Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: HH Twist Draft: Discussion Thread  (Read 50811 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 04:44:25 am »

Quote from: "greenwing"
I'm really liking my starting lineup right now.

Tony Parker
Michael Redd
Wally Szczerbiak
Al Jefferson
Marcus Camby

not sold on wally.. oj mayo in 2008?
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 04:45:49 am »

PG: D.Rose -- Larry Hughes -- Sam Cassell
SG: Kobe Bryant -- Raja Bell
SF: J.Smith -- Jamaal Crawford
PF: Boris Diaw -- Udonis Haslem
C: Tyson Chandler -- Mikki Moore
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 04:59:41 am »

Yes, it'd be nice to have a bit of an upgrade at the 3, but the way I figure it, between Tony Parker and Redd, I have two guys who can penetrate to the basket from the perimeter.  And since I have a post presence and a rebounding machine in Camby (who will hold my defense together), I really just needed sharpshooters at the 3.  So that's why I chose Wally and Kapono.

Wally's a very good shooter who's still capable of averaging starters' minutes and Kapono is the best three point shooter in the game.  I could even have Anthony Parker play at the 3 from time to time to help on defense.  So I'm not really worried about having a ton of points or rebounds at that position since the opposition is going to have to worry about my Big Three (Tony Parker, Redd and Jefferson) - which will open up guys like Wally and Kapono on the wings.

At least that's how I've built my system.  But that's just how I roll.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 05:39:34 am »

lol yeah.. i would of picked Kyle Korver over Kapono.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 06:05:21 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
lol yeah.. i would of picked Kyle Korver over Kapono.

I wouldn't.  48.3% from downtown is a lot better than 37.5% from downtown.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 06:47:10 am »

yeah but korver has more pose.. and passes better.. and plays better D and rebounds better.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 06:59:36 am »

C-Yao Ming
PF-David West
SF-likely Rudy Gay
SG-Vince Carter
PG-Earl Watson

Bench:
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess
Erick Dampier
Anthony Johnson
DeShawn Stevenson

So point guard help is obviously needed.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 07:03:56 am »

Quote from: "Dynasty"
C-Yao Ming
PF-David West
SF-likely Rudy Gay

SG-Vince Carter
PG-Earl Watson

Bench:
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess
Erick Dampier
Anthony Johnson
DeShawn Stevenson

Danm I should have that now.

*spoils your party by picking Gay*

LET'S GO HEAT.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:35 am »

Quote from: "Beastley"
Quote from: "Dynasty"
C-Yao Ming
PF-David West
SF-likely Rudy Gay

SG-Vince Carter
PG-Earl Watson

Bench:
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess
Erick Dampier
Anthony Johnson
DeShawn Stevenson

Danm I should have that now.

*spoils your party by picking Gay*

haha but honestly, u need Aldridge more than anybody and u know that lol!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 07:36:22 am »

yah but u never know...

anyways unit , i might be out in 04, so auto pick on whosethe best left thx

LET'S GO HEAT.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 09:12:56 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
yeah but korver has more pose.. and passes better.. and plays better D and rebounds better.

He doesn't do those things significantly better than Kapono does.  Also, Kapono is better for my system because all I want him to do is come off the bench to jack up threes.  I don't need him to do anything else considering who else I have on my roster.

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 09:13:37 pm »

I'm really liking my depth chart right now.

Tony Parker/Rafer Alston
Michael Redd/Anthony Parker
Wally Szczerbiak/Jason Kapono
Al Jefferson/Chris Wilcox/Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby/Al Jefferson/Chris Wilcox

I like the defense-offense combo that Al Jeff and Camby give you on the inside, I was always a fan of that type of approach in games like this. Nice backcourt as well, although I think any team with a slashing/scoring wing player would eat you up. You've got to do something about that perimeter defense.

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 09:17:19 pm »

Quote from: "CraftyVet"

Tony Parker/Rafer Alston

I like the defense-offense combo that Al Jeff and Camby give you on the inside, I was always a fan of that type of approach in games like this. Nice backcourt as well, although I think any team with a slashing/scoring wing player would eat you up. You've got to do something about that perimeter defense.
Redd and Wally world on the perimeter might free up space for Al Jeff inside, but those two together on the floor is a problem, the same goes for Redd and Kapono.  Too many jump shooters, no mid range game to speak of at all, and no guard other than TP that can get the ball to the basket and draw fouls.  You'll have the least FT attempts of any team in the league and no one has to worry about doubling Redd or Wally, or even hardly cover Camby, which will make Parker and Jefferson struggle.  You need a big time slashing guard, even a combo guy like a Monta Ellis or Louis Williams as a back up at the two would help.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 09:26:56 pm »

al jefferson can block shots.. but hes a dodgy 1on1 defender.. very poor judgement of the offencive players moves.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:44:01 pm »

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Quote from: "CraftyVet"

Tony Parker/Rafer Alston

Redd and Wally world on the perimeter might free up space for Al Jeff inside, but those two together on the floor is a problem, the same goes for Redd and Kapono.  Too many jump shooters, no mid range game to speak of at all, and no guard other than TP that can get the ball to the basket and draw fouls.  You'll have the least FT attempts of any team in the league and no one has to worry about doubling Redd or Wally, or even hardly cover Camby, which will make Parker and Jefferson struggle.  You need a big time slashing guard, even a combo guy like a Monta Ellis or Louis Williams as a back up at the two would help.

Oh really?  Looks like someone needs to do their homework.  Both Redd and Jefferson had a lot more free throw attempts last season than T. Parker.  And believe it or not, Wally had a lot of free throw attempts last season, too.  Good jump shooters tend to be fouled a lot.  And at least with Redd, he can score from anywhere on the floor; he does drive, you know - he's just known more for his perimeter shooting.

Also, all of my guards average around 1 spg.  That's certainly nothing stellar, but none of them are poor defenders.  And as for Big Al, he averages 1.5 bpg.  So between him and Camby, that's theoretically about 5 bpg.  I'd say that's a pretty good defensive interior - especially considering their rebounding abilities.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36   Go Up

Jump to: