Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: HH Twist Draft: Discussion Thread  (Read 52012 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 09:46:44 pm »

true but in matchups against duncan, garnett, rasheed, e.t.c. jefferson can't really hang

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »

Oh really?  Looks like someone needs to do their homework.  Both Redd and Jefferson had a lot more free throw attempts last season than T. Parker.  And believe it or not, Wally had a lot of free throw attempts last season, too.  Good jump shooters tend to be fouled a lot.  And at least with Redd, he can score from anywhere on the floor; he does drive, you know - he's just known more for his perimeter shooting.

Also, all of my guards average around 1 spg.  That's certainly nothing stellar, but none of them are poor defenders.  And as for Big Al, he averages 1.5 bpg.  So between him and Camby, that's theoretically about 5 bpg.  I'd say that's a pretty good defensive interior - especially considering their rebounding abilities.
Whatever, either way, you should definitely add a slashing scorer in the 08 draft.  Mayo is probably your best bet but even EGordon or Bayless would be good choices too, especially next to Parker.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:47 pm »

with mr recent pick

C-Yao Ming
PF-David West
SF-likely Rudy Gay
SG-Vince Carter
PG-Earl Watson

Bench:
Ben Gordon
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess
Erick Dampier
Anthony Johnson
DeShawn Stevenson

So point guard help is still obviously needed.  Hopefully I can get Mike Conley in 2007.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 03:25:22 am »

my team atm

PG: Devin Harris, Derek Fisher
SG: Ron Artest, Michael Finley
SF: Josh Howard, Eduardo Najera, Ira Newble
PF: Antwan Jamison, Troy Murphy
C: Amare Stoudamire

needs improvement buts its decent imo

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 03:26:34 am »

nice starting five, i would play josh at the 2.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 04:15:35 am »

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Alonzo Mourning
Coming Soon / Adonal Foyle
Paul Pierce / Shane Battier
Caron Butler / Rip Hamilton
Kirk Hinrich / Jameer Nelson / Eddie House

So far, its going on my way..any comments guys? Oh and the later picks are really abd for me cept 2006...pretty contended

LET'S GO HEAT.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 04:16:42 am »

Quote from: "shangrila"
my team atm

Agreed with Unit, it's not decent, its better than decent gj man

LET'S GO HEAT.
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 07:25:42 am »

Quote from: "Dynasty"
with mr recent pick

C-Yao Ming
PF-David West
SF-likely Rudy Gay
SG-Vince Carter
PG-Earl Watson

Bench:
Ben Gordon
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess
Erick Dampier
Anthony Johnson
DeShawn Stevenson

So point guard help is still obviously needed.  Hopefully I can get Mike Conley in 2007.
You have no shooters.   You need to trade Odom or Gordon for a big time jump shooter.  Of course, with the right PG, I'd start Deshawn at the 2 while your PG just runs pick and rolls with West and Yao.  Let them do all the scoring, along with Carter and Gordon off the bench.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 07:28:56 am »

Quote from: "shangrila"
my team atm

I'd add a Center if possible and move Amare to the 4.  If you could add a defensive stopper inside, you'd be in business.  Otherwise some of the other teams big guy combos will eat you up offensively.  How can Jamison and Amare defend Boozer/Kaman or Dirk/Kaman.  Or Garnett/Bosh, or others.  You also need a big time shooter.  Finley is too old to rely on anymore.

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 07:32:19 am »

PG Andre Miller/Jacque Vaughn/2005 pick
SG 2006 1st overall/Josh Childress/Morris Peterson
SF Dirk Novitzki/Grant Hill/Josh Childress
PF Carlos Boozer/Ben Wallace/2007 pick
C Chris Kaman/Brendan Haywood

2008 pick

What do you think.  What am I missing?

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 07:48:43 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
true but in matchups against duncan, garnett, rasheed, e.t.c. jefferson can't really hang

Isn't that what Camby's help-side defense is for?

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 07:51:33 am »

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Oh really?  Looks like someone needs to do their homework.  Both Redd and Jefferson had a lot more free throw attempts last season than T. Parker.  And believe it or not, Wally had a lot of free throw attempts last season, too.  Good jump shooters tend to be fouled a lot.  And at least with Redd, he can score from anywhere on the floor; he does drive, you know - he's just known more for his perimeter shooting.

Also, all of my guards average around 1 spg.  That's certainly nothing stellar, but none of them are poor defenders.  And as for Big Al, he averages 1.5 bpg.  So between him and Camby, that's theoretically about 5 bpg.  I'd say that's a pretty good defensive interior - especially considering their rebounding abilities.
Whatever, either way, you should definitely add a slashing scorer in the 08 draft.  Mayo is probably your best bet but even EGordon or Bayless would be good choices too, especially next to Parker.

Yeah, we'll see.  That's going to be a very tough pick for me considering that if both Rose and Beasley are gone, there are no sure-fire picks that are guaranteed to be good.  And Mayo is really more of a combo guard (probably closer to a 2-guard than a 1-guard).  So I'm not sure he'll be much of a slasher.  I'll have to consider that pick very carefully.

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 08:00:01 am »

Yeah, we'll see.  That's going to be a very tough pick for me considering that if both Rose and Beasley are gone, there are no sure-fire picks that are guaranteed to be good.  And Mayo is really more of a combo guard (probably closer to a 2-guard than a 1-guard).  So I'm not sure he'll be much of a slasher.  I'll have to consider that pick very carefully.
Of course, Kevin Love would be tough to pass up as a rebounder off the bench at both C and PF.  He would provide great depth at those positions.  Personally, in your shoes, I'd try to find a decent center/PF later in the next couple drafts, and grab Mayo in 08.  There's really not a better situation right now.  Having a combo guard off the bench is never a problem, because he can back up two positions.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:17 am »

2008 pick

good talent.. but dirk at SF will never work.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 08:26:51 am »

Quote from: "UNIT"

2008 pick

good talent.. but dirk at SF will never work.

Agreed., opposing 3's would eat him up.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36   Go Up

Jump to: