Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miami - Clippers - Atlanta  (Read 3884 times)
phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 11:49:52 pm »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"
When a player is unhappy than he's unhappy. If Smith doesn't want to stay in ATL than Kaman is definitely a perfect fit in ATL. Taken, Smith begins to like ATL again than I don't see as much of a reason to do this. But you have to remember, it's really hard to come by dominant centers now-a-days so Kaman's value is a lot higher than normal.
Smith has done interviews after his resigning and has basically said that any issues between him and Woodson were way overblown.  Even if they weren't, then he has sent overtures of reconciliation, and the Hawks will accept that and move on.

I like Kaman, but if we trade Smith for him, then I'd be worried if Horford and Kaman wouldn't fit together.  It's never good when your bigs are fighting for the low blocks.  If we were in the mix for Kaman, then we'd want Horford+filler for him (maybe Horford, Zaza, and Speedy for Kaman and Tim Thomas?).  We'd get older, but we'd be in a good place (a bunch of athletes around a banger C) for at least 4 years.  But I'm not sure that LAC would want to do that though.  Kaman supplies more right now than Horford.  On the other hand, Gordon, Thornton, and Horford could make a fine young trio so it may not matter.

I don't like Camby at the PF position. I think he'd be a horrible PF. By moving him to the C position and acquiring Marion and Haslem, you'd be in contention for a chip. B-Diddy shoots in the low 30's from the three point line. Kaman is just not suited for the uptempo style B-Diddy's going to bring to the Clips and, if Kaman is still in LA next season, you'll see that Kaman is going to have a really tough time adjusting.
I think Kaman would be fine in an up-tempo game.  With his attitude, he'd prolly love it.  All he'd have to do is rebound/outlet or block a shot to another player - he wouldn't even have to run down to the other end of the court.  An up-tempo game needs a big that can turn defensive pressure into offensive fast breaks (this was actually a reason that so many scouts loved Love - his rebounding to outlet passing was quick and accurate), and Kaman can do that - even if he can't run the floor too well.  It'd prolly just serve to keep him fresh for games that are more 1/2 court slugfests.  Then LAC could use his ability to bang inside more so than Camby anyway.

As far as Camby @ PF, I'm interested in watching.  He could play a high post on O so that he and Kaman wouldn't butt heads.  On D, LAC could basically play zone with Camby on one block and Kaman on the other when both are on the court.  They'd have an elite shot blocker on both sides of the court as well as an elite rebounder (both ranked in the top 3 on a per game average last year).  It would be very hard for teams to get points in the paint.  It's an interesting duo.

Phiboy i just want to hear your opinion really quick, would Miami do this trade in a heartbeat?
Whenever you get the best player AND the best prospect in a deal, it's a no brainer, you do it.  Marion may be a little better than Smith right now (due to consistency), but when you factor in that Marion is just passing his prime @ 30, while Smith has a few years before hitting his @ 22, then it becomes a no contest.  Even if Smith has no improvement in his game, the fact that he'll supply at least a similar game for many more years than Marion means that his present value as a player is much greater.  A core of Wade/Beasley/Smith definitely would be worthy to rebuild around - all you need is some man-to-man defenders who could shoot the 3 around those 3 and you could go far.  And the championship window would be open for at least 5 years.  With Wade being the oldest of the trio, he'd be the one that would actually close the window.

Even so, I wonder if Riley would cut us in.  Riley has had a dominant C throughout his coaching career: Kareem in LA (4 rings), Ewing in NY (0 rings, but some good runs), and Shaq in MIA (1 ring).  After he traded Shaq, it seemed that he became completely disinterested - even giving up the HC role almost immediately after the season.  I really couldn't see Riley letting a young 16/12 C through his hands - especially if he traded the parts to free him up.

Richie B
Benchwarmer

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 01:40:27 am »

As a Clippers fan, I wouldn't be happy with this trade.

Marion is an ideal fit for a running team when he's playing PF, not small forward.  I would worry that we aren't big enough if we started Camby/Marion.  Thornton is perfectly suited for a running team at small forward.  And I don't think Haslem is better suited for a running team than Kaman.  Kaman is very athletic for his size and loves to try and beat his man downcourt.  Plus, his defense and dominant rebounding will only help to start fast breaks.

I'm surprised at the questioning of Camby at PF.  It was his natural position coming out of college -- they used to wonder if there was any chance he could slide over and play backup center minutes, much less start for someone at center.  A lot of that was of course based on his slight build, but he's more than proven that he can play tough inside.  He still seems like a perfect fit at PF to me.  He's only a decent post up player and he has a consistent (yes, it's very ugly) flat footed jump shot.  But he's agile and athletic, hits the boards hard and plays great defense.  He already guards the opposing team's best low post player, so I don't think he'll have much of a problem stepping a little further out and guarding some PFs.  His defensive footwork is pretty top notch.

And I'll add that any discontent on JSmoove or Kaman's part is probably overblown.  Smith & the Hawks were negotiating for a new contract and Kaman just wants to play in the Olympics while the Clippers don't want him to risk injury.  Seems to be minor stuff.

Richie B
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 04:20:33 am »

Quote from: "hawks4life"
Wow. Actually the only team that I see doing this is Miami.

Agreed, I like it for my Heat, I dunno with the rest though.

LET'S GO HEAT.
two-time
a.k.a. Escalade
Star

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 09:35:01 am »

i can see atlanta being super raped...

imagine marion playing in the small forward position....hmmm

^^sickness by bbyao
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 09:41:58 am »

I like the trade, if James Jones comes with Haslem and Marion to the Clippers, and Marion signs an extension, they can't risk losing Kaman for nothing. The trade works for Mia and ATL.
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 03:55:01 pm »

Quote from: "phoenix13suns"

Imagine? That's going to be his position on the Heat.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 07:22:44 pm »

Quote from: "phoenix13suns"

Imagine? That's going to be his position on the Heat.

Marion is strait at SF, but who do you think will be are starting PF, Haslem, or Beasley? If Blount is starting for us at center, then i think that Haslem should start. & have Beasley, & his offense off the bench.
What do you think ?

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
CBDSBasketball22
Undrafted

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »

Beasley will have to start first of all, second of all, nobody gives Marion much credit. Sure he expires blah blah but the Clippers would get a steal getting him. The whole point is to win a championship, and he would make them serious contenders. plus if they won, i doubt he would leave.

I like this trade alot, for all teams involved.

"You smoke weed, but you put people in jail for it, that's hypocritical."
"Do you like giving handjobs? Do you like gettin 'em? Then your a hypocrite too!"
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 06:24:42 pm »

Quote from: "CBDSBasketball22"
Beasley will have to start first of all, second of all, nobody gives Marion much credit. Sure he expires blah blah but the Clippers would get a steal getting him. The whole point is to win a championship, and he would make them serious contenders. plus if they won, i doubt he would leave.

I like this trade alot, for all teams involved.

Every one here knows that i dont like this trade, but my point was that if we start Blount at Center, then i would not like to see Beasley start next to him cause neither can play defense.  We are going to need at least one good defender starting next to Beasley, or Blount.
& am cool with Marion here. He fits perfectly next to Beasley, or Haslem.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: