Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Point Guard  (Read 2054 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« on: August 04, 2008, 03:18:46 am »

Do we need a real one? Foye is great and he's been doing a good job but he's more a scorer then a distributor. He did average 6apg but I'm wondering if we need a guy who could potentially average 10apg

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:22:57 am »

If we want to keep Foye, we should go for a bigger PG so Foye can guard PGs but play SG on offence and vice versa. In the draft I'd probably say Rubio (if we were lucky) or maybe Tyreke Evans. By trade or signing the only player I can think of is Shaun Livingston and I still don't want to touch him after that injury

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:41:48 pm »

I don't think need is the exact word for it. I think want and possibly play better overall with one is the better way to look at it depending on who it is and who the Wolves are playing on that given night.

RIP Madawg
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47:36 am »

This season is a time to evaluate what you have.You won't really be competing for a playoff spot this season.Evaluate your young players and then decide what you need at the end of the season.There is potential on your team.Do not make panic moves

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:42:47 pm »

I know but that's what they said about last season. Honestly I don't care if we suck again this year. Defensively I think we could be one of the worst teams if the Jefferson-Love combo doesn't work, especially since Miller isn't much of a defender. What I'm praying for is DeRozan is everything he's hyped to be and Minnesota has the chance to draft him. IMO it would make up for the Mayo trade (even though we got some good parts it wasn't worth the future) because we could still use that secondary pure scorer (Love won't be and Foye might but I'd rather he focused on playing the point)

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 02:34:45 pm »

Quote from: "Drexler-Roy"
This season is a time to evaluate what you have.You won't really be competing for a playoff spot this season.Evaluate your young players and then decide what you need at the end of the season.There is potential on your team.Do not make panic moves

I think it's also a really good time to see what we can find for value out of someone that hasn't been given an opportunity or from someone who hasn't been completely healthy. Shaun Livingston, I am your father, come to Minnesota.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: