Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumars Defends Summer Transactions (Or Lack Of)  (Read 1166 times)
Sonic R
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: September 21, 2008, 10:07:32 pm »

Dumars defends lack of Pistons' roster moves from The Detroit News.

"I said we would look to make changes but we wouldn't do a bad deal," he said. "The deals that were presented were not good deals for us. You don't make deals so you can walk in here on a day like today and say, 'Hey, we made a deal.' You want to resist that, and I did and I make no qualms about it."

There's nothing to patch up," Dumars said. "I'm the one who was upset, so who do I need to patch things up with? It's been good. Guys understand that six straight years of making the conference finals and going to the NBA Finals only twice isn't enough and I am not going to rest on that. What you do is keep pushing, keep moving forward."

Also Jason Maxiell contract extension…

Dumars said Wednesday that informal negotiations were ongoing with Maxiell's Cincinnati-based agent Richard Katz .

"There's nothing unusual going on and nothing new to report," Katz said in a brief telephone interview. "Nothing is imminent."

The Pistons have offered Maxiell a three-year extension worth approximately $15 million. Should he leave that contract on the table, he would play out the final year of his contract this season (earning $1.87 million) and become a restricted free agent -- which means the Pistons could match any contract offer to Maxiell.

It's a win-win situation for the Pistons. Either they lock up a key reserve player through 2012, or they have a hungry player fighting for a contract this season with the power to match any other team's offer the following summer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: