Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GM Game 5.0 [How it Works Thread]  (Read 14956 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« on: September 25, 2008, 06:34:18 am »

One by one, we can make it done.

1. Salaries definitely, must match according to the 1.25 rule, or simply. by using your brain.
2. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY NON-SENSE DEAL, Like for example, Ray Allen for Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson for Chris Paul, or etc, so DONT BOTHER COMPLAINING, not abusing my commish powers, BUT IF SUCH CASE HAPPENS LIKE IT DID IN THE PAST, DONT BOTHER COMPLAINING, AGAIN IF IT ONLY HAPPENS.
3. We will sim, roookie comparisons shall be used for rookies.
4. Trading deadline will be OCT 25.
5. OCT 26, We will start the sim in season, time runs fast, so a month of trading, waiving, organizing, I think is enough.
6. Once we reach OCT 26, Rosters must be cut to 12, and the minutes played shall be placed with the Players' names in your rosters post.
7. We will sim once every two days, we will play 31 season games, then route to the 'offs/
8. TRADING WILL BE OPENED NOV 15, Which is 10+ days after tip-offs, so it's like 10 games, WHATIFSPORTS is hard to use, BUT IM DOING THE BEST for what my respnsibility can, so if you ask why there's a trade deadline, it's because, in whatifsports [the sim engine] YOU CANT EDIT THE ROSTERS, IF YOU WILL, IT WILL TAKE A DAY OR SO.
9. Trading of unsigned players like Gordon, Mourning wont be tolerated, jsut wait til they sign an OFFICIAL contract, we had this rule since 3.0, so we cant blame it on anybody.
10. Good luck, enjoy, and comments shall be welcomed.

LET'S GO HEAT.
tong
MVP

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:17:13 pm »

No trading deadline. That's dumb

With all due respect, you should not have the veto power in the game.

DissapointedClevelandFan
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:20:51 pm »

which rookie comparisons are we using ? Wink

"Thank you Cleveland.. i love you all, i love ohio, and i ain't going anywhere, I'll be here."
"Nobody can guard Big Z really..."
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:14:32 pm »

yea, thats a joke if they make Derrick Rose as good as D-Williams because he is compared to him?

Or would it take the comparison....and plug in Derrick Rose compared to D-wills first year in the league?  Otherwise it totally would overvalue the rookies....just curious

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:24:40 am »

lol rookie comparisons was my idea hehehehe....

WIS is somewhat accurate anyway....

good luck everyone!!!

lol tong dont complain about veto... we will onlyy do it if very necessay.. ahem like jrich,andris and 1st overall for dh and jameer nelson and hedo

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:08:59 am »

can we trade draft picks?

and p.s. dwyane/beastley:

that's a lot of effort if you'll be simming for everyone. thanks but if its your heat vs another team, i hope we'll have someone else to do that

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 06:04:02 am »

Quote from: "tong"
No trading deadline. That's dumb

With all due respect, you should not have the veto power in the game.

Well if somewhat someone can help me making new rosters every single damn trade a GM does, or I find time, why not? But ocntrolling trades and settling for idle rosters, is better but if the schedule for the sem break is 2 weeks from now, I might remove it.

@ the veto rule, IF, IF, IF

I wont go wild and immature like 3.0 saying OMGZ, YOUR TRADEZ IS VETOEZED I DONT LIKEZ ITS.

Dont worry, as I repeated in my original posts, ONLY WHEN THERE'S A TIME, though I do think you have something to do, thats why your complaining on a veto rule? lawl.

And No, for ex, D-Rose is compared to DWILL, WE WILL USE DWILL OF 2005 [HIS ROOKE YEAR] NOT THE PRESENT [2007/08]

Draft picks? well im ok, just be sure to have records, though.

LET'S GO HEAT.
terminal916
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 02:38:14 pm »

Once we reach OCT 26, Rosters must be cut to 12, and the minutes played shall be placed with the Players' names in your rosters post.

So do we just release players to 12 and can we also sign FA in Offseason for ex: Kobe Opt out can we sign him

Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:53:27 pm »

Quote from: "terminal916"
Once we reach OCT 26, Rosters must be cut to 12, and the minutes played shall be placed with the Players' names in your rosters post.

So do we just release players to 12 and can we also sign FA in Offseason for ex: Kobe Opt out can we sign him

I do think we will reach 2 seasons, as long as there's fair activity, we can do this.

Too early, but I dont think Kobe will opt out, we have to vote on who will opt out and who wouldnt in the future.

LET'S GO HEAT.
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 05:03:36 pm »

He won't opt out after the Lakers win the title this year....common!  Tongue

Nice, glad to hear the rookie comparisions go on the rookie year of that player comparision....have to look at the actual comparisons now.

Where again are the rookie comparisons from?  A link would be very appreciated.

chellis
MVP

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:36:55 pm »

Quote from: "Melbronade"
Quote from: "terminal916"

I do think we will reach 2 seasons, as long as there's fair activity, we can do this.

Too early, but I dont think Kobe will opt out, we have to vote on who will opt out and who wouldnt in the future.

I'll tell you right now Kobe doesn't want to opt out Smiley He likes wearing Laker Gold and Purple

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:51:55 am »

we need FA signings..
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 04:56:16 am »

Quote from: "UNIT"
we need FA signings..

After the season, and the playoffs/Finals, we will, jsut like an off-seaso, draftless of course, then we start a 2nd season..

Too early to talk, but projections say 1st off-season will begin in the likes of Dec. and the start of 2nd season in Jan/Feb. or so.

LET'S GO HEAT.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 05:17:26 am »

should include 2009 draft... order determined by season results.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 07:41:52 am »

Quote from: "UNIT"
should include 2009 draft... order determined by season results.

yeah, that's what's going to happen.

the team who will tank will get rubio Ü

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Jump to: