Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shd. Anthony Parker Be Replaced By Jones In The Starting 5  (Read 2441 times)
ernesto
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:27:11 am »

Fred Jones has been playing great ball . He should be in the starting 5 in place of Anthony Parker who continues to struggle . Maybe Parker is better of comming off the bench , and Jones starting so that the Raps will have a stronger starting unit . Read pls.

www.ihtraptors.blogspot.com

----------

Dr. Ernesto
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:29:33 am »

im not sure the problem with jones he can score but he not the best defender and he is bit small to play sg, but sayin that if parker plays like the 76's parker and not the euro mvp then , you gotta give fred a go
ZoDa
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:57 am »

I like Jones coming off the bench.  He is the second unit's #1 scoring option, and will probably get more touches with that second unit than he would in the starting rotation.  Also I wouldn't give up on Parker just yet, I don't think he's struggling, he just needs to shoot more.  He's being too unselfish right now.  Parker also plays better defense than Jones does.

I hate Joey Graham.
J. Dizzle
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:03:59 am »

Hell No. Jones coming off the bench makes our bench threat that much more potent.

Steve Smith Must Be Writing Season Projections For ESPN. Only Way To Explain A 21-61.
nikevision
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:45:14 pm »

If Coach does'nt see improvement in Parker in the next 2 games of the pre season , YES . It does'nt have to be Jones . Maybe Graham will fit the bill.
It's important that they start with all guns blazing . Right now , Parker's guns are not .

www.laftortv.blogspot.com

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:30:49 pm »

Quote from: "J. Dizzle"
Hell No. Jones coming off the bench makes our bench threat that much more potent.

I completely agree.

Soon....
Branflakz16
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 01:49:17 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
Quote from: "J. Dizzle"

I completely agree.

Kinda like Stackhouse coming off the bench for Dallas. They dont have a SG, but he is better coming off the bench.

Anthony Parker is a solid playmaker and is perfect for the starting lineup. Ford sets the pace and is a pass first PG, Parker takes smart shots and makes plays happen, Mo Pete takes the shots and drops the layups with his eyes closed (seriously), Bosh is an all around power forward that can shoot, rebound, block and provide leadership, and Rasho, I think he gets rebounds and blocks. But he is slow and doesnt fit into the Raptors run and gun style. That isnt the issue here though. Parker belongs in the starting lineup and Jones is a ferocious force (alliteration) off the bench.

**RAPTORS IN THE PLAYOFFS**
socko
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 03:04:10 pm »

if parker can't score, that leaves bosh and peterson as our only scoring threats in the starting 5.  We need more than that.  I think parker will find his shot and keep his spot, but if he can't, jones will take over.

(and thanks for reminding us what an alliteration is)
homeboy
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 03:42:55 pm »

A lot of people are saying that Parker plays good defense . I think it's so so . Jones plays good defense and have some fantastic blocks to show . Graham plays good 'D' and has the body to go for rebounds .
hikki414
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 04:00:02 pm »

Jones @ 6-2 is a bit small in the starting lineup, combined with TJ Ford, that's a real small backcourt to start the game, not that there's anything wrong with that as I'm sure both will be playing together a lot of the times. However, it seems Parker is more suitable as a starter, where he can get in the flow of the game and do some things @ least right from the get go. I don't think he's really an impact player coming off the bench, like Fred Jones will be. Jones can bring in that spark and energy from the bench as he is likely the first sub along with Garbajosa. Replacing Parker with Jones after the game has started would mean no drop off in talent level either from the 2nd unit.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 04:58:58 pm »

Quote from: "homeboy"
A lot of people are saying that Parker plays good defense . I think it's so so . Jones plays good defense and have some fantastic blocks to show . Graham plays good 'D' and has the body to go for rebounds .

man Parker is a good defender

Soon....
Branflakz16
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 07:43:19 pm »

Quote from: "socko"

(and thanks for reminding us what an alliteration is)
:wink:

**RAPTORS IN THE PLAYOFFS**
zunami
Star

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:45:43 pm »

No no, Jones should come off the bench. Go with defensive skill in the starting five and offensive firepower off the bench to energize the whole team. It works better that way.
nikevision
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:33 pm »

Well Parker played decent last night . Jones was so so . Not as good as before.

www.laftortv.blogspot.com

Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 02:01:05 pm »

it looks like parker is getting more confidence, he also had a sweet dunk

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: