Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAL-ORL-POR-SAC  (Read 1398 times)
206rj
Undrafted

« on: July 10, 2008, 01:30:04 pm »

Orlando trades:
Rashard Lewis

Recieves:
Odom
Frye
Sergio Rodriguez

Portland trades:
Outlaw
Rodriguez
Frye
LaFrentz

Recieves:
Rashard Lewis

LA trades:
Odom
09 1st round pick

Recieves:
Artest

Sacramento trades:
Artest
Kenny Thomas

Recieves:
Outlaw
LaFrentz
09 1st round pic

Magic
Nelson
Lee
Turkoglu
Odom/Frye
Howard

Blazers
Bayless/Blake/Fernandez
Roy
Lewis
Aldridge
Oden

Lakers
Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Kings
Udrih
Martin
Outlaw
Thompson/Williams
Miller

Orlando ends its Rashard Lewis experiment and gets fair value in return. By getting Odom, they get a guy who can set up Howard and Turkoglu while still averaging a double double, and also get Frye who would be a great compliment to Howard because he can face up and shoot a 15 foot jumper which would bring the opponents PF away from the basket allowing Howard to work solely on the block. while these three players all have expiring deals which would give the Magic the cap flexibility to offer Turkoglu a long term extension at the end of the year. Portland makes a huge upgrade at the SF position by adding Lewis, who also brings experience and veteran leadership to a very young team, they take on Thomas' terrible contract but this deal puts them a little closer to contending in the west now, although they trade away Outlaw who has shown a lot of promise, but none the less Lewis solidfies the SF position in Portland. Not to mention Lewis knows Nate's system and has thrived while playing under him in the past in Seattle. The Lakers get their man in Artest, who will bring toughness to a team that struggled against a far more physical team in Boston. They part with Odom and a 1st round pick, but they get the guy who they feel can put them over the top and win a ring. The Kings unload an unhappy Artest, and get rid of Kenny Thomas' contract while still building for the future. They get Outlaw who has shown promise and could compliment Martin, Thompson, Hawes, and Williams nicely a year or two down the road, while they pick up the expiring contract of LaFrentz and a 1st round pick via the Lakers although it will likely be at the end of the draft.

More unlikely trades to come while I'm bored at work.
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 01:33:12 pm »

Portland says no.We prefer to get a better player cheaper next year usin our available cap space which would be ruined by bringing in Lewis

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 01:38:16 pm »

Quote from: "Drexler-Roy"
Portland says no.We prefer to get a better player cheaper next year usin our available cap space which would be ruined by bringing in Lewis

I thought about that right after I posted this, but you have to admit, this very well could put Portland over the top in a year or two. Although this would make it very hard to resign Roy, Aldridge and Oden, but hey Paul Allen has very deep pockets, he can afford the luxury tax.
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:01:33 pm »

Rashard's contract is way over.Before the Magic signed him though I was of the hope that a S&T involving Randolph for him.He is a good player but with Portlands youth being what it is waiting one season to get a similar talented player(Luol Deng if he only signs the QO good possibility) is the wiser choice

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
206rj
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:20:57 pm »

Very true, I never really looked at aquiring Deng through free agency being a possibilty. If that were the case, he would fit the bill perfectly for the Blazers. A line up of Bayless, Roy, Deng, Aldridge and Oden would be scary for every team in the Western Conference. With the Sonics being gone, I hope the Blazers do take the team to the next level and become an elite team in the west.

But for my trades, I just make them up while I'm bored at work. I don't put much thought into them actually happening.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:56 pm »

it's a nice effort, though like drexler said it'd probably be better for portland not to do it

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: