Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Indy Will Buyout Tinsley If They Can't Deal Him?  (Read 5279 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: June 29, 2008, 09:09:03 am »

The Pacers have reportedly made the decision to buyout the contract of point guard Jamaal Tinsley if they aren't able to trade him, according to The New York Daily News.

Tinsley has three years and more than $21 million left on his contract.

Larry Bird and David Morway are rumored to have made the decision to buy out Tinsley well before dealing for point guards T.J. Ford and Jarrett Jack.
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:37:21 pm »

Now every teams knows that, No one will make an offer and will wait a buy out....Once again it will be a bad move for Bird

sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 04:12:17 pm »

i'm glad we're buying him out.  we don't need that type of cancer our team anymore.  who were you expecting to get in a trade for him anyway?  some teams 10th-12th man?  with his contract, attitude, health nobody wants to touch him.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »

i just wanted a veteran expiring contract.

i agree with the guy 2 spots up, bird shouldnt of said this.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 01:54:25 am »

bird probably doesn't want him around the team anymore.  he doesn't want his presence influencing the young guys.  good move.. buy out as soon as possible
legenderypete
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:04:20 am »

well the pacers are doin a full rebuildin with o'neal and tinsley going so it should be the start of a turn around.

Tinsley on his day can be great but he bit of a trouble maker and is quite often injured so gettin rid of him can only be good.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:00:28 am »

There is more than one side of this business.  Publicly making a statement like that and the one about Shawn Williams, is more for the fans.  It started last year with them not making an offer to Harrison.

The Fans are likely to come back somewhat, just on the talk that Tinsley will not be here.  I think it was genius.  The only trade you were going to get for the contract was something just as bad if not worse.  Include him in any package would diminish our return on the rest of the package.  

Daniels and Williams might get you something, but adding Tinsley is a show stopper.  He is viewed so poorly, that it would be hard to get rid of him in a package including Granger.

They just realized that they were going to lose money either way, but they can market this statement.  They may make it back in ticket sales.

If they can trade Daniels and Williams quickly, maybe we could pack the house again.

Boom Baby!!!!
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 07:48:09 am »

You know, Bird has likely been shopping Tinsley around for well over two seasons. I think he's got a pretty good idea if any other team has any shred of interest in trading for Tinsley. Come on guys -- Larry has been known to make some questionable decisions, but he has nothing to lose by announcing that Tinsley would be bought out.

If anything, it gives us MORE leverage, because now a team might be willing to part with a draft pick or bench player instead of losing out on Tinsley to a team with more cap flexibility when he's officially released.
Shard
Starter

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:28 am »

Tinsley is good, how he is a cancer to the team?

he may have  few injuries, but who doesnt, the nba stand for No Boys Allowed

Quote from: "LKdude"
I don't think the Bucks will be approaching the playoffs soon.  

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Washington, Toronto and Miami won't be better than the Bulls next season.  
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 09:53:43 am »

he just need to be on a team worth playing for.. a contender.. then he will shine.

start for wizards and move arenas to SG.. lol?
Shard
Starter

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 09:57:49 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
he just need to be on a team worth playing for.. a contender.. then he will shine.

start for wizards and move arenas to SG.. lol?

ROFL  Cheesy

not a bad idea. Arenas should just camp the 3 imo, hes so good at hitting it , and I dont question his range.

but Deshawn would be left out haha

Quote from: "LKdude"
I don't think the Bucks will be approaching the playoffs soon.  

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Washington, Toronto and Miami won't be better than the Bulls next season.  
naptown
Star

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 07:56:58 am »

I would by him out too it's time to completly remake the team
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:03 am »

i agree with naptown. it's obvious tj ford is the future for them at PG and jack is more then a serviceable backup, so paying tinsley that much to be a backup is a joke. as for saying it publicly, i'd say it's more for the fans. other teams don't want him with his contract and most of them would have known this was coming anyway if they're interested in signing him. he'll do well in a championship environment, so hopefully he'll end up with a contender. i would have said boston before they resigned house and tony allen

naptown
Star

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 09:46:44 am »

yea alot of teams could use him i think the cavs would be an ideal spot an plus we get to boo him when he comes to town
jtan08
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 01:55:18 am »

Jaret Jack still young and will improve. His number last season almost 10pts and 5 assist per game. Can be start in a bad team and a very good back for a contender. He will contend minutes for TJ Ford or play him some min at SG.

Tinsley's number is still pretty good; 12pts, 8 assists, 2 steal per game is not bad. He can start for Cavs and Celtics if he play with good attitude on and off the floor and not injured.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: