Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolves draft  (Read 2871 times)
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 26, 2008, 08:58:23 pm »

So what do you guys think about the Wolves draft?  I would have liked to see them grab Bill Walker or DeAndre Jordan with one of their 2nd round picks but I like the value in Mario Chalmers.

wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:49 pm »

Well nevermind we don't even have Mario Chalmers anymore.  I guess Mchale found a way to f*ck this up.  After all of this we pretty much only end up with 1 pick (OJ Mayo).  I seen quite a few mocks where Chalmers was a top 15 pick and now we only add 1 player in this draft.  I'm pissed.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:20:15 pm »

yeah i'm shocked too. and angry. i'm a pretty big fan of minnesota and to sit there and watch them pass on deandre was hard to take. then to TRADE chalmers more pretty much nothing is downright disgusting.
maybe we'll be wrong in 3 years when pekovic comes over. but whether or not he does, we still have the glaring hole at centre. mchale, do what you gotta do to get jordan. offer boston's pick next year, mccants, whatever just make sure you have him. your losing more fans every year and theres not even a real reason for it.
keeping mayo is the best thing you've done in the last 5 years. but you need jordan more then you realise. just do it. don't think about it, just do it. it needs to be done.

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:44:29 am »

now they've traded oj mayo
that's it. kevin garnett deserved so much more then this *** mchale. he should have got out earlier. alot earlier.
portland trailblazers from now on. *** mchale, *** the association, *** the team. all request for a trade. take gomes, brewer and foye with you.or i dunno just kill mchale and end this madness
theyve even changed the slides on timberwolves.com
this is disgusting

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:48:45 am »

I have no words left in me.

I want Benek to come over and go on a McHale killing spree. To wit; both Freddie Hoiberg and Jim Stack wanted Mayo. I blame it all on McFail.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 03:16:15 am »

McHale has said he wants to set things right in Minnesota before he steps down, and judging from what he has brought onboard thanks to Memphis’ all-out desire for Mayo, this may be his best move yet.

we can hope can't we? honestly though i will wait until the season starts before i say that was the worst trade ever. love appears to be alot different physically since his UCLA days so it might work out.

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 02:56:09 am »

i think my new life goal is to seriously become a GM and fix this mess

sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 05:53:55 am »

I dont see why you guys are worked up on the OJ MAYO trade.  It made absolute sense.  Kevin Love will protect Big Al by adding another guy with 3 point range, that can reboudn/defend and run your offense.  He is an EXCEPTIONAL passer.

It seemed weird to me to draft Mayo when they clearly have yet to give up on Foye.  WOuldnt of made sense.

Trust me Wolves fan, you will Love, Love.  Cool
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 09:13:45 am »

We're not saying that we won't like Love it's just that Mayo is a better fit.  It doesn't matter that we have Foye because he plays the 1 and Mayo plays the 2.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »

And neither Love or Jefferson are decent defenders. They both need a good defensive C next to them.

Instead they;ve got each other. Two minuses do not give a plus here. Oh well, let's give it a chance.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 10:21:40 pm »

Quote from: "sjboy"
I dont see why you guys are worked up on the OJ MAYO trade.  It made absolute sense.  Kevin Love will protect Big Al by adding another guy with 3 point range, that can reboudn/defend and run your offense.  He is an EXCEPTIONAL passer.

It seemed weird to me to draft Mayo when they clearly have yet to give up on Foye.  WOuldnt of made sense.

Trust me Wolves fan, you will Love, Love.  Cool

stop talking about the mayo trade it broke my heart :cry:
aite man i'll explain to you why mayo would have been better, though i'm not saying kevin love is bad.
    1. mayo could and at first will play SG wherever he goes. he didn't prove in college to have enough playmaking ability to run the point so with foye playing PG they both would have done well.
    2. foye is a great slasher while mayo is more of a jumpshooter which would have been a great compliment. mayo is also a scorer, which could have helped take pressure off al
    3. neither love nor al are great defenders. and yes as said 2 minuses don't equal a plus
    4. we drafted pekovic so in a few years he could have come over and been our starting centre, in the mean time we develop mayo, foye, al and brewer to be our core while adding lottery pieces off the bench (tyreke evans, earl clark, etc)
    5. apart from pekovic we could have also gone for a defensive centre in next years draft eg thabeet
    6. this trade makes us only marginally better offensively. defensively we are back to where we were last year with jefferson playing centre, which admittedly would have been the same with mayo but atleast we would have had the flexibility to go for a stop gap centre in FA.
    7. it makes us a perenial lottery team like the clippers. never good enough to get a top 3 pick, but bad enough to miss the playoffs and any cant miss prospects
    8. we have enough 3pt shooters without adding a bigman in there jacking 3s
    9. no one likes minnesota. no offence to anyone who lives there etc but seriously when was the last time we got a bigname FA? ANY DECENT FAs? cap space means nothing to us apart from resigning our own. this is a team that must be rebuilt in the draft, but we missed our GOLDEN oppurtunity to add a major piece in mayo who would also have sold a boatload more jerseys then love, so this trade makes even less sense business wise

seriously, mchale fucked up. no ifs no buts no maybes. there is a small chance we can make up for it next year if demar derozan lives up to the hype. but seriously i have lost all faith in the FO and mchale in particular. i wasnt around when he did the other stupid *** so it was easier to believe, but this is just shocking

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: