Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kirk Hinrich contract extension  (Read 1450 times)
bf88
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: October 20, 2006, 08:54:45 pm »

The Bulls have until October 31st to get something done with Hinrich. I'm not sure if it's going to happen.  I would think it would have been done by now.  If he doesn't get the extension he will become a restricted free agent. So the Bulls can still match any offer. But do you guys think it's risky to even let him go on the market? Especially with the good year people are expecting the Bulls to have.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:56:56 pm »

Quote from: "bf88"
The Bulls have until October 31st to get something done with Hinrich. I'm not sure if it's going to happen.  I would think it would have been done by now.  If he doesn't get the extension he will become a restricted free agent. So the Bulls can still match any offer. But do you guys think it's risky to even let him go on the market? Especially with the good year people are expecting the Bulls to have.

they should definetely extend the contract on this guy. He is a damn good young PG. IMO, he could be an All-Star someday soon. Thats just how I view him, from how I have seen him play, I really like him. It would be in there best interest to get this guy back.

Soon....
todaloop
Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:17:38 am »

If Kirk becomes a restricted free agent, the Bulls will have the right to match any offer.

The speculation is that next year's free agent market might be weaker due to  less available cap space for free agent contracts.  Take a look at the talent that came out in '03 and the big bucks that teams will be paying for extensions.

This year Kirk could have gotten 4 years at $40 million and next year it may be 5 years at $40 million.

This bus goes beep, beep
bf88
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:22:26 pm »

In the Chicago papers last week they were saying that Hinrich could get up to 8 million.  They gave Chandler 6 years and 60 million based on one decent rebounding year.  Shouldn't Kirk Hinrich want the same kind of deal? Is this why a deal hasn't been done yet?
Big C
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 12:08:25 pm »

The Bulls would be dumb not resign this kid. He is their future.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: