Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors enter Maggette derby  (Read 2554 times)
The Big Three
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:21 pm »

The Warriors still hold Elton Brand as their preferred option, but the front office has reached out to forward Corey Maggette, another Clippers' free agent, according to two league sources.

The Warriors are one of the few teams who can offer Maggette more than the mid-level exception, which is expected to be around $5.6 million when the new cap figures are released.

The rest of the NBA's free agent crop is headlined by 76ers' forward Andre Iguodala and Hawks' forward Josh Smith although the Warriors are not believed to be courting either restricted free agent at the moment.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53400/20080705/warriors_enter_maggette_derby/

I just don't see him being a good fit, he should go to a team in which he can win, i.e. San Antonio, Orlando, or Boston.  Golden State's a competitor for 8th seed at best.

bayball
Starter

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 03:08:35 pm »

hed fit fine...hed get his 17-23 pts per game fine at GSW, but they dont need a swingman

and yes hed win more in Detroit, or Boston or SA

sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 03:03:24 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a punk?  I mean we got Capt. Jack who would b*tch slap the Duke out of him, but still... do we want to waste $ on this clown?

Check his resume: Duke, LA Clippers. LOL.  He is a fortified clown.

The day he gets signed, I'll be sure to be wearing adult diapers, because I think I will S**** my pants.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:43 am »

Don't you guys already have enough guards slash swingmen. I think this franchise is just reacting right now.

The hard truth is that there's no one on the market that suits them. Josh Smith is the closest, but they already have Brandan Wright who I would give a chance to rather than overpay Smith to get him to come to GS. Note if I was the GM I would tell Nelle to simply play the guys we got and let players like Wright and Randolph get expierence, and see who should stay and who should go. There's a lot of good big guys hitting FA next year that much better suit the needs of this team. Personally I would find it hilarious if GSW got back at LA for stealing Baron, which they did, with stealing Bynum, yeah different team, but it is still a coupe for the bay. Just ride it out this year.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:43:51 am »

golden state should not panic after losing baron davis..

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:13:10 pm »

Quote from: "ryecyd"

exactly, its time for rebuilding mode, signing either maggette or brand is only being in denial, this team isn't a contender nor are they close so they should rebuild, its that simple

sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:12 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"

exactly, its time for rebuilding mode, signing either maggette or brand is only being in denial, this team isn't a contender nor are they close so they should rebuild, its that simple

Make a run at Yao in 2 years !
bayball
Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:55:19 pm »

Quote from: "sjboy"
Quote from: "t-mac357"

Make a run at Yao in 2 years !

I dont think you could find a worse fit out of superstars in this league (Shaq maybe)....Yao is sooo slow and is the anti-Monta Ellis/ warriors. Hed get injured trying to make it up the court so much

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: