Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlotte - New York  (Read 1783 times)
geloraptor
Journeyman

« on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:44 pm »

New York
Nazr Mohammed
Othella Harrington

Charlotte
Eddy Curry

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4700058
Big Aristotle
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:32:46 pm »

I like.

“Wins overtake highlights. I’m about winning games, not making highlights.” - Lebron James
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »

I dont like this trade yes Charlotte gives up nothing but a solid backup but we take back a center that dosnt play defense im not sure what his contract is or when it expires but LBis our coach. we dont need someone like Curry playing for us.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:19:21 pm »

yeah i'm not sure how curry would play under larry brown, but it's an interesting trade and fills a need for charlotte. i'm guessing mohammed and harrington expire before 2010? that would be the only way the knicks would do it i think

lspank
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:22:15 pm »

yeh i agree with bradleiu here, its not a big risk but i just dont want to see it happen
eddy curry is tainted and Larry brown would hate his laziness and work ethic

okafor would cover for him a lot defensively while curry is a good scorer, which sounds like it could work pretty well, however... its eddy curry
dagame2260
Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:17:19 am »

Quote from: "lspank"
yeh i agree with bradleiu here, its not a big risk but i just dont want to see it happen
eddy curry is tainted and Larry brown would hate his laziness and work ethic

okafor would cover for him a lot defensively while curry is a good scorer, which sounds like it could work pretty well, however... its eddy curry

It'll work because Okafor is there to cover for him.  Curry's problem is not 1 on 1 defense, its help defense.  The guy doesn't like to move his feet on defense.  However, Okafor is one of th best help defenders in the league.  I think they would complement each other very well.
ron mack925
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 04:38:37 am »

with larry brown given freedom to coach he might be able to turn eddy around he played ok until he got hurt with brown there maybe change of scenery and mj childhood idol ithink mj and lb might be able to get through to curry and it would be a great trade ny would be tricked into doing this to get rid of contract then kill themselves when lb turns him into all star center

ron mack
bigg mike
Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 02:59:16 pm »

I was thinking of this trade before actually.
Charlotte needs interior scoring, Curry's only use is to do that. He and Okafor cover each other, and he goes back to playing under Brown in a less-scrutinized environment, which should be better for both of them.

B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 06:51:21 pm »

I'd do it as a Knicks fan, hopefully Zach would go back to putting up 20 and 10 numbers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: