Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011-12 Minnesota Timberwolves Prospects**Fixed/Updated**  (Read 24410 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 04:19:50 am »

i'd be looking at guys that can come in and contribute right away, and a big man is crucial

if you get the #1 pick of course you'd have to take griffin, other than that i'd target thabeet as the #1 prospect

followed by stephon curry and jeff teague, also wouldn't pass on harden if he was on the board when you make your first pick

czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 07:47:26 am »

I'd go for a PG in the draft. We will be picking anywhere between 5-7, unless we luck out and end up top3 - doubtful.

We are assuming that we need: a PG, a C. In the second line; we need a complimentary scorer at the swingman position. One can be obtained with out top pick, the other through a trade (Mike Miller + Boston's/Utah's 1st round pick). As for the scoring SF... the draft it is - Miami's pick is ok for it.

So in the draft either we settle for Hasheem Thabeet as our future C or we go for Jennings/Holiday/Teague as our future PG.

I'd much rather go for the PG. There are more players, ranging from good shooters like Teague to flashy dynamic passers like Jennings or good defenders like Holiday. I'm not sure who is my eprsonal favorite. All signs say Jrue Holiday since he is the most complete player out of the 3... but Jennings' stardom potential still has me dazzled and I just can't write him off.

Assuming we take a PG with our top pick and we settle for Nick Calathes OR Tyreke Evans with the Miami pick (Evans will be gone by then I bet, Calathes is nice though) then we have to address the Center need in Free Agency.

Why? Because there are more veteran decent defensive C's available than good PGs. If I'm choosing between drafting Thabeet & trading for Hinrich AND drafting Holiday/Jennings & trading for Chandler/Dalembert then I am EASILY goping for option #2.

Both Dalembert and Chandler fit Big Al and K-Love perfectly because they;re long, defensive oriented and can block shots. Mike Miller (10mill expiring of a productive player) and a low 1st could give us a chance at them. Actually, I am pretty sure Philly would give us Dalembert while New Orleans would want slightly more (maybe Craig Smith? dunno).
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 02:42:16 am »

Our FO is committed to the Love-Jefferson combination and using a high pick on someone like Thabeet to come off the bench and eventually share minutes with Pekovic is tough to swallow.

Also I can't see the FO justifying a point guard either. While we need one in the worst way, the guys your describing are little better then what we have. Jennings is a younger Telfair, Holiday is probably not going to declare and Teague is a 6-2 Randy Foye. None of them fit what we have here and this is assuming the FO is also committed to Randy Foye.

So a big guard that can run the offence like Nick Calathes or Tyreke Evans would be better. Harden would be a nice pick if he's available but I don't have alot of faith in us winning the lottery. Honestly if we're picking at 6th or 7th I could see us moving back or just reaching for Tyreke, especially if he has a good tournament. Ofcourse if Rubio is available we'd pick him.

I also can't see why we'd take a swingman. The FO is still committed to Brewer, stupidly stubborn on the subject of trading Miller, has Gomes under contract and should resign Carney. Adding another player is subtraction by addition.

It's nice to think about all the steals we could get with 4 picks but the most likely scenario is we add 1 or 2 good draft picks and then try and swing a trade with the rest for a veteran.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 08:18:04 am »

I'm also all for veterans. Long term deals? So what? We're not making a splash in free agency anyhow, so we should deal for guys that have 3+ years left on their contracts.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 10:08:26 pm »

As long as we keep some flexibility. Right now we're looking at like 18 million in capspace that we could use to fill out our roster with decent veterans, maybe make a play for a restricted FA or create TPEs for other teams that need to clear salary like with Philadelphia.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 07:00:57 pm »

As it turns out:

Jonny Flynn and Wayne Ellington are going to be on the team per the draft.

Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, Damien Wilkins, and a bunch of no ones or has beens thru trade.

Super pumped about: Sessions and Flynn in the same backcourt together. That should be exciting. Obviously their are going to be some huge issues with the better SGs in the league with these two playing together, but whatever. Also, for some reason I'm pretty intrigued by Ryan Hollins. I'm not expecting anything out of him because he's pretty limited, but I think he will be an upgrade over the Madsen and Collins non sense that took place last season. I'm also pretty enthrawled with Kevin Love's progession and his increase in minutes facing him this season.

