Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryan Gomes Resigned  (Read 4366 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« on: July 25, 2008, 08:49:27 pm »

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53745/20080725/wolves_reach_an_agreement_with_gomes/
The Minnesota Timberwolves reached terms on a new contract with restricted free agent Ryan Gomes.

Gomes' agent, Bob Myers, told ESPN.com that the sides have agreed in principal on a "multi-year deal" that is expected to be formally signed next week.

KerryKittles30
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:29:44 pm »

Perfect now all we need is to get Pops Mensah-Bonsu signed and I think we have had a pretty respectable off season so far!
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:47:30 am »

Quote from: "KerryKittles30"
Perfect now all we need is to get Pops Mensah-Bonsu signed and I think we have had a pretty respectable off season so far!

Pops signed with a european team, to my knowledge.

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:09:03 pm »

Quote from: "Dice Dice Baby!!"
Quote from: "KerryKittles30"

Pops signed with a european team, to my knowledge.

Minny gave up on him when it became clear Gomes doesn't have many good offers out there that we wouldn't match.

Plyus, we're stacked as hell in the frontcourt and buyouts would be raining. We still need to buy Calvin Booth out if we're going to sign Chris Richard.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:12:47 am »

Details; five year deal with a player option on the fifth year.

3.5mill / 3.85mill / 4.2mill / 4.55mill / 4.9mill (option)

Another bargain deal, if you ask me. Finally, after all those years of overpaying mediocre players just to come here McHale finds some brains and waits guys out to offer them deals good for both sides.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:20 pm »

I'll definitely take Gomes for 4 mil a year

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 04:11:48 am »

New details are in, Wolves hold player options on his third and fourth year, lol.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 06:38:50 am »

That's a great deal for us

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:55:29 pm »

Can you say thievery? Team options for 3rd and 4th year just incase he gets in the way of someone's emergence? Yes!

RIP Madawg
MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 12:02:24 pm »

Yeah good signing for the T-Wolves. I was really hoping the Cavs would get aggressive and steal Gomes from you guys but oh well. I like the T-Wolves so it's fine. Al, Miller, Gomes, Carney, Love, and Foye is a nice little group of players. I am hoping for a Philly-type season, but that is probably wishful thinking.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 06:47:06 pm »

Just alittle wishful. I honestly want a shot at DeRozan though if he's as good as hyped. We're not competing as is right now and it'd be good to get another go to scorer to pair with Al, though that might be Foye. No one can do it on their own. Kobe, Garnett, Lebron have all tried but you just can't. Anyway, thinking about DeRozan gives me that same fuzzy feeling I got when thinking about Mayo before the draft which is good enough to draft him imo

MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 03:29:31 pm »

Yeah but it is no fun watching a loser. As as Cavs fan and  Cleveland fan in general, I think I can say with experience watching a loser is no fun haha. I agree that another legit scoring option from the wing would do wonders for your team and it may be worth compromising one season to get that guy. The T-Wolves are honestly a team I would love to see get a ring. Obviously, I would rather Cleveland get one but that's neither here nor there.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 03:37:19 pm »

I want them to get a ring too, but it's not going to happen this year or next. IMO it should be a 5 year plan, with last year counting as the first. In 2 years we should be making the playoffs and in 4 we should be contending for a championship.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 02:38:50 pm »

Quote from: "shangrila"
I want them to get a ring too, but it's not going to happen this year or next. IMO it should be a 5 year plan, with last year counting as the first. In 2 years we should be making the playoffs and in 4 we should be contending for a championship.

Do not say to Kevin McDumbastard he has 5 years. I would give him 2 years to show significant improvement before they give a young assistant GM an opportunity to show what they can do.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: