Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: a msg to all : NO BIG TRADES ARE GOING TO HAPPEN  (Read 5603 times)
BOSH
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:33 am »

ok, just to clear things up. we're not getting Magget, Artest, Haslam, or anyone that's big. we got 5 millions to spend on like 5 guys to fill out the roaster.

and plus, for the Haslam trade, we turned down Andrea for Jeff, why would we trade Andrea for Haslam? I know we turned it down because Yi is like Andrea, with less range. And since the trade between us started first, we must of turned it down so they turned to Yi.

signing in as tj. ford, chris bosh, and many other annoying accounts.
Chuck Diesel
Starter

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:16:42 am »

you should apply for a disability tax credit certificate.
Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:50 am »

lol at Chuck.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:57:58 am »

Aww c'mon man, I really wanted Magget and Haslam. Sounds like a pretty sweet terrorist duo.

Soon....
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:07 am »

Quote from: "cselby"
Aww c'mon man, I really wanted Magget and Haslam. Sounds like a pretty sweet terrorist duo.

LMAO!

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

Respect: +3

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:22:07 pm »

LOL
wow, is all I can say.

What do you guys think about this article:
http://www.charlotte.com/140/story/688312.html

All things considered, if we never got JO, and had held on to the 17th pick, or maybe package that with Nesterovic etc to move up or trade for another piece... what do you guys think of the fact that BC turned down the opportunity to just trade Tj straight up for G Wallace, and it got shut down cos he wanted a draft pick as well?? A bit of a silly move from BC IMO, the injury concern with Wallace is the same as it is for Ford and JO, so all things considered, do you guys think he made a mistake by asking too much and losing the opportunity to land a player with the impact that Wallace makes?

PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:24:21 pm »

Re: this thread,
Yeah its pretty clear there will be no more big splashes made this off season from the Raptors end, Calderons going to get a big contract and thats going to pretty much settle it.
Question, regardless of how much we pay Calderon, the MLE is still available yes? That is pretty much the only thing we have left to do this off season, but i think the rest of the summer is just going to be a sit n wait session until the season starts.

Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:34 pm »

Quote from: "PaintinDaTownRed"
LOL
wow, is all I can say.

What do you guys think about this article:
http://www.charlotte.com/140/story/688312.html

All things considered, if we never got JO, and had held on to the 17th pick, or maybe package that with Nesterovic etc to move up or trade for another piece... what do you guys think of the fact that BC turned down the opportunity to just trade Tj straight up for G Wallace, and it got shut down cos he wanted a draft pick as well?? A bit of a silly move from BC IMO, the injury concern with Wallace is the same as it is for Ford and JO, so all things considered, do you guys think he made a mistake by asking too much and losing the opportunity to land a player with the impact that Wallace makes?

No I dont think he made the wrong decision. Now I really like the way Wallace plays...but like you said they are both injury prone...however if JO is hurt and doesnt play that much we will be able to get rid of his contract in 2 years (big free agent year)...if Wallace gets hurt, we could potentially be stuck with him for another 4 years...so I think it was a pretty smart move...

efrivela
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 04:46:55 pm »

it's weird... I think every Raps fan wanted a Wallace type player last season.. but now that we had the chance.. I don't know if I would've pulled the trigger either. the poster above me is right.. given the length of his contract we'd be taking more of a chance on him, plus I'm not completely sold on Wallace. with J.O we know what we're getting if he's healthy and I like the idea of Bosh not having to guard centers
Chuck Diesel
Starter

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 06:13:32 pm »

Wallace is a great player when healthy. But he's never healthy. Ever. So I mean we can dream or be realistic. He averages 20 pts 10 boards and 3 surgeries a year. It's not gonna cut it.

P.S. his assists to surgeries ratio sucks!
baller4life
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 09:14:59 pm »

THough I really would have liked Wallace, the capspace that we will have in two years is too much to pass up when you think about it. When Bosh opts out it's like 35 million. Of course half of that goes back to Bosh pretty much. but the other half can be used to sign something better than Wallace which makes it a great trade. Hey JO really likes it here and takes a huge pay-cut to stay. In two years we could have one of the best Raptor teams ever potentially

In the end, there can be only one!
BOSH
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:35 pm »

listen, we are not considering several things

ok, everyone loves wallace. i understand that. but just because he can block and steal, doesn't make him a great defender and it is arguable that o'neal is just as good or better than wallace. wallace is just as injury prone, and wallace has a longer contract so if things don't work out with him, we have no back up. o'neals is short, and if it don't work out this year, we can trade him next year to teams that want salary space. wallace is exciting, but exciting don't bring championships. wallace won't be a better upgrade for our wing players as o'neal will for our center. also, who could we got in the 17th pick that is going to be good?

signing in as tj. ford, chris bosh, and many other annoying accounts.
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 11:23:04 pm »

Bosh I was speaking hypothetically, I too agree that Jo was the better move considering the circumstances, but it got me thinking when I read that article cos I remember this time last yr how everyone was harping on about how that is exactly the type of player we need etc etc.

hypothetically, if we had traded wallace for tj str8 up, we'd still have about 10/11 mil to sign another good player ( wallace's contract is around 9mil yes? and Jo's is 20+) and also be able to trade Rasho+17th pick + whatever for someone else.. that was the thought process anyway, but yeah, theres very little that will trump having a boatload of cash to spend in the 2010 offseason.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:01 am »

Quote from: "PaintinDaTownRed"
hypothetically, if we had traded wallace for tj str8 up, we'd still have about 10/11 mil to sign another good player

This is incorrect.
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:11 am »

How so?

I havent looked up the contracts or anything, so you could be right, but I assumed if we had wallace for the 9+ in place of ONeal for the 20+, wouldnt we have the difference to spend on someone else, assuming also that we still trade Rasho.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: