Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State of the Warriors  (Read 1790 times)
HoopWizard
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: September 26, 2008, 11:05:28 am »

The Warriors were entering this season as a mediocre team even with Monta Ellis.   Though I don't think Ellis has that big of an impact, he's still a player that the Warriros put all their marbles on and he's out until at least January.  If any good comes out of this is the Warriors will find out why Marcus Williams didn't make it in New Jersey or they could be in for a pleasant surprise.  Remembering Williams at UConn and what NBA games that I did see of him, he has Deron Williams potential.  A pass first guard is exactly what this team needs.  

After seasons of being poised and unrattled, Ellis finally showed his age off the court.  Not only did ride a moped, which I don't understand, but he acted like a little kid who got busted by his mom for spilling chocolate milk on the white couch made of cloth by lying about it.  That should induce a fine in itself.  I never understood the reasoning behind re-signing Ellis for $66M to play a position noone in the front office is sure that he can play.  He's not a great ball handler, passer or defender.  He's not much of a 3 point shooter and is borderline selfish.  If there is a guard out there that he's comprable to, its Mo Williams and he doesn't make $11M a year.  

At the end of the season, its not going to matter or not if this team plays well because one of the main players will be gone whether its Harrington, Jackson, Maggette or all three.  They have to find a way to get under the luxury tax which Cohen will do at all costs even if it means getting rid of Ellis or Biedrins.   He traded away players like Jamison, Richardson and got garbage back just to avoid