Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: HH Twist Draft: Discussion Thread  (Read 52255 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 08:39:08 am »

Quote from: "CraftyVet"
Quote from: "UNIT"
Quote from: "BteamBomber"
PG Andre Miller/Jacque Vaughn/2005 pick
SG 2006 1st overall/Josh Childress/Morris Peterson
SF Dirk Novitzki/Grant Hill/Josh Childress
PF Carlos Boozer/Ben Wallace/2007 pick
C Chris Kaman/Brendan Haywood

2008 pick

What do you think.  What am I missing?

good talent.. but dirk at SF will never work.

Agreed., opposing 3's would eat him up.

yup.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 12:09:49 pm »

Quote from: "greenwing"
Quote from: "t-mac357"
true but in matchups against duncan, garnett, rasheed, e.t.c. jefferson can't really hang

Isn't that what Camby's help-side defense is for?

maybe, but if you go up against a frontcourt with 2 solid offensive options, doubling isn't really an option

tong
MVP

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 12:11:40 pm »

thoughts on my team?

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 12:19:03 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
thoughts on my team?

if you get some good guards then your team will be a force, but after bobby jackson shot 29%fg in this year's playoffs you don't want him starting or even playing heavy minutes

bosh and garnett is an interesting tandem in the post, just don't run into a team with 2 strong post players

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 12:20:48 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
thoughts on my team?

if you get some good guards then your team will be a force, but after bobby jackson shot 29%fg in this year's playoffs you don't want him starting or even playing heavy minutes

bosh and garnett is an interesting tandem in the post, just don't run into a team with 2 strong post players

haha yeah i made atongs team accidently.. very atongish.

lots of offence and versatile players.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 12:25:16 pm »

I don't like my team a lot Sad

PG: Steve Nash / Damon Stoudemire / Antonio Daniels
SG: ??
SF: Richard Jefferson / Hedo Turkoglu / Travis Outlaw
PF: Luis Scola / Fransisco Elson
C: Dwight Howard / Nazr Mohammed /

tong
MVP

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 12:25:45 pm »

nash + howard alone makes it competitive.

BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"

Yeah, you've got two top 15 players in the league along with Hedo and Scola (who will be better next season).  If you add Eric Gordon in 08 and Marvin Williams in 05 (he should be there at 5) then you'll be in real business.  Nash, Gordon, Jefferson, Williams and Howard is a pretty young athletic team (except Nash, but he's still athletic).  You'll win some games.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 12:39:37 pm »

Yeah, you've got two top 15 players in the league along with Hedo and Scola (who will be better next season).  If you add Eric Gordon in 08 and Marvin Williams in 05 (he should be there at 5) then you'll be in real business.  Nash, Gordon, Jefferson, Williams and Howard is a pretty young athletic team (except Nash, but he's still athletic).  You'll win some games.

?
BteamBomber
MVP

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:05 pm »

Quote from: "UNIT"

?

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 03:14:12 pm »

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Tracy McGrady
PF-Kenyon Martin
C-Nene

Bench:

PG-Leandro Barbosa
SG-Jason Terry
SF-Peja
PF-Joe Smith
C-?

Now I have Kevin Martin, so hopefully I can trade Martin for a Center. Also a trade is going to happen that will make my PF situation stronger.  Cheesy

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 11:20:42 pm »

5-bynum/przybilla
4-o'neal/nesterovic
3-kirilenko/deng
2-jackson/bowen
1-arenas/williams/pargo

i'd say im looking pretty solid as we speak, very good defensively and will dominate paint most nights, also have a good variety of young players and veterans to make an impact nightly

at the pg position i don't lose a beat when arenas is on the bench, and by having bowen on the bench no opposing swingman will get a rest, because when ak-47 takes a rest bowen will come in and continue to harrass the scorers

having o'neal gives me a back to the basket post player to put pressure on the defense and having bynum makes them pay for doubling him if they dare do so, both are good rebounders as well

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 11:25:15 pm »

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Alonzo Mourning
Coming Soon / Adonal Foyle
Paul Pierce / Shane Battier
Caron Butler / Rip Hamilton
Kirk Hinrich / Jameer Nelson / Eddie House

decent enough? The Funny thing is Shane's only the guy from the West and prob that Coming soon guy lol

LET'S GO HEAT.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2008, 05:41:03 am »

5-bynum/przybilla
4-o'neal/nesterovic
3-kirilenko/deng
2-jackson/bowen
1-arenas/williams/pargo

i'd say im looking pretty solid as we speak, very good defensively and will dominate paint most nights, also have a good variety of young players and veterans to make an impact nightly

at the pg position i don't lose a beat when arenas is on the bench, and by having bowen on the bench no opposing swingman will get a rest, because when ak-47 takes a rest bowen will come in and continue to harrass the scorers

having o'neal gives me a back to the basket post player to put pressure on the defense and having bynum makes them pay for doubling him if they dare do so, both are good rebounders as well

Why would you start AK over Deng?  AK's not even a true small forward.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2008, 08:16:44 am »

What you guys think of mine as the draft draws closer to an end? My starting 5 (w/potential backups) is...

PG - Deron Williams/Stephon Marbury
SG - Desmond Mason/Mikael Pietrus
SF - Jason Richardson/James Posey
PF - Tim Duncan/Jared Jefferies
C - Emeka Okafor/??

As a starting 5 I think it's pretty solid, interior defense is monstrous with Duncan and Okafor, perimeter defense is meh, until Pietrus and Posey come on(I would seriously consider starting Pietrus over Mason, I just like Mason as a player). Offensively, I shouldn't have to much of a problem, with D-Will doing his thing and creating for the almighty Duncan, not to mention some high-flying athletes in Mason and Richardson. Of course, I'm always iffy with Marbury, but coming off the bench he can contribute offensively for sure.

Soon....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36   Go Up

Jump to: