Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Blockbuster trades, helps fix the Knicks  (Read 2283 times)
206rj
Undrafted

« on: July 09, 2008, 04:39:46 pm »

Trade 1

Cleveland send:
Wally Szczerbiak (exp.)
09 1st round pick

Recieves:
Richard Hamilton

Denver send:
Carmelo Anthony
09 2nd round pick

Recieves:
Teyshaun Prince
Malik Rose (exp.)
09 1st round pick via Cleveland

Detroit send:
Richard Hamilton
Teyshaun Prince

Recieves:
Carmelo Anthony
Jamal Crawford

New York send:
Jamal Crawford
Malik Rose

Recieves:
Wally Szczerbiak
09 2nd round pick via Den

Cleveland gets a huge upgrade at the SG position which could very well put them over the top in the east, with an unselfish play like Rip. Detroit revamps its whole starting lineup by dealing away two key players in order to get Carmelo Anthony who with a fresh start might be able to turn it around, and Jamal Crawford who is very capable of putting up the same offensive numbers as Hamilton. Denver rids its self of Anthony the problem child while picking up a solid defender and shooter in Prince, who has a much better attitude and would most likely help the team with its chemistry, they also recieve a 1st round pick from Cleveland, and Malik Rose who should help them a little bit inside when needing to give Martin, Nene or Camby a rest, they also get a little bit of cap relief seein as Prince makes about $5 mil less then Anthony. The Knicks, well they get to cut salary for next year in hopes of being able to land a big name free agent, they also add a second round draft pick which could come into play during another possible trade.

Trade 2

Knicks send:
Randolph
Marbury
Lee
09 1st round pick

Recieves:
Redd
Wilcox
Marion

Bucks send:
Redd

Recieve:
Randolph
09 1st round pick

OKC send:
Wilcox
09 2nd round pick

Recieves:
Lee

Heat send:
Marion

Recieve:
Marbury
09 2nd round pick

The Knicks unload both problem players in this deal, while getting good value in return considering they get Redd, Wilcox and Marion in return. Yes Marion also has a huge contract, but he already knows D'antoni's system and could only help the Knicks, while Wilcox could either come in and start or come off the bench, but he could fit very nicely into the system. The Heat essentially are renting a PG for a year, this could go very well or could go very wrong, my guess is probably wrong, but Marbury gets a fresh start and takes over the PG role so Wade can slide back to the SG spot while Beasley is free now to move between the 3 and the 4 spots, the best thing about it is, if it does go wrong, Marbury is off the books at the end of the year just like Marion would be. The Bucks get the short end of the deal in a way, they get a 20 and 10 guy in Randolph who would solidfy their front line in Jefferson, Randolph and Bogut, but they lose Redd, who is a big part of their offense. Imho skilled big men are usually a better way to go then a talented wing, who will never get u over the top, they also recieve a 1st round pick from the Knicks. OKC upgrades in the long run by getting Lee, and he comes fairly cheap at the expense of Wilcox and a 2nd round pick. With Lee OKC has a bright future to build upon, Westbrook, Durant, Green and Lee.

With both of these trades, the Knicks end up with about $30 mil coming off the books for the 09 offseason.

So after all of this the new line ups look something like this.

Cavs
Gibson
Hamilton
James
Wallace
Ilgauskas

Knicks
Duhon
Redd
Marion
Wilcox
Curry

Pistons
Billups
Crawford/Stuckey
Anthony
McDyess
Wallace

OKC
Westbrook
Durant
Green
Lee
Petro

Nuggets
Iverson
JR Smith(if he's resigned)
Prince
Martin
Camby

Heat
Marbury
Wade
Beasley
Haslem
Morning?

Bucks
Williams
Bell
Jefferson
Randolph
Bogut
Turbo Sexophonic Delight
Starter

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:08:05 pm »

Detroit's probably not going to want to help out the Cavs much.

sig by lands
206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:19:13 pm »

Yea, I thought about that, but if I had a chance to get Melo and Crawford while giving up Hamilton and Prince, I'd do it in a heart beat. Melo is a HUGE upgrade over Prince, and Crawford is a small step down from Hamilton, but your right, letting the Cavs get Hamilton would end up meaning they would get beat in the post season anyway.
wallyboots
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »

^all very true but it doesnt happen anyhow.  If denver didnt accept Billips and Prince then why the F#ck would they take Prince and a pick that is not going to be a lotto pick?  Easy they wouldnt.

Ash
Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:23 pm »

The trades are confusing. You can organize it better. Anyways...... if denver rejected billup and prince for melo, I'm sure they'll reject malik rose and prince for melo

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 06:38:10 pm »

yeah your a knicks fan

206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:05:31 am »

Quote from: "shangrila"
yeah your a knicks fan

Far from it, I was a Sonics fan, the only interest I've ever had in the Knicks were watching them lose in the playoffs to teams like the Bulls or Rockets in the finals, but besides that I just see them as a franchise where star players sign huge deals and ruin their careers. Just playin but kinda not really.
Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »

Great Trade for every team. But yeah you are a Knicks fan.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 01:35:51 pm »

Quote from: "ballfreak"
Great Trade for every team. But yeah you are a Knicks fan.

I swear I'm not a Knicks fan haha. I just get super bored at work and make ridiculous trades up to just pass the time. I do feel bad for the Knicks though, very questionable decisions have been made by their front office which has turned a former first class NBA franchise into the laughing stock of the league. HMMMM but maybe becoming a Knicks fan doesn't sound too bad since my city had its team stolen... On the other hand I rather just support the Blazers who are just a 3 hour drive down the road.
NBAGURU
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:32:37 pm »

I like the 2nd trade it's more probable. but i think the heat would  want another draft pick from the knicks.

wilcox would fit perfect with D'antoni's system. I was hoping the suns would get him for K. thomas. anyways its a good proposed trade I doubt it will happen but would very interesting if it did.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33:02 pm »

Quote from: "206rj"
Quote from: "shangrila"
yeah your a knicks fan

Far from it, I was a Sonics fan, the only interest I've ever had in the Knicks were watching them lose in the playoffs to teams like the Bulls or Rockets in the finals, but besides that I just see them as a franchise where star players sign huge deals and ruin their careers. Just playin but kinda not really.

oh aite then my bad. i'm curious though will you be following the OKC barons?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: