Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think Webber and AI can win this year?  (Read 8037 times)
markGRADY
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 12:22:04 am »

Hopefully no one gets injured so then they can make some noise in the east.
BarrSpin
Undrafted

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:14 am »

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I said all off season that they'd be one of the most under-rated teams in the league and they are going to do better than anyone thought. I'm not completely sold on them yet, but they are proving that they are better. Last year, against a team like Miami, they would've just buckled and blown the game at the end. This year, they are coming back and beating teams and PUTTING THEM AWAY. Thats something they never did last year, was put teams away and let them get back in it. If they put games away last year, they would've atleast 10 more wins because they had bigs leads in many games.

The maturity is showing in these guys, and are playing like a team. Its nice to see, but we'll see how long it lasts.

ernesto
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 06:12:51 pm »

Yes but this Wednesday , the Raptors will beat them badly . The 76ers will be spotless no more . They will be sent back to earth by the Raps fastbreaks !

www.ihtraptors.blogspot.com     new 11/6

--------------------

Dr. Ernesto
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 12:48:48 am »

Quote from: "zunami"
yea they're playing like a team and korver is on fire.

their success depends solely on how long this mean streak lasts

markGRADY
Starter

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 01:12:47 am »

Quote from: "ernesto"
Yes but this Wednesday , the Raptors will beat them badly . The 76ers will be spotless no more . They will be sent back to earth by the Raps fastbreaks !

www.ihtraptors.blogspot.com     new 11/6

--------------------

Dr. Ernesto

right :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
ZoDa
Starter

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 04:04:25 pm »

I think you're all overestimating Chris Webber.  This is a mere, and fragile, shell of the player he used to be a few years ago.  Can AI and Webber lead this team to the playoffs?  Hell no!  Maybe AI and someone else can, if pigs start flying around mid-season Smiley

Wednesday Night:  Raptors 115-97.  This is #2 of a 6 game losing streak for the sixers.

I hate Joey Graham.
KrissKross
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 04:15:54 pm »

Quote from: "ZoDa"
I think you're all overestimating Chris Webber.  This is a mere, and fragile, shell of the player he used to be a few years ago.  Can AI and Webber lead this team to the playoffs?  Hell no!  Maybe AI and someone else can, if pigs start flying around mid-season Smiley

Wednesday Night:  Raptors 115-97.  This is #2 of a 6 game losing streak for the sixers.

For the sixers to go deep in the playoffs, it won't be because of the combo of AI and Webber. They are a good leathal combo,, since AI has got the moves and speed and Webber has the jumpshot and good passing skills. They need a couple of things to happen.  Best chance they got is for Both AI's to lead the offensive charge with Webber passing. Korver to stay how, and Dalembert to develop springs on his feet and grab boards like no other. Oh yeah, team defense might help too

KrissKross
BarrSpin
Undrafted

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 04:43:50 pm »

They aren't playing bad team defense. Nothing great, but a big upgrade since last season.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 10:00:02 pm »

Bwahahahahaha, Raptors win.

Soon....
Freaky Deaky
Journeyman

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 01:48:19 pm »

Well first off, the critics sound nuts to me when they say Philly is one of the bottom teams this year.  They were the most surprising dissapointment last season in not meeting expectations without excuse of injuries.  But Iquodela, Korver, Hunter and Dalembert are all young and getting better, Rodney Carney was a great pick and should do well as a rookie, and Mo Cheeks has a year behind him so his system is in place.  I have them 8 or 9 this year, but I could see them winning their division a lot sooner than being a 14th or 15th ranked team in the East.  The problems are that their defense is mediocre at best, their bench sucks and Chris Webber is on the decline.  It will be interesting to see what Cheeks, Iverson and Webber can muster up now that they have a year behind them of experience.
BarrSpin
Undrafted

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 08:28:54 pm »

Quote from: "Freaky Deaky"
Well first off, the critics sound nuts to me when they say Philly is one of the bottom teams this year.

At least I'm not the only one that sees that.

ZoDa
Starter

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 06:56:23 am »

Come back to reality soon, we miss you guys!  As long as Iverson is in Philly, and he won't be traded, so until Iverson retires, this team will be outside the playoff picture looking in.

I hate Joey Graham.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 06:08:59 am »

thay may even win the atlantic since vince carter is unsure of his future

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 10:19:18 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

What the hell are you talking about??? just because he doesn't know what he'll do next year means he'll be crap this year...i think thats what you mean.. :?:  :?:  :?

Soon....
zunami
Star

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 06:02:45 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
Quote from: "kingdumcome"

What the hell are you talking about??? just because he doesn't know what he'll do next year means he'll be crap this year...i think thats what you mean.. :?:  :?:  :?
lol it sounds that way to me too. Vince doesn't think during games 'hmm maybe this opponent would be a suitable team for me, i better be really friendly right now so they'll like me".
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: