Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Miami - Clippers - Atlanta  (Read 3885 times)
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« on: August 14, 2008, 06:23:17 pm »

Miami Heat
Send:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem

Receive:
 - Josh Smith
 - Cuttino Mobley
 - Tim Thomas
 - DeAndre Jordan

Los Angeles Clippers
Send:
 - Chris Kaman
 - Cuttino Mobley
 - Tim Thomas
 - DeAndre Jordan

Receive:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem

Atlanta Hawks
Send:
 - Josh Smith

Receive:
 - Chris Kaman

Reasoning + Line-ups:

Miami Heat

Miami Heat lose two important pieces, but they get a younger version of Marion in Josh Smith, a combo-gaurd in Mobley1 (both Mobley and Thomas expire in 2010), and Jordan who has the potential to be great or be terrible; a toss-up I think Miami should take looking as there starting center is Blount anyway. Mobley also will help develop Chalmer's until he is ready to take over. Smith will help hide Beasley's deficiencies on the defensive end and should average 18 - 20 ppg with Wade and Beasley next to him. We get one of the best, young line-ups in the league with the ability to be a Dynasty taken Jordan pans out to be the defensive beast in the NBA as he was in college and develops some nice offensive moves under Zo and the Miami Heat staff.

Line-up:
PG: Cuttino Mobley / Mario Chalmers / Marcus Banks
SG: D-Wade / Daequan Cook / Yakhouba Diawara
SF: Josh Smith / James Jones / Tim Thomas / Dorrell Wright / Bobby Jones
PF: Michael Beasley / Joel Anthony / Dorrell Wright
C: DeAndre Jordan / Mark Blount / Joel Anthony / Alonzo Mourning

Los Angeles Clippers

There's been rumors that Kaman is unhappy in LA and a change of scenery might do him some good. They are in win-now mode and Marion is perfect for Baron's up-tempo offense; meanwhile, Kaman does not. Camby gets moved to the center position and Haslem takes over the PF position. They rid themselves on Tim Thomas and Mobley, even though is still a decent role player, is expendable with the acquisition of Davis and J-Will. Jordan is a big loss because of his potential, but, as I said, they're in win-now mode and it's a loss they should be willing to deal with.

PG: Baron Davis / Jason Williams
SG: Ricky Davis / Eric Gordon
SF: Shawn Marion / Al Thornton
PF: Udonis Haslem / Brian Skinner / Steve Novak
C: Marcus Camby / Brian Skinner

Atlanta Hawks

Josh Smith is unhappy and does not want to play under Mike Woodson. He says he's relieved the contract issues were handled, but I still think he would enjoy a change of scenery. By acquiring Kaman, Horford is allowed to move to the PF position where he should excel like Amare in Phoenix when they acquired Shaq. A frontcourt of Kaman and Horford will do some major damage.

PG: Mike Bibby / Acie Law / Speedy Claxton
SG: Joe Johnson / Maurice Evans
SF: Marvin Williams / Jeremy Richardson
PF: Al Horford / Randolph Morris
C: Chris Kaman / Zaza Pachulia

LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:48:28 pm »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
Miami Heat
Send:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem

Receive:
 - Josh Smith
 - Cuttino Mobley
 - Tim Thomas
 - DeAndre Jordan

Los Angeles Clippers
Send:
 - Chris Kaman
 - Cuttino Mobley
 - Tim Thomas
 - DeAndre Jordan

Receive:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem

Atlanta Hawks
Send:
 - Josh Smith

Receive:
 - Chris Kaman

Reasoning + Line-ups:

Miami Heat

Miami Heat lose two important pieces, but they get a younger version of Marion in Josh Smith, a combo-gaurd in Mobley1 (both Mobley and Thomas expire in 2010), and Jordan who has the potential to be great or be terrible; a toss-up I think Miami should take looking as there starting center is Blount anyway. Mobley also will help develop Chalmer's until he is ready to take over. Smith will help hide Beasley's deficiencies on the defensive end and should average 18 - 20 ppg with Wade and Beasley next to him. We get one of the best, young line-ups in the league with the ability to be a Dynasty taken Jordan pans out to be the defensive beast in the NBA as he was in college and develops some nice offensive moves under Zo and the Miami Heat staff.

Line-up:
PG: Cuttino Mobley / Mario Chalmers / Marcus Banks
SG: D-Wade / Daequan Cook / Yakhouba Diawara
SF: Josh Smith / James Jones / Tim Thomas / Dorrell Wright / Bobby Jones
PF: Michael Beasley / Joel Anthony / Dorrell Wright
C: DeAndre Jordan / Mark Blount / Joel Anthony / Alonzo Mourning

Los Angeles Clippers

There's been rumors that Kaman is unhappy in LA and a change of scenery might do him some good. They are in win-now mode and Marion is perfect for Baron's up-tempo offense; meanwhile, Kaman does not. Camby gets moved to the center position and Haslem takes over the PF position. They rid themselves on Tim Thomas and Mobley, even though is still a decent role player, is expendable with the acquisition of Davis and J-Will. Jordan is a big loss because of his potential, but, as I said, they're in win-now mode and it's a loss they should be willing to deal with.

PG: Baron Davis / Jason Williams
SG: Ricky Davis / Eric Gordon
SF: Shawn Marion / Al Thornton
PF: Udonis Haslem / Brian Skinner / Steve Novak
C: Marcus Camby / Brian Skinner

Atlanta Hawks

Josh Smith is unhappy and does not want to play under Mike Woodson. He says he's relieved the contract issues were handled, but I still think he would enjoy a change of scenery. By acquiring Kaman, Horford is allowed to move to the PF position where he should excel like Amare in Phoenix when they acquired Shaq. A frontcourt of Kaman and Horford will do some major damage.

PG: Mike Bibby / Acie Law / Speedy Claxton
SG: Joe Johnson / Maurice Evans
SF: Marvin Williams / Jeremy Richardson
PF: Al Horford / Randolph Morris
C: Chris Kaman / Zaza Pachulia

Both LA, & Miami say no.
LA is not giving up their starting center Kaman for Marion, & Haslem. & if they did, Mia should cut ATL out, & try to get Kamam for us.

& Miami needs a starting C, & PG, but you give us 2 Fs, a SG, & a 2nd round center that will not get in the game for about 3 years. The funny part is u have him starting for us. :roll:

Atl is the only team that mite do this.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:56:13 pm »

Both LA, & Miami say no.
LA is not giving up their starting center Kaman for Marion, & Haslem. & if they did, Mia should cut ATL out, & try to get Kamam for us.

& Miami needs a starting C, & PG, but you give us 2 Fs, a SG, & a 2nd round center that will not get in the game for about 3 years. The funny part is u have him starting for us. Rolling Eyes

Did you even read my post? First of all Marion + Haslem >>>>> Kaman. 2nd, I said Kaman is a little unhappy with the clippers management and would welcome a change of scenery. How do you not like the acquisition of Smith, Jordan, and Mobley for Miami? Smith is Marion 2.0, but younger. I like how you roll your eyes at my with Jordan starting, would you rather have BLOUNT start!!! LMAO. I'd take Jordan over Blount anyday. Jordan may not have an offensive game yet, but he is a very good defender and would fit perfectly next to Beasley. Blount is just a bad influence on Beasley if he starts. Mobley can play PG and he will help teach Chalmers until he is ready. Chalmers has great potential and will start towards the end of the year. Mobley will do wonders to Chalmer's development.

Also, there is rumors going around that Miami will send Marion to the Clips for Camby + Filler. So I don't know how you can say the Clips wouldn't accept Marion + Haslem for Camby + Filler. That's just ridiculous. Stop bitching about my trades, if you don't like them then don't post and throw your two cents in on everything.

hawks4life
Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 06:58:06 pm »

Wow. Actually the only team that I see doing this is Miami.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 06:59:53 pm »

Kaman is also injury prone so I'm not 100% I want him until he proves he can stay healthy. he missed 20+ games last season. I'm not saying I would mind him, I would love to have him on the Heat, but I'd rather have Josh Smith and D. Jordan than just Kaman anyday.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:47 pm »

Quote from: "hawks4life"
Wow. Actually the only team that I see doing this is Miami.

Explain.

You have to remember the position the Clippers and the Hawks are in. The Clippers want to win now. B. Diddy, Marion, Camby, Haslem, Ricky D., and J-Will all want rings (even thought J-Will and Haslem have rings, I'm sure they want more lol). They're getting up there in age and don't want to rebuild. Kaman doesn't match B-Diddy's uptempo style and will tire quickly in games. It also puts more strain on him and gives him a better chance of injuring himself playing at such a fast pace and he's already injury prone. Marion, Haslem, and Camby fit perfectly in this offense, Kaman is the odd-man out.

The Hawks situation, when a player wants out he just wants out. Josh Smith isn't happy and acquiring a young, budding center in Kaman would really help this franchise. First off, it'll really help Horford develop. Remember how Amare was always an all-star, but never a superstar? When Shaq came to phoenix and Amare moved the the PF spot, Amare became a superstar. Same goes for Horford except with less of an impact taken Amare is much better skill-wise right now than Horford. They can score anywhere on the court as well. Kaman and Horford provide an excellent, young frontcourt that can score very efficiently. They also are both pretty damn good defenders. With Bibby and JJ's shooting ability, the defense will have to spread allowing JJ to drive whenever he wants and will also drastically help Williams development. They can shoot from the outside, score on the inside, drive at will, change pace of the game, and are still very athletic. Also, Mike Bibby's defensive woes will be covered with the help of Kaman and Horford. If Bibby's man blows by him, he still has to score over Kaman/Horford.

EDIT: Also, it is much harder to find a dominant center now-a-days in the NBA and much easier to find a SF/PF tweener. Most teams in the league would take Kaman over Smith easily just due to the fact that there are so little dominant centers.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 08:03:06 pm »

Both LA, & Miami say no.

& Miami needs a starting C, & PG, but you give us 2 Fs, a SG, & a 2nd round center that will not get in the game for about 3 years. The funny part is u have him starting for us. Rolling Eyes

Did you even read my post? First of all Marion + Haslem >>>>> Kaman. 2nd, I said Kaman is a little unhappy with the clippers management and would welcome a change of scenery. How do you not like the acquisition of Smith, Jordan, and Mobley for Miami? Smith is Marion 2.0, but younger. I like how you roll your eyes at my with Jordan starting, would you rather have BLOUNT start!!! LMAO. I'd take Jordan over Blount anyday. Jordan may not have an offensive game yet, but he is a very good defender and would fit perfectly next to Beasley. Blount is just a bad influence on Beasley if he starts. Mobley can play PG and he will help teach Chalmers until he is ready. Chalmers has great potential and will start towards the end of the year. Mobley will do wonders to Chalmer's development.

Also, there is rumors going around that Miami will send Marion to the Clips for Camby + Filler. So I don't know how you can say the Clips wouldn't accept Marion + Haslem for Camby + Filler. That's just ridiculous. Stop bitching about my trades, if you don't like them then don't post and throw your two cents in on everything.

If the clips trade Kaman, they can do better then Haslem, & marion.
& if Jordan could not start for his collage team, what the h e l l makes you think that he could start for an NBA team? Are you rertarded?
Mobley? Mobley is washed up, for that we should sign Payton, or Casell for the min. Thats how much i think of him now. This trade does not improve Miami . It's just a sideways move. their is no point for it.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:59 pm »

Quote from: "LordLeoshes"
Both LA, & Miami say no.

& if Jordan could not start for his collage team, what the h e l l makes you think that he could start for an NBA team? Are you rertarded?
Mobley? Mobley is washed up, for that we should sign Payton, or Casell for the min. Thats how much i think of him now. This trade does not improve Miami . It's just a sideways move. their is no point for it.

LMAO! All i ever hear from you is Marion is an all-star and Haslem is a great player, but now you say Clips can get better than those to for Kaman. How the hell does this not make Miami better!! First off, it sets Miami up for the future. Marion is not part of our future so get over it. We get Smith who is younger and just as good. WHO DO WE HAVE NO STARTING AT THE C SPOT FOR MIAMI!!! MARK F*CKING BLOUNT! I'd rather have Marion play center than Blount. With the help of Zo and the Miami Heat staff, Jordan should develop fast on both the offensive and defensive end, just like Joel Anthony. Also, Jordan is the perfect compliment to Beasley. He is a very good defender and will, as well as with Smith, help hide Beasley's defensive woes. Blount and Beasley will be one of the leagues worst defensive front-lines. Who cares if Jordan was a second round pick? That should give him motivation. Arenas was a 2nd round pick, does that make him any worse? Monta Ellis was a 2nd Round Draft Pick, does that make him any worse? You have no idea what you're talking about at all. You make stupid points that are easily countered and, yet, you make the same point over and over after I prove you wrong. Mobley averaged almost 13 ppg last season how is he washed up? Payton and Cassell are washed up. Nobody wanted to sign Payton last season and Cassell was terrible throughout the play-offs. Mobley can still contribute until Chalmers is ready. You couldn't be more wrong. This move helps Miami for the future. It sets us up to be a dynasty. First off, Wade, Smith, and Beasley will be one of, if not the, highest scoring trio in the league. Smith, Wade, Chalmers, and Jordan can handle the defense. Wade has shown in the Olympics he can be a lock-down defender and will hopefully take that into the NBA season. We don't need a great all-star center next to Beasley. I wouldn't mind one, but what we want and what we can get are two different things. We can get Jordan or Swat and they both fit perfectly next to Beasley whether you want to agree or not. We're not getting a team with superstars at every position. This trade is a 100% yes from Miami and you have no points to back yourself up saying Miami doesn't want any part of this.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »

Both LA, & Miami say no.

LMAO! All i ever hear from you is Marion is an all-star and Haslem is a great player, but now you say Clips can get better than those to for Kaman. How the hell does this not make Miami better!! First off, it sets Miami up for the future. Marion is not part of our future so get over it. We get Smith who is younger and just as good. WHO DO WE HAVE NO STARTING AT THE C SPOT FOR MIAMI!!! MARK F*CKING BLOUNT! I'd rather have Marion play center than Blount. With the help of Zo and the Miami Heat staff, Jordan should develop fast on both the offensive and defensive end, just like Joel Anthony. Also, Jordan is the perfect compliment to Beasley. He is a very good defender and will, as well as with Smith, help hide Beasley's defensive woes. Blount and Beasley will be one of the leagues worst defensive front-lines. Who cares if Jordan was a second round pick? That should give him motivation. Arenas was a 2nd round pick, does that make him any worse? Monta Ellis was a 2nd Round Draft Pick, does that make him any worse? You have no idea what you're talking about at all. You make stupid points that are easily countered and, yet, you make the same point over and over after I prove you wrong. Mobley averaged almost 13 ppg last season how is he washed up? Payton and Cassell are washed up. Nobody wanted to sign Payton last season and Cassell was terrible throughout the play-offs. Mobley can still contribute until Chalmers is ready. You couldn't be more wrong. This move helps Miami for the future. It sets us up to be a dynasty. First off, Wade, Smith, and Beasley will be one of, if not the, highest scoring trio in the league. Smith, Wade, Chalmers, and Jordan can handle the defense. Wade has shown in the Olympics he can be a lock-down defender and will hopefully take that into the NBA season. We don't need a great all-star center next to Beasley. I wouldn't mind one, but what we want and what we can get are two different things. We can get Jordan or Swat and they both fit perfectly next to Beasley whether you want to agree or not. We're not getting a team with superstars at every position. This trade is a 100% yes from Miami and you have no points to back yourself up saying Miami doesn't want any part of this.

Wow, you really must love the sound of your own voice, cause you rant on worse then a 13 year old girl. bla bla bla. Jordan can not play defense. every time he even trys, he fouls out quick. & thats in college. & mobley will not do anything that Banks, & chamlers will not. Stop trying to trade away every one on the Heat.
If you dont like the way that Pat Riley is building this team, then find another team that has the players you like.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:34:10 pm »

Both LA, & Miami say no.

Wow, you really must love the sound of your own voice, cause you rant on worse then a 13 year old girl. bla bla bla. Jordan can not play defense. every time he even trys, he fouls out quick. & thats in college. & mobley will not do anything that Banks, & chamlers will not. Stop trying to trade away every one on the Heat.
If you dont like the way that Pat Riley is building this team, then find another team that has the players you like.

Can I block you? I really don't want to listen to you. You don't post any logical or educated comments. You're really not smart at all. You follow me around this forum and persist on talking a whole lot of crap like a teenager, yet you say you're like 40 or 50. Talk about immature. You really have a shitty life huh? MOBLEY IS THE VET LEADERSHIP TO TRAIN CHALMERS UNTIL HE IS READY!!! Do I have to repeat myself like 500 million times until you understand! Chalmers isn't ready to start and Banks will just take away shots from Wade, Marion, and Beasley. He's not a pass first PG and he tries to hard to do things he can't do. Mobley will start until Chalmer's is ready. Plus, I'm really surprised you're not splurging over this, Mobley's contract is up in 2010 as well as Tim Thomas's. You have no basketball sense at all. You're completely in your own world when it comes to thinking. You really think Riley wouldn't make this trade than you should just stop watching basketball. THIS IS A FORUM FOR THE 500TH TIME! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO POST TRADES FOR OUR TEAMS AND DISCUSS THEM! All you can do is say Riley won't do that and if he won't then you're an idiot. Shut up. Get off his nuts. Get off mine. Stop following me around this forum! Oh my god, you're worse than my 10 year old neighbor just for the fact that your so damn old and still acting the way you're acting.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:42:14 pm »

Both LA, & Miami say no.

Can I block you? I really don't want to listen to you. You don't post any logical or educated comments. You're really not smart at all. You follow me around this forum and persist on talking a whole lot of crap like a teenager, yet you say you're like 40 or 50. Talk about immature. You really have a shitty life huh? MOBLEY IS THE VET LEADERSHIP TO TRAIN CHALMERS UNTIL HE IS READY!!! Do I have to repeat myself like 500 million times until you understand! Chalmers isn't ready to start and Banks will just take away shots from Wade, Marion, and Beasley. He's not a pass first PG and he tries to hard to do things he can't do. Mobley will start until Chalmer's is ready. Plus, I'm really surprised you're not splurging over this, Mobley's contract is up in 2010 as well as Tim Thomas's. You have no basketball sense at all. You're completely in your own world when it comes to thinking. You really think Riley wouldn't make this trade than you should just stop watching basketball. THIS IS A FORUM FOR THE 500TH TIME! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO POST TRADES FOR OUR TEAMS AND DISCUSS THEM! All you can do is say Riley won't do that and if he won't then you're an idiot. Shut up. Get off his nuts. Get off mine. Stop following me around this forum! Oh my god, you're worse than my 10 year old neighbor just for the fact that your so damn old and still acting the way you're acting.

All am going to say is that this is a horrible trade that will never happen. so keep posting it over, & over again all you want, but Pat Riley will never do it. Deal with the fact that all your trade are stupid & will never happen. Only in your wet dreams.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:47 pm »

^^ great, stop posting now.

phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 09:01:51 pm »

The Hawks - No.  We just signed Smith; we'd prefer to keep him.  Regardless of any other argument, our view is that we have a 22 year old budding superstar who's a hometown kid that the fans back.  He's simply more valuable to us on our roster than on the trade market.  At this point, if we're getting back a legit NBA C, we'd consider trading Marvin or Horford (or both if the deal is right), but Smith is untouchable unless we are completely overwhelmed by a deal.  Kaman is good but would not overwhelm us.

Clippers - Doubt it.  I couldn't see why they'd break up a potentially dominant interior for one year's worth of a talented malcontent and a Charles Oakley type PF, so forth kicking in a decent C prospect and some rotation depth.  I could see Kaman and Camby complimenting each other very well together on both ends of the court.  Camby being the skilled athlete who can roam out a little; Kaman being the under the basket banger.  I'd bet they run with it for a year before deciding to break it up.

BTW, don't think for a minute that BD isn't grinning from ear to ear thinking about how his PF/C combo averaged over 25 boards and 6 blocks last year.  There is nothing that frees up a perimeter player more than a dominant back court.  He can heave up 3's, go for steals, and release early for easy buckets knowing that once the ball goes up, then one of his guys will pull it down more times than not.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »

Quote from: "phiboy207"
The Hawks - No.  We just signed Smith; we'd prefer to keep him.  Regardless of any other argument, our view is that we have a 22 year old budding superstar who's a hometown kid that the fans back.  He's simply more valuable to us on our roster than on the trade market.  At this point, if we're getting back a legit NBA C, we'd consider trading Marvin or Horford (or both if the deal is right), but Smith is untouchable unless we are completely overwhelmed by a deal.  Kaman is good but would not overwhelm us.

Clippers - Doubt it.  I couldn't see why they'd break up a potentially dominant interior for one year's worth of a talented malcontent and a Charles Oakley type PF, so forth kicking in a decent C prospect and some rotation depth.  I could see Kaman and Camby complimenting each other very well together on both ends of the court.  Camby being the skilled athlete who can roam out a little; Kaman being the under the basket banger.  I'd bet they run with it for a year before deciding to break it up.

BTW, don't think for a minute that BD isn't grinning from ear to ear thinking about how his PF/C combo averaged over 25 boards and 6 blocks last year.  There is nothing that frees up a perimeter player more than a dominant back court.  He can heave up 3's, go for steals, and release early for easy buckets knowing that once the ball goes up, then one of his guys will pull it down more times than not.

When a player is unhappy than he's unhappy. If Smith doesn't want to stay in ATL than Kaman is definitely a perfect fit in ATL. Taken, Smith begins to like ATL again than I don't see as much of a reason to do this. But you have to remember, it's really hard to come by dominant centers now-a-days so Kaman's value is a lot higher than normal.

I don't like Camby at the PF position. I think he'd be a horrible PF. By moving him to the C position and acquiring Marion and Haslem, you'd be in contention for a chip. B-Diddy shoots in the low 30's from the three point line. Kaman is just not suited for the uptempo style B-Diddy's going to bring to the Clips and, if Kaman is still in LA next season, you'll see that Kaman is going to have a really tough time adjusting.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 09:15:17 pm »

Phiboy i just want to hear your opinion really quick, would Miami do this trade in a heartbeat?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: