Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: thought on oneal trade  (Read 6542 times)
naptown
Star

Respect: 0

« on: July 27, 2008, 09:57:11 am »

I think we got better but i think the raps got even better. two dominant down low players could make them tough. we got faster but without a inside presense how good do u actually think we'll be.
BATMON
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:18:26 am »

Quote from: "naptown"
I think we got better but i think the raps got even better. two dominant down low players could make them tough. we got faster but without a inside presense how good do u actually think we'll be.

I think Maceo Baston could be an above average PF. Durung his last Pacers tour he showed flashes of the player he was in Europe.

O'Brian's system doesnt need a 20/10 PF. That would be nice. But right now im willing to see if TJ Ford can provide easier touches for the frontcourt this year.

Ford - PG
Granger - SG
Dunleavy - SF
Baston or Murphy - PF
Foster - C

Bench...

Tinsley?/Jack/Diener
Rush - Swingman - 6th man? Depending on the matchups and how well Granger and Dunleavy are doing
Daniels & Graham - SGs
McRoberts - PF/C
Hibbert - C - But I dont expect much(right now) despite his size.
Nesterovic - C
Williams - SF?

If u wanna run -

Ford/Jack/Rush in the back - Granger/Dunleavy(both decent rebounders) and any big man that can keep up......Baston can run & jump.

I have faith in this team.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 12:21:36 pm »

well, sometimes you have to get worse before you get better, this is one of those instances

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:56 pm »

Quote from: "BATMON"
Quote from: "naptown"

I think Maceo Baston could be an above average PF. Durung his last Pacers tour he showed flashes of the player he was in Europe.

O'Brian's system doesnt need a 20/10 PF. That would be nice. But right now im willing to see if TJ Ford can provide easier touches for the frontcourt this year.

Ford - PG
Granger - SG
Dunleavy - SF
Baston or Murphy - PF
Foster - C

Bench...

Tinsley?/Jack/Diener
Rush - Swingman - 6th man? Depending on the matchups and how well Granger and Dunleavy are doing
Daniels & Graham - SGs
McRoberts - PF/C
Hibbert - C - But I dont expect much(right now) despite his size.
Nesterovic - C
Williams - SF?

If u wanna run -

Ford/Jack/Rush in the back - Granger/Dunleavy(both decent rebounders) and any big man that can keep up......Baston can run & jump.

I have faith in this team.

i think he could contribute his first season

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 09:38:14 pm »

i think it was a win-win for us.

he never plays and when he does we arent a better team.

so now we get:
- good PG and C
- 18th pick
- cut JOs 44M deal
- save cap space next offseason.
jtan08
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:03:04 am »

If they want to run:
PG - Ford
SG - Rush
SF - Dunleavy
PF - Granger
C - Murphy

Note: Dunleavy and Granger are above ave rebounder. He have a perimeter defender of Rush

If they want to reduce tempo or against team with legit big man:
PG - Ford
SG - Dunleavy
SF - Granger
PF - Murphy
C - Foster

We still need a decent PF
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:17 am »

murphy goes alrite but yeah i agree they could definitely use an upgrade

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:46:23 am »

his contract is just as bad as tinsley's, the only thing is he's healthier

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 02:09:48 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
his contract is just as bad as tinsley's, the only thing is he's healthier

i think its more hes a Jim Obrien player... big man who can spread the floor.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 03:04:16 am »

yeah but if hibbert goes alrite in his first season then a guy like murphy could help his game

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 06:16:02 am »

Murphy is terrible. Dunleavy at least he proved he's a plyer after all those years of underachieving. While Murphy earns a ton, doesn't have injury problems and still somehow managed to suck. Granger should be the SF...

Hibbert may contribute pretty fast, he has a good defensive/rebounding tutors in Jeff Foster and Rasho.

Ford/Dunleavy/Granger/Murphy/Nesterovic

Murph playing as C in a fast paced system is a disaster. Think why Don Nelson wanted him out of his team badly? Lol. Should've never given up Al Harrington for him, a Dunleavy-for-Jackson would suffice.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 06:53:23 am »

Quote from: "czaras"
Murphy is terrible. Dunleavy at least he proved he's a plyer after all those years of underachieving. While Murphy earns a ton, doesn't have injury problems and still somehow managed to suck. Granger should be the SF...

Hibbert may contribute pretty fast, he has a good defensive/rebounding tutors in Jeff Foster and Rasho.

Ford/Dunleavy/Granger/Murphy/Nesterovic

Murph playing as C in a fast paced system is a disaster. Think why Don Nelson wanted him out of his team badly? Lol. Should've never given up Al Harrington for him, a Dunleavy-for-Jackson would suffice.

umm the way we play is completely different too GS style.

theres is fast paced 1 on 1 basketball.. ours is passing it fast down the court and spreading the court for motion.

murphy cant play 1 on 1, but in our offence he is a 3 point traylor big man... he had a good season, just needs to work on consistantcy.
BATMON
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:29 am »

I dont like Dunleavy at the 2 guard. He did well last year at the 3 and played alot of Point Forward. He's too slow to defend at the 2.
Granger was moved to the 2 late last season but has played 2/3/4 since he's been here.

When O'Neal was health Murphy did fine as a wandering 5. Outside jumper and cleanup rebounder. W/out a dominant 4, Murphy was asked to be that dude and he was exposed.

A better PG will help, as i said earlier.

W/ Cap room who is going to be on their radar for next year?
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:03 am »

Which is why I still think Bird should try to move Dunleavy now.  He had a great season last year, but his value is never going to be higher than it is now and he isn't the long-term solution.  And a few years down the road, u don't want to be paying a starters salary to a bench player.  Plus people say Rush isn't going to be a very good defender right way, which is true.  But why not let him learn the hard way from the get-go?  They could move Dunleavy for a power forward + and expiring contract (Carl Landry? David Lee?), or cap space and future draft picks.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34:05 am »

Anyways, I think the lineup for next season as it stands now should be

PG-Ford
SG-Dunleavy
SF-Granger
PF-Foster
C-Hibbert

Might as well keep Foster in the lineup for his defense and rebounding and get Hibbert playing from the start.  That way, he'll develop his game faster and with no other true post presence there, he'll be forced to develop a post game quicker.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: