Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spurs re-sign Kurt Thomas  (Read 2005 times)
The Big Three
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 23, 2008, 11:09:24 pm »

The San Antonio Spurs re-signed Kurt Thomas on Tuesday, getting the veteran forward under contract after trading for him in February.

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed but Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said Thomas will be with the team at least two seasons.

"He was a big part of a team that went to the Western Conference finals (last season), and if we're going to pursue the championship Kurt will continue to be a big part of that," Buford said. "I don't know how long his career will go, but at least we know the next couple of years are going to be with us."

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4908&z=1

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:32:36 am »

good signing. cant see how he could retain his starting job though, at 37 years old

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
The Big Three
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:41:20 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
good signing. cant see how he could retain his starting job though, at 37 years old

Why not?  He was able to start at 36 last year, why not at 37 this year?  The only other starting center from last season is Oberto, and he's about just as old and isn't as good as Thomas.  The Spurs added Ian Mahinmi this season, but he's still a little raw, so unless Ian steals the spot somehow Kurt will will be the starter.

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 06:02:23 am »

Damn thought of him in miami, good signing as usual, age doesnt matter lol

LET'S GO HEAT.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:06:57 am »

decent signing, all they need him to do is hold down the fort until splitter comes over

The Big Three
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:50:06 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
decent signing, all they need him to do is hold down the fort until splitter comes over

Eh... I'm not that confident that the Spurs will get Splitter for quite a while.  I think there's a very good shot he ends up staying overseas for the rest of his career, he could probably make big bucks and be one of the premier players in that league.  I'm pretty sure he signed a two-year deal, so there's a chance he comes over in a couple of years, but I'm not really getting my hopes up.  He would be a nice player to pair with Ian though, we'd have two solid bigs to build with for the future.  Most overseas studs like to try out the NBA, so maybe Splitter will at least give the Spurs a shot (assuming we don't trade away his rights).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: