Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: HH Twist Draft: Discussion Thread  (Read 52680 times)
BteamBomber
MVP

« on: August 09, 2008, 09:05:19 am »

I noticed the sites gone cold again in offseason.. so i have an idea.

Whos interested in a Hoopshype fantasy draft.. with a twist.

1. Build A Team To Win 2008/09 Title.
2. We get 16 teams(posters)
3. All posters must have over 1000 posts.
4. Create Rosters of 14

5. After The Draft.. Every Team Will Be Allowed Max 2 Trades.. It Will Be Called Trading Week.. So 7 Days.
Trades must be 1for1 2for2 3for3.
No 3way trades.. to avoid trying to merge 2 trades into 1.

---------------------------------------------------------

Heres the twist.

Every round of drafting.. the 16 players are selected from each years draft class and we work are way from 1994 to 2008. (inverse snake draft)

------------------------------------------------------------

- We will make it 10 hours between picks.. because we have all offseason.

- Then after drafting is finished.. we have a tournament of voting.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Number = Poster(GM):
1 =  atong518
2 =  lil_flip_remix
3 = LKdude
4 = DeronWilliams
5 = Dynasty
6 = shangrila
7 = BteamBomber
8 = Beastley
9 = cselby
10 = mohammad_baller_tmac
11 = ballfreak
12 = t-mac357
13 = greenwing
14 = Prime Time
15 = mike34 & DJ
16 = Bball Unit

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:11:53 am »

I like D-Will and I like atongs lineup.

I'm a little dissapointed in myself actually lol, I mean I've got Timmy D, thats huge, but I am kind of regretting the choice of Marbury. I like having Posey for defence, and D-Mase was kind of an impulse decision, since the '00 draft class gets weak after like the first 2 picks.

Soon....
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 09:21:53 am »

Quote from: "cselby"

I'm a little dissapointed in myself actually lol, I mean I've got Timmy D, thats huge, but I am kind of regretting the choice of Marbury. I like having Posey for defence, and D-Mase was kind of an impulse decision, since the '00 draft class gets weak after like the first 2 picks.
You know Selb, it would be crazy to see Ricky Davis, Stephon Marbury and Jerry Stackhouse all teamed up with Tim Duncan.  The world might explode.  You could honestly never keep Davis and Marbury on the floor together.  Duncan would never see the ball ever.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:36 am »

Right now, my pick would be D-Will's team. Tong would have a damn nice lineup if he could get some backcourt help, which I'm sure he is planning for his future picks, but D-Will's front line looks to be unstoppable, and you win championships on the inside.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:13:39 am »

tmac has the best roster so far.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 10:21:49 am »

Well I already have Carter and Odom, and I'm about to get Yao (oops, did I say that?).  And then I'll likely either get David West/Rudy Gay or LaMarcus Aldridge/Josh Howard.  All I need now is to find a decent point guard.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:15 am »

yeah kenyon martin would of been a better choice.

my teams not great, but im not dissappointed, because there hasnt been many options at my picks lol.... hopefully luck will change.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:47 am »

yeah kenyon martin would of been a better choice.

my teams not great, but im not dissappointed, because there hasnt been many options at my picks lol.... hopefully luck will change.
DeronWilliams
MVP

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 11:34:41 am »

I like atongs, bteams, and tmacs, and units a little bit. All seem pretty good defensively.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 12:29:34 pm »

Quote from: "BteamBomber"

You know Selb, it would be crazy to see Ricky Davis, Stephon Marbury and Jerry Stackhouse all teamed up with Tim Duncan.  The world might explode.  You could honestly never keep Davis and Marbury on the floor together.  Duncan would never see the ball ever.

I know, I kind of didn't even think about that until now, but I would start Posey ahead of Stack, and probably D-Mase ahead of Davis. Marbury is not a player I like, but I was kind of stuck in that draft, and I do have the 4th pick in the 2001 draft so I could be looking at a decent PG from there, but I also need another big man, so I don't really know yet. We'll see how this shapes up.

Soon....
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 01:09:44 pm »

Quote from: "BteamBomber"

I know, I kind of didn't even think about that until now, but I would start Posey ahead of Stack, and probably D-Mase ahead of Davis. Marbury is not a player I like, but I was kind of stuck in that draft, and I do have the 4th pick in the 2001 draft so I could be looking at a decent PG from there, but I also need another big man, so I don't really know yet. We'll see how this shapes up.
You're better off grabbing Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson or a Tyson Chandler/Pau Gasol in this draft.  You're sitting on DWill in 2005 to pair with Duncan.  It would be tough for me to pass on Chandlers defense next to Duncan down low (wow), but either of those two wings would be an upgrade over what you have now.  Of course, if TParker fell to you in 01, you'd have to look at whether you'd want him here and someone like Marvin Williams, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Danny Granger or Monta Ellis.  Personally, I'd take Chandler or JJ now and get Williams in 05.  But thats just me.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 04:04:41 pm »

i think its a tie between d-will and bteam, both very solid rosters already, a few upgrades and they'll be set

a sleeper would be ballfreak, if he gets a few decent big men, watch out

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 04:38:58 pm »

I don't like my team, but I did the best I could with the pick I had...

Jason Kidd, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Mark Blount, Brad Miller, Manu Ginobili, Marko Jaric

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 05:05:29 pm »

That's a LOT of jumpshots, flip. Lots and lots and lots and lotssssss of jumpers and threes.

Soon....
Ballfreak™
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 06:00:49 pm »

I like my team. Billups,Allen,Maggette,Gasol,Q.Richardson,Robert Horry.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Up

Jump to: