Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Ummm... In the works...  (Read 1708 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:28 am »

Rodney Carney, Calvin Booth, and a future 1st Round Pick for Cash and the 2.7 mill. trade exception the Wolves got in the Miami Heat trade last year involving Mark Blount and Ricky Davis.

I love Rodney Carney, so this is awesome for me. Not to mention Michael Doleac wasn't coming back so this will give us another 6 fouls to dissolve just incase the Wolves find themselves competitive. Calvin Booth and Rodney Carney can become free agents at the end of the season, so clearly this was just a quick salary dump for the Sixers so they can go after Elton Brand and Josh Smith.

RIP Madawg
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:57 am »

I like it even though we need a back up PG more than anything but the future 1st rounder is nice.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:58:56 am »

yeah i agree. if we get the 2009 1st from utah/knicks then i'll be even happier. if that pick ends up ours then we could have 4 picks in next years draft  :shock:

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:21:14 pm »

Good trade. While Booth is just a body to fill the roster, Rodney Carney can become part of our future. He's an athletic SG/SF, someone we lacked (lol, finally) after the deal with Memphis.

I;m not sure about the amount of big-men though. I mean, Jason Collins seems like a nice compliment to Jefferson/Love as the defensive thug, we also have Chris Richard and Craig Smith... but we also have Cardinal, Booth and Madsen on the roster. None of them has trade value, none of them is important to the team (unless you count Madsen's good locker room presence).

8 big-men? 4 man rotation at PF and C? No way, I think Calvin Booth will be waived immiediately after he was acquired. Who knows, maybe they'll also reach a buyout agreement with Brian Cardinal, who's useless.

Foye (Telfair)
Miller (McCants/Carney)
Gomes (Brewer/Carney)
Love (Smith/Madsen)
Jefferson (Collins/Richard)

Out: Booth, Cardinal

So we still need a backup PG, unless we resign Telfair. I have nothing against Drew Neitzel, but as long as he's the security backup 3rd string.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 06:09:30 pm »

i honestly would not be surprised if smith gets s&t. his size makes him a liability on defence and while he has shown he can score the whole lack of size thing is team wide.

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 06:26:32 pm »

The 76ers will also send the draft pick they acquired from Utah as part of the deal

this is a great pick to get as it's potentially a lottery pick in 2010 (from the knicks, top 22 protected in 2009, unprotected in 2010). i dunno how much credit mchale should get, but he just basically bought a first round pick and a nice young talented guy for about 5mil. not bad

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: