Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spurs needs to win  (Read 2965 times)
terminal916
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: August 08, 2008, 01:00:10 pm »

need a big man that can score and defend for the future with Parker
a swingman that can score and defend with Parker
Spurs as always are on a win-win situation

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 12:30:54 am »

DUH lol

theyre fine, keep the core for 2 more years, i bet youll still continue to be on tops.

LET'S GO HEAT.
naptown
Star

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:27:43 am »

windows closing
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:54:48 am »

Quote from: "naptown"
windows closing

yes somewhat it feels like its so. but if it does, would it really be that scary? 4 titles have been won already

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
terminal916
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:46:18 am »

I personally think that the Spurs need a complement with Duncan and they need a third wing scorer that take some pressure of Parker and Ginobili maybe the Spurs can go ahead and sign Finley back as the replacement of Barry
Rotation
G Parker
G Mason
F Bowen
F Duncan
C Orberto
Bench
G Ginobili
G-F Finley
G Pargo
F-C THomas
C-F Ian Mahinmi

terminal916
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

Quote from: "terminal916"
I personally think that the Spurs need a complement with Duncan and they need a third wing scorer that take some pressure of Parker and Ginobili maybe the Spurs can go ahead and sign Finley back as the replacement of Barry
Rotation
G Parker
G Mason
F Bowen
F Duncan
C Orberto
Bench
G Ginobili
G-F Finley
G Pargo
F-C THomas
C-F Ian Mahinmi

oh yes with third alternative
G Hill
G Vaughn
G-F Hairston
F-C Gist
G-F Udoka

terminal916
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 11:53:51 am »

Wait why not trade Bowen, Udoka, and 2nd rounder for Chris WIlcox?
OKC just waived Bowen right away, while they get a vet SG as great complement for Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook and you guys get Wilcox an expiring contract and get rid of Bowens contract and yet you get him back for a much cheaper price then there the Spurs again still a massive contender for the Championship

naptown
Star

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:31:04 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
windows closing

yes somewhat it feels like its so. but if it does, would it really be that scary? 4 titles have been won already
I mean they had a great run what other franchise can say that. But with N.O the jazz LA. I just don't see the excelling to far in the playoffs anymore unless they add more depth
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
windows closing

I mean they had a great run what other franchise can say that. But with N.O the jazz LA. I just don't see the excelling to far in the playoffs anymore unless they add more depth

Yeah, roger that. Theyre good for 3 more years, and my bets is theyllre become like the heat of last 2007 season.

Its just that theyre not that appealing anymore..

LET'S GO HEAT.
The Big Three
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 04:04:36 pm »

Quote from: "terminal916"
Wait why not trade Bowen, Udoka, and 2nd rounder for Chris WIlcox?
OKC just waived Bowen right away, while they get a vet SG as great complement for Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook and you guys get Wilcox an expiring contract and get rid of Bowens contract and yet you get him back for a much cheaper price then there the Spurs again still a massive contender for the Championship

... Because we'd be completely screwed at small forward, and wouldn't have a star perimeter defender to contain guys like Kobe?

That trade would never happen, I wouldn't even trade Bowen for Wilcox straight up if salary allowed for it to happen.  His perimeter defense is a very important part of our success, and San Antonio won't just dump him for some more help scoring in the paint.  Adding our 2nd best small forward to the deal makes it even worse.  That would never happen.

As for the rest of your post... What do you mean by "OKC just waived Bowen"?  No they didn't, Bowen's not even on their team.  And if you're suggesting that they'd just waive him, then that's ludicrous.  If by some miracle they obtained one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, you can bet they'd hold on to him and put him next to Durant on the wings.  Durant isn't a very good defender, so Bowen would help him out tremendously.  No way they would waive Bowen if they acquired him via trade.  And who are you referring to as the veteran shooting guard that they are getting?  If you actually meant that Bowen would be waived, then you must be talking about Udoka, who is a small forward.  

I have no idea what you're trying to say in that second part of the paragraph, since you started the first part off so confusingly.  I think what you might be intending is that OKC would waive Bowen, much like they waived Barry in the trade that brought Kurt Thomas to San Antonio, and then Bowen would sign back with the Spurs.  If that is what you're trying to say, then there is absolutely no way that would happen.  OKC would keep Bowen, they wouldn't waive him.

OKC gets a lot of help from this deal, whereas San Antonio gets raped.  Sure, Wilcox is young, and I guess an expiring contract is a good thing (not to me; I want players that are going to help out long-term, and could care less whether or not they're expiring in a year or two), but it's not worth giving away our two best perimeter defenders.  The starting small forward would probably be Finley or Ginobili playing out of position; it'd just be a mess.  Your idea is not very good at all, and doesn't help the Spurs whatsoever.  If it was Jeff Green coming over in the deal, I'd consider it, but this is just absurd.  I'll keep Bowen and Udoka and hope Duncan, Oberto, Thomas, and Mahinmi is enough, rather than get a tiny bit of improvement in the post, and a huge hole at small forward anyday.

naptown
Star

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 12:56:21 pm »

they need another athletic wing player if bowen had more offense they'd be tough but he's getting older and that old dog needs to learn some new tricks if he want to continue to hold down the 3 spot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: