Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: a msg to all : NO BIG TRADES ARE GOING TO HAPPEN  (Read 5602 times)
BOSH
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:20 am »

Quote from: "PaintinDaTownRed"
Bosh I was speaking hypothetically, I too agree that Jo was the better move considering the circumstances, but it got me thinking when I read that article cos I remember this time last yr how everyone was harping on about how that is exactly the type of player we need etc etc.

hypothetically, if we had traded wallace for tj str8 up, we'd still have about 10/11 mil to sign another good player ( wallace's contract is around 9mil yes? and Jo's is 20+) and also be able to trade Rasho+17th pick + whatever for someone else.. that was the thought process anyway, but yeah, theres very little that will trump having a boatload of cash to spend in the 2010 offseason.

actually, we won't have the difference. we're 70 million, the cap is around 59 million. so if we had wallace, we'll still be over the cap. we'll hae 60. we can try to get rid of rasho, which will leave us at 54, but to sign a first round will be 56 million. add up the other players we'll need to sign and we'll be back at 6 million which will leave us with the mid level exception again.

signing in as tj. ford, chris bosh, and many other annoying accounts.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:26 pm »

How so?

I havent looked up the contracts or anything, so you could be right, but I assumed if we had Wallace for the 9+ in place of ONeal for the 20+, wouldn't we have the difference to spend on someone else, assuming also that we still trade Rasho.

Ok.  We have no cap space right now.  I don't know the exact number, but lets say its 60 million in salaries (the cap is 50 something).  If we trade for Wallace, we lose 8 million (Ford) and gain 8 million (Wallace), so our cap is still at 60 million, ie, no space to sign free agents.   When we trade for O'Neal we lose about 20 million in contracts, and gain about 20 million with O'Neal.  No change.  Still at around 60 million.

The ONLY way to get cap room would be to trade away a player and receive nothing in return.  This is only possible when trading to teams under the salary cap.
BOSH
Benchwarmer

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 03:05:20 pm »

Quote from: "Supa"
How so?

I havent looked up the contracts or anything, so you could be right, but I assumed if we had Wallace for the 9+ in place of ONeal for the 20+, wouldn't we have the difference to spend on someone else, assuming also that we still trade Rasho.

Ok.  We have no cap space right now.  I don't know the exact number, but lets say its 60 million in salaries (the cap is 50 something).  If we trade for Wallace, we lose 8 million (Ford) and gain 8 million (Wallace), so our cap is still at 60 million, ie, no space to sign free agents.   When we trade for O'Neal we lose about 20 million in contracts, and gain about 20 million with O'Neal.  No change.  Still at around 60 million.

The ONLY way to get cap room would be to trade away a player and receive nothing in return.  This is only possible when trading to teams under the salary cap.

the cap is 59, and right now we have 69 or 70. tax is like 71:S

Supa
Starter

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:56 pm »

Actually I do not believe the cap is 59.  It has not been announced what it is for the next season yet.
why so serious?
Star

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 06:56:30 pm »

Actually I do not believe the cap is 59.  It has not been announced what it is for the next season yet.

Says the guy who said " Whoever picks the celtics to win the championship are stupid".  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BOSH
Benchwarmer

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 07:22:59 pm »

i'm so sry, it's 60 million.

it's between 59 to 60 million.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:48 pm »

Quote from: "why so serious?"

Says the guy who said " Whoever picks the celtics to win the championship are stupid".  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1) I never said that.   I said whoever picks the Celts is retarded.

2) You're stupid regardless of whoever you picked.

3) You disagree with what I said about the salary cap?

4) What happened to the special account you made just to harass me?  Sad you got discovered?
Supa
Starter

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:57 pm »

Quote from: "BOSH"

i'm so sry, it's 60 million.

it's between 59 to 60 million.

I don't know if its 60 million, I have no idea.  I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just that I don't think its been set yet.  I think that information comes out in a few days.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 09:25:45 pm »

The cap is 58 million

Supa
Starter

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 09:27:13 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"
The cap is 58 million

Do you have a link?  Not that I doubt you, I just want a site that gets that kind of news.  I haven't seen it on espn and stuff.

to be honest. In my xbox 360 version of nba live 08, the salary cap is 58 million in dynasty mode. But i'll try to find another resource
Supa
Starter

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:37 pm »

to be honest. In my xbox 360 version of nba live 08, the salary cap is 58 million in dynasty mode. But i'll try to find another resource

I did not write this. What the f*uck.

Why so serious is a mod?
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »

07/08 salary was 55.6 million dollars. Not 100 % sure on 08/09. But i have a hunch it's 58 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Salary_Cap

Supa
Starter

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 09:35:28 pm »

Did you edit my post Prime Time? What the hell?
BOSH
Benchwarmer

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 10:02:05 pm »

it's 59 million last year an nba news guy that does blogs said. (i read his blogs, and he writes for the star). and it won't increase by that much this year, so prabably around 60 million.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:44 pm »

Quote from: "BOSH"
it's 59 million last year an nba news guy that does blogs said. (i read his blogs, and he writes for the star). and it won't increase by that much this year, so prabably around 60 million.

Actually I just checked, the salary cap last year was 55.6 million.  Not 59 million.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: