Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors 08-09 Plan so far?  (Read 3103 times)
Acrimony
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:42 pm »

1. Monta Elllis/Marcus Williams/CJ Watson
2. Stephen Jackson/Marco Bellineli/Anthony Morrow
3. Corey Maggette/Maurice Evans/Anthony Randolph
4. Al Harrington/Brandan Wright/Richard Hendrix/Louis Asmundson
5. Andris Biedrins/Ronny Turiaf   

15 Guys - I filled in some holes with some of the realistic players they are looking at in the summer league. Those are in Bold

This assumes
-No contract weirdness from Ellis/Biedrins
-No Trades
-Monta Starts at Point and Stays there.
-Evens goes on at the 3
-They sign Hendrix, Asmundson and Morrow (the most impressive)
-They don't sign Jamont Gordon or any others (many have been impressive)
-No true back-up center (bye bye Perovic)

-Of our 'new guys' that 'should have breakout years soon' (MB, CJ, and BW)...who's going to fail, and who's going to succeed? Not too mention guys on the cusp of it like Monta, Biedrins, Williams?

-How do you think the minutes will break down for each of these players? the vets? Williams? Anthony Randolph? Turiaf? Our U-PF's?

-Will Mo Evans be coming on for both jack and Maggette? or just one of them? Are we still planning on signing a another guard or swingman?

-What about Bench Center? Kosta Perovic? Who's guarding Shaq next year? No bench Center? Maybe a good thing.

-Even though we have 15 guys, who's going to be on the inactive list?
 (besides Maggette...OH JOKING)

-Are AH,BW,RH, and LA all going to play PF? I actually like all of them there. A combo, A true, A undersized banger, and a really undersized banger. Will Turiaf see minutes next to Biedrins?

-What is a realistic trade for Al H. if it must happen? BW needs minutes but I still don't think he's ready to start full time. I think that's why mullin is holding onto him.

bayball
Starter

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:13 pm »

Quote from: "Acrimony"
2. Stephen Jackson/Marco Bellineli/Anthony Morrow
4. Al Harrington/Brandan Wright/Richard Hendrix/Louis Asmundson
5. Andris Biedrins/Ronny Turiaf   

This seems about right

-Of our 'new guys' that 'should have breakout years soon' (MB, CJ, and BW)...who's going to fail, and who's going to succeed? Not too mention guys on the cusp of it like Monta, Biedrins, Williams?

Well, it wont be CJ, the addition of Marcus Williams likely signals that he will only get garbage minutes (unless Williams really struggles)

-How do you think the minutes will break down for each of these players? the vets? Williams? Anthony Randolph? Turiaf? Our U-PF's?

Monta, Maggette and Stevie Jack will all average around 35 minutes. Biedrins will play 25-30, with Turiaf covering 15-20. Harrington will get 20-30 depending on his shooting stroke. That gives Wright 10 or so and Hendrix probably garbage minutes.  Belinelli should get 5 minutes per game as well and Evans and Randolph around 10 each.

-Will Mo Evans be coming on for both jack and Maggette? or just one of them? Are we still planning on signing a another guard or swingman?

He should come on for both positions. And no, we are done with moves barring a trade. We dont have much salary cap room left.

-What about Bench Center? Kosta Perovic? Who's guarding Shaq next year? No bench Center? Maybe a good thing.

Shaq's not good enough to warrant attention. Amare scores more than 10 more ppg than he does. As for other big guys, we will be on trouble, but thats the norm on the defensive end isnt it?

EDIT: Mullin said Kosta Perovic will be on the team this year

-Are AH,BW,RH, and LA all going to play PF? I actually like all of them there. A combo, A true, A undersized banger, and a really undersized banger. Will Turiaf see minutes next to Biedrins?

Biedrins gets in foul trouble enough that Turiaf should play solely at center. Biedrins doesnt play huge minutes usually anyway. Randolph should see some time at SF, while Amundsen will not play at all. Dono where Hendrix fits it unless he plays great.

-What is a realistic trade for Al H. if it must happen? BW needs minutes but I still don't think he's ready to start full time. I think that's why mullin is holding onto him.

Agreed, Harington fits the system well. Until either Randolph, BW or Hendrix emerges Harrington will stay. We arent gonna start Tu'riaf.[/quote]

MR23Miyagi
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:36:52 pm »

Detroit should be heavily considered as a trade partner. Though i do not agree on a Billups for Bedrinis. There is no reason the GSW cant find out what they can get for Harrington and Jackson.
Acrimony
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:48:30 pm »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/23/SPN911TS4D.DTL&feed=rss.sports

Mullin says that signing a wing closes out the roster. I'm gonna assume the wing is Maurice Evans.

2. Stephen Jackson/Marco Bellineli/ ?
4. Al Harrington/Brandan Wright/ ?
5. Andris Biedrins/Ronny Turiaf/Perovic?

Hmm, well with Maurice that's 12 guys for sure. 13 if you count Perovic. I still have yet to understand why we have this guy on our team. Unless he's a sprinter in disguise? I hope he stays in Europe. His game is effective there.

Our inactive list.

Who's gonna be there?

Hendrix?
Asmundson?
Morrow?
Gordon?

I'll assume they'll make either Hendrix or Asmundson and offer for the 3rd
string PF. Most likely Hendrix. He was drafted for his specific skills and he's shown some good work after the injury. Is he in shape enough though? Asmundson is poorly undersized, but he has great energy. Versatile enough? Maybe both pending an Al Harrington trade?

Morrow has impressed me. To be honest I would have gambled on him at the wing then commit to Maurice Evans for 3 years. I guess experience is good here and Mo's a good player, but with the signing of Evans, Gordon may have a chance as a short back-up 2 w/ bulk as well.

We do have this spot open, although many on our team can play SG. What are we looking at for #15? Maybe Asmundson and Hendrix together?

I think the best idea is the dump perovic. Move in Morrow to the 3rd string 2 and sign both Hendrix and Asmundson. I see Morrow as a better defender and more consistent then Bellineli. I just don't know where Gordon fit's in here. The other guys have been forgettable.

What do you you think?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: