Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Centre  (Read 4394 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:43 pm »

Do we need one? and by centre I mean 7 footer who's not playing out of position. I know that Love and Jefferson haven't played together yet but on paper, realistically, it doesn't look like a good fit defensively. And most probably never will, which isn't what we want if we're to contend in a few years. So should the Wolves go after a centre (in either the draft, FA or trade)?

tong
MVP

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:44:24 pm »

Brook Lopez.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 07:02:21 am »

Quote from: "tong"
Brook Lopez.

As much probability that he'll be THE good center as Love and any other rookie who hasn't played a game in the NBA yet.

So if we're talking rookies, it's all in the maybes.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:46:43 pm »

Time will tell, I'm sure we'll be able to tell soon in the year on whether Al Jefferson plays better with Kevin Love or Jason Collins. Obviously the ceilings for each player is considerably different. I wish Marcus Camby or someone who focused on defense, shot blocking, and rebounding would go alongside Jefferson, but you can't have everything...

RIP Madawg
HardFowl
Star

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:36:16 pm »

samuel delembert would be nice alongside jefferson, thatd be a wonderful front line.

Free Guitar Lessons from HardFowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FBRU50pvg
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 06:42:38 pm »

But if Jefferson plays better with Collins then Love and Minnesota can acquire a good defensive centre (draft maybe or FA) would it push Love to the bench?

French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:02:47 pm »

I think Love will be a bust so it's obvious that the Wolves should sign a true Center but who is available?? Guys like DJ M'Benga are not really a guy who can play 20/30 good minutes so they have to wait at least the next draft because the Wolves have a lot of untradable contracts...

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:47:34 pm »

Quote from: "French-Kobe"
I think Love will be a bust so it's obvious that the Wolves should sign a true Center but who is available?? Guys like DJ M'Benga are not really a guy who can play 20/30 good minutes so they have to wait at least the next draft because the Wolves have a lot of untradable contracts...

A lot? Cardinal is one. That's all.
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 05:22:45 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"

Tou can add Collins and Madsen too...+they still have the Juwan Howard contract on their cap.

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:53:37 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"

Tou can add Collins and Madsen too...+they still have the Juwan Howard contract on their cap.

Collins is an expiring, Madsen gets paid 3 million so he's easy to swallow and there's nothing Minnesota can do about Howard's contract on their cap besides the fact that expires this year too. Brain Cardinal would be valuable next year as teams gear up for the 2010 FA too

French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:37 am »

The Woles re-signed Chris Richards...It's a good move. But why they sign Araujo? One of the worst center ever???

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 10:54:48 pm »

They're looking for more centre depth after Collins' accident

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 05:41:01 am »

The Woles re-signed Chris Richards...It's a good move. But why they sign Araujo? One of the worst center ever???

Araujo is a training camp body because both Jefferson and Collins are going to miss the camp. His chances of making the team are close to none, since Chris Richard will be the 15th guy and if we will sign Shaun Livingston or Blake Ahearn to a guaranteed deal... then Calvin Booth will get bought out. Doubt we'll make more room for someone else.

Araujo is here because Rob Babcock (Wolves assistant GM) was the idiot to draft him (and trade VC for nothing) in the first place. Guy still wants to make him look good.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:32:47 pm »

You've got to be kidding me, lol...

Our new center
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 01:48:15 am »

Now the Wolves sign David Harrisson....It's better than signing Araujo. I think Harrisson can help Big Al a lot in the paint.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: