Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: marbury?  (Read 6904 times)
lifejuice
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 21, 2008, 05:53:27 pm »

while this is a huge gamble, it could pay off for the warriors in the end. if the warriors decide to blow the team up and rebuild with their strong youth foundation, then this might be the best move for them.

trade harrington and jackson +cash for marbury

new line up would be:
pg - marbury/watson
sg - ellis/ belinelli
sf - magette/randolph
pf - wright/randolph
c - biedrins/turiaf

marbury would be a good replacement for baron as he is a big point guard that can guard the bigger SGs that ellis is put up against. he would fit into the nellieball style very well

then we can see how the young players perform together on the big stage. if marbury causes drama or becomes the cancer that he was in NY, then his contract expires and the warriors have plenty of money to spend on a FA the next summer

another thought is that this trade might be best just before the deadline. if harrington continues to underperform (jackson too), the deal might be more attractive to the warriors at that time
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:51:51 am »

he's just another shootfirst guard like monta. they might as well play monta at PG and save themselves giving up jackson

sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:29:45 am »

You get rid of Jackson you bury the warriors.  He is our leader.  Also, Brandan Wright is not even close to starting.  After weatching him in summer league, Randolph will be starting before him.

Sad to say really, but he is still very raw.  The only thing keeping him in games is his length.  He gets out muscled, out hustled. His shot is shaky, and his defense is alright.  Has a ways to go.
lifejuice
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:51:28 pm »

Quote from: "sjboy"
You get rid of Jackson you bury the warriors.  He is our leader.  Also, Brandan Wright is not even close to starting.  After weatching him in summer league, Randolph will be starting before him.

Sad to say really, but he is still very raw.  The only thing keeping him in games is his length.  He gets out muscled, out hustled. His shot is shaky, and his defense is alright.  Has a ways to go.

thats why i was thinking of maybe doing this deal closer to the deadline, so that wright has some more time to develop. although with williams coming in, i dont see any place for marbury now
sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »

Quote from: "lifejuice"
Quote from: "sjboy"

thats why i was thinking of maybe doing this deal closer to the deadline, so that wright has some more time to develop. although with williams coming in, i dont see any place for marbury now

Werd that squashes that lol.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:23 pm »

are they really that desperate to take starbury

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
lifejuice
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:53 pm »

speaking of cancers, maybe the warriors can sign ricky davis to the minimum and have him back up jack
bayball
Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 05:52:34 pm »

Marbury and Davis are both selfish veterans who arent even good. I'd rather our young guys develop.....awful idea, almost as bad as getting rid of Jack who is now our heart and soul and arguably our best player

naptown
Star

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18:40 pm »

while this is a huge gamble, it could pay off for the warriors in the end. if the warriors decide to blow the team up and rebuild with their strong youth foundation, then this might be the best move for them.

trade harrington and jackson +cash for marbury

new line up would be:
pg - marbury/watson
sg - ellis/ belinelli
sf - magette/randolph
pf - wright/randolph
c - biedrins/turiaf

marbury would be a good replacement for baron as he is a big point guard that can guard the bigger SGs that ellis is put up against. he would fit into the nellieball style very well

then we can see how the young players perform together on the big stage. if marbury causes drama or becomes the cancer that he was in NY, then his contract expires and the warriors have plenty of money to spend on a FA the next summer

another thought is that this trade might be best just before the deadline. if harrington continues to underperform (jackson too), the deal might be more attractive to the warriors at that time
i would never trade 2 player for marbury let alone cash
tong
MVP

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 06:09:31 pm »

LOL get a life. this is beyond terrible.

MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »

If you guys are seriously looking to dump both Jackson and Harrington(which I doubt) for just Starbury, then trade 'em to Cleveland because we would take 'em. If you need some glorified expirings we got your back.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 04:27:10 am »

Quote from: "atong518"
LOL get a life. this is beyond terrible.

Acrually, its beyond horrible. Marbury is still good, has some hops left, but he isnt worth that gents.

LET'S GO HEAT.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 09:51:32 am »

if he gets bought out i'd make a run for him, GS has nothing to lose, but i'd never trade a rotation player for him, even with his expiring

lifejuice
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 12:36:03 pm »

i guess im the only one who still likes marbury
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 05:24:39 am »

i guess im the only one who still likes marbury

wrong, im with you, started to like starbury when i bought nba ballas haha.

he can help any team except ny decently.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: