I also don't see why the Clips would have to give up the 7th pick?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: