Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restricted free agents  (Read 1771 times)
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 22, 2008, 04:46:07 pm »

I know the draft will have a lot to do with this but which restricted free agents (if any) do you think the Wolves should resign?  The list of of restricted free agents includes Craig Smith, Chris Richard, Kirk Snyder, Sebastian Telfair, and Ryan Gomes.    

Its pretty much a given that Richard will be gone.  I think Gomes and Telfair have to stay.  Snyder has shown potential and I would like to see him stay but they will probably let him go.

I'm curious to see what the Wolves do with Smith.  He has had some good games but he is inconsistant and undersized.  Unless he resigns for cheap I think we should let him go.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:08:40 am »

S&T Smith. I bet there's a lot of teams willing to take him as a spark off the bench. He can score pretty well.

Gomes and Telfair only. I'd just match Telfair's offer, while signing Gomes to a 3-4 million per year deal.

I have nothing against Richard, and I love defensive minded, tough C's... but we can get better than him with the 31st and 34th picks. Like Dorsey...
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:54:33 am »

i mostly agree. seems a forgone conclusion smith is gone but if no one likes him i think we should keep him for a moderate price, as long as we get an athletic centre to pair with him, cover his defensive weaknesses.

The_French_guy
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:25:29 pm »

I don't know who Minnesota should re-sign, but I know one thing for sure: they should ditch Sebastian Telfair. This guy is an underachiever, who let down a great deal of fan, including me.
He didn't improve like he should have. his work ethic is doubtful, and his behavior off the court ain't perfect.
He failed in Portland, Boston, and now with the Wolves: he just deserves to wind up in CBA  Tongue

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 05:06:21 pm »

He failed in Minnesota? How? What did you expect of him? 20ppg and 10apg?

He averaged 10ppg and 6apg, led the team in assists and was the main playmaker most of the season.

He had NO off-court problems nor attitude lapses... not like guys like McCants or 'Toine Walker.

And he wants to be here for a change. He appreciated the chance he got.

Ditch him... sheesh.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:39:22 pm »

Doubtful work ethic?  He has been in the gym more than any other Wolves player so far this off season.

The_French_guy
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 01:51:30 pm »

Sorry guys... but Telfair was so hyped in high school and when he got drafted by Portland that I can't be indulgent with him.

Like everybody else, I expected better.

But if he became a 'gym rat' over the years, well I guess he still has a chance to live up to the expectations  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: