Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: HH Twist Draft: Discussion Thread  (Read 52546 times)
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2008, 08:17:55 am »

Quote from: "LKdude"
C - Mehmet Okur / Stromile Swift
PF - Rasheed Wallace / Linas Kleiza / Antoine Walker
SF - LeBron James / Ronnie Brewer
SG - Cuttino Mobley / Leandrinho Barbosa
PG - Baron Davis / Delonte West / Brevin Knight
I'd be starting Barbosa or Brewer at the 2 for their defense and brining Mobley in off the bench for quick scoring (and his lack of defense).  If you move Brewer to the 2 (which would be my preference) then Kleiza could still backup the 3, which would probably only be 8-10 minutes a game with Lebron at that position.  With the exception of Rasheed and Baron, you've pretty much built a team that looks a lot like the current Cavs.  I wouldn't be too excited about it personally.  Lebron really still doesn't have that many options (including a true inside scoring presence and a knock down big time outside shooter, Mobley lost that 2 years ago).

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2008, 08:29:23 am »

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
C - Mehmet Okur / Stromile Swift
PF - Rasheed Wallace / Linas Kleiza / Antoine Walker
SF - LeBron James / Ronnie Brewer
SG - Cuttino Mobley / Leandrinho Barbosa
PG - Baron Davis / Delonte West / Brevin Knight
I'd be starting Barbosa or Brewer at the 2 for their defense and brining Mobley in off the bench for quick scoring (and his lack of defense).  If you move Brewer to the 2 (which would be my preference) then Kleiza could still backup the 3, which would probably only be 8-10 minutes a game with Lebron at that position.  With the exception of Rasheed and Baron, you've pretty much built a team that looks a lot like the current Cavs.  I wouldn't be too excited about it personally.  Lebron really still doesn't have that many options (including a true inside scoring presence and a knock down big time outside shooter, Mobley lost that 2 years ago).

Good point about Brewer.  I seem to have my 2 trades in place, so I'm not going to be dealing further with anybody (since 2 is the max.).
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2008, 08:41:13 am »

you need a true C backup.. but decent roster.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2008, 09:55:01 am »

Hey Unit, can we make trades right now if both sides agree?
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38:18 am »

I think we should wait until an official trading period after the entire draft is over.  That way, people can still jump in and steal trades away during this period, especially if someone falls to them in an upcoming draft, and changes their strategy.  Just because trades have been agreed upon now, doesn't mean that things can't still change before teh period begins.  Let's make it like the real periods of an NBA season, just a sligthly different format.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2008, 12:29:32 pm »

Okay I didn't want to sound pushy before, but really, no offers for Mason?! NONE?!! HAVE YOU ALL GONE STARK RAVING MAD?! :twisted:  :evil:

Haha, just kidding obbvvvvviouslyyy, but seriously, I'm open to offers~!

Soon....
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2008, 12:50:22 pm »

whoever has Vince Carter... I'll trade you Monta Ellis for him Tongue

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2008, 12:52:24 pm »

Any thoughts of my roster so far.

PG: Steve Nash/Antonio Daniels/Damon Stoudemire/
SG: Monta Ellis/
SF: Richard Jefferson/Hedo Turkoglu/Travis Outlaw/
PF: Luis Scola/Fransisco Elson/
C: Dwight Howard/Nazr Mohammed/

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2008, 01:00:49 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"

You have too much depth at the 3 and not enough at the 2 or 4.  You should probably trade either Jefferson or Turkoglu to either add a tall shooting guard or a combo guard.

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 01:01:42 pm »

Quote from: "greenwing"

You have too much depth at the 3 and not enough at the 2 or 4.  You should probably trade either Jefferson or Turkoglu to either add a tall shooting guard or a combo guard.

Thanks. Exactly what I am trying to do.

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2008, 01:21:33 pm »

You have the worst defensive backcourt of anyone, and I say that the nicest way possible.  Nash is just a terrible defender and Monta is too small to guard 2's all by himself.  Fortunately, you have Howard working the post and I really like Scola, but you need a true defensive 2 that you should start over Monta, so that you could bring him off the bench at both the 1 and 2 in order to be your volume scorer in your 2nd unit.  Thats your biggest weakness right now, though you shouldn't have problems offensively.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2008, 01:51:59 pm »

Luol Deng
Jannero Pargo
Joel Przybilla

ON THE BLOCK, LISTENING TO ALL OFFERS

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:09 pm »

Beasts Herald - Paul Pierce on The Block

Paul Pierce, who's expected to be the leader of the team, is now on the block after having a small spicy conversation with Head Coach Erik Spolestra, in which Adonal Foyle and Alonzo Mourning grabbed them to stop the heat from spreading while in Practice.

Rumor has it that The Beasts GM Beastley will also trade Shane Battier and entertaining offers for Jameer Nelson.

LET'S GO HEAT.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2008, 08:07:35 pm »

Quote from: "Beastley"
Beasts Herald - Paul Pierce on The Block

Paul Pierce, who's expected to be the leader of the team, is now on the block after having a small spicy conversation with Head Coach Erik Spolestra, in which Adonal Foyle and Alonzo Mourning grabbed them to stop the heat from spreading while in Practice.

Rumor has it that The Beasts GM Beastley will also trade Shane Battier and entertaining offers for Jameer Nelson.

ill offer joshsmith/bogut for pierce/filler
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2008, 08:08:28 pm »

when 2008 draft finishes.. we will have trade week.

no trades can be done before.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36   Go Up

Jump to: