Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Timberwolves 2008-2009  (Read 14163 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 01:07:23 am »

I think it's too early to be thinking about a trade for a star, We have to wait and see how our current roster does during the season, though by your reasoning any star we trade for would have to be a wing, since the 1,4 and 5 positions are locked up. I think the timing would be during/after the 2009 draft or if we're desperate the trade deadline, though I doubt it's then because honestly we shouldn't be desperate. I know most don't agree with me but I think it would be better to build more through the draft. We've got some nice high picks next year (ours obviously and Miami's should be between 11-16) that we can use to add talent to develop along with the very basic core of Foye, Jefferson and Love (our other pieces are McCants, Brewer, Telfair, Gomes and Smith though I wouldn't say any of those are as untouchable). But I think Foye could be the 2nd option if we let him as he was a very nice scorer at the end of last season when he was finally healthy. Or I don't know maybe we pull a Boston after a few years

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 09:14:00 am »

I don't think PG is locked up. Foye is out there with something to prove. If he fails to be a playmaker (he can easily get 15ppg or more but he needs to pass at around 5apg) then I can see Telfair promoted to starter with Foye playing SG... OR Foye traded next to Cardinal for an expiring or a hefty deal of a "star".

It's a foregone conclusion Telfair and McCants have ebst stats when on the floor together, that's why I see the 1st backcourt in Foye/Miller, while the 2nd in Telfair/McCants...with Carney (or Brewer at SG) filling in in case of foul trouble or something.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 06:15:37 pm »

No offence but I doubt Foye will be traded. Besides the point he hasn't been healthy enough to get any real idea of what he's like, the last month he posted 18-6 averages. I know he didn't do it all season, but knee injuries are some of the hardest to play through so it might still have been affecting him. I don't like Telfair starting either. He's a good playmaker but he really does struggle to finish at times

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 01:42:15 pm »

I also am a big fan of Foye and really hope he can be the PG we've been waiting for.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 02:31:02 pm »

Holy crap, Chris Richard sign something already.

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 04:14:42 pm »

I think the Wolves just told him to take the 886k qualifyin offer or leave. He's probably hesitant because he knows that he'll be D-League material on this team, which after the Memphis trade has an abundance of big-men.

Maybe he's got some faint hope that other teams might be interested and the Wolves don;t match (I doubt they would).
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »

He's too raw to invest any time in. He's just an energy guy with less skills then guys like Ronny Turiaf and as said we seem to have an abundance of bigmen now so he seems alittle out of place. He'll be gone next season probably

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 04:39:55 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"
I think the Wolves just told him to take the 886k qualifyin offer or leave. He's probably hesitant because he knows that he'll be D-League material on this team, which after the Memphis trade has an abundance of big-men.

Maybe he's got some faint hope that other teams might be interested and the Wolves don;t match (I doubt they would).

I hadn't seen anything on that. Link me?

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 05:17:03 am »

No link, it's just my speculation, since I don't see the Wolves giving him more than his QO of 886.000 AND I try to logically argue why he's still not resigned. Richard is not needed, even for depth, since we got Collins, Cardinal and Booth while losing only 'Toine from the depth chart.
k_garnett21
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 05:32:07 am »

Wouldn't would it be preferable to make Love play center and Al PF ?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:29 am »

Love's also 6-10, true. But I guess his rookie mistakes will hurt less when he's playing PF, since he can always have his strength advantage - while at C he has little advantage and lack experience. If he proves he's a mature player - why not, let him play C.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 12:45:33 pm »

State of the Wolves
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 02:48:59 pm »

I knew it

czaras