Less excited about: The fact that Carney still isn't under contract. He was a fan favorite for the Wolves last season and the current regime needs to take notice of this and bring him back. I'm also less excited about working for ANOTHER new coach and the clear attention having Theus and Laimbeer as coaches is going to bring. I'm not excited for seeing what shape Al Jefferson could be in after a major knee injury, I just wish that never happened at all. Not excited about the whole Rubio fiasco and how much time and resources went into getting him here and nothing came from that. Stupid teenagers.

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:05 pm »

I think we'll survive without Carney.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 08:11:30 pm »

I think we'll survive without Carney.

Correct, but he was still a revenue driver and exciting to watch.

RIP Madawg
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

Who fits best with the 3 first rounders for the Wolves?

RIP Madawg
sofakingbad
Starter

Respect: +49

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »

Probably Cousins at 4,  16 or 23 George or the best 2/3.  With whatever pick they don't move look at them getting a SF - think the wish list is something like Granger,J. Smith,Prince,Iggy. (Don't know if they have the ammo to get the first 2)  Letting Brewer move to 2 full time.  2011 Flynn/Brewer/Smith/Love/Darko.

They will try to move to 2 to get turner but I don't know if philly will part with the pick for anything close to reasonable. (Cap relief +Jefferson + Pick = for Brand's corpse and pick #2) 2011 Flynn/Turner/Brewer/Love/Darko

Could also see them going back at 4 to 6 with an Ellis and Randolf for jefferson and pick swaps.  Taking the SF they rate highest or is left.  2011 Flynn/Ellis/Brewer/Love/Darko

The picks and Randolf will be guys 6 and 7 off the bench

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 05:46:46 am »

No DeMarcus Cousins please. Just trade him to Philly fir Evan Turner. Or trade him to get a lower pick but a very good SG in return. I don't want to select Wes Johnson with 4 and stay with him because we don't need another 'solid player'... we need a difference maker in the backcourt.

***, even trade Rubio's mrights if it allows us to get #1 or #2.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 08:16:21 pm »

Harrison Barnes for the win!?

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 07:15:49 am »

Yeah, but we are bound to pick in the latter part of the top 10 this year. Unless NYK or NJ get Carmelo before February... but Toronto, Clippers, Philly, Detroit (they will blow it up this season I think), probably NJ if it's the Knicks getting Melo and most likely Washington will have a worse record than us. And who knows about Sac-Town and Denver if they trade Carmelo/Billups. So, even if I underrated someone, we're still like pick #7... the lottery might screw us too.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 02:11:02 am »

Don't you understand how the lottery works?

The only teams that get a #1 pick are ones in one of two situations. Firstly, they're either a team "important" to the NBA in some way that needs to get bailed out. Example, Washington is the capital of America, Wizards suck ass, Wizards get 1st overall pick, Wizards no longer suck ass. Similar situation with the Bulls and Clippers, although in typical fashion they still suck even with Griffin.

Secondly, they're a "young" team on the rise that's looking for that final piece. Portland moved from 7th to 1st and Toronto moved from 5th to 1st the year before. Now...well, we're looking like we're on the rise and ready for that final piece.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 08:13:31 am »

Don't you understand how the lottery works?

The only teams that get a #1 pick are ones in one of two situations. Firstly, they're either a team "important" to the NBA in some way that needs to get bailed out. Example, Washington is the capital of America, Wizards suck ass, Wizards get 1st overall pick, Wizards no longer suck ass. Similar situation with the Bulls and Clippers, although in typical fashion they still suck even with Griffin.

Secondly, they're a "young" team on the rise that's looking for that final piece. Portland moved from 7th to 1st and Toronto moved from 5th to 1st the year before. Now...well, we're looking like we're on the rise and ready for that final piece.
Don't be delusional. We were a "young team on the rise" ever since KG was traded. Glen Taylor was the chairman of the board of owners all those years. So, whatever "behind the curtain" connections we might have, we've had them all along all those years. I also think the lottery is rigged. I just don't see us being on the good side of it EVER.

Also, a knock on your "final piece" theory is as simple as: we already have it. Stashed in Spain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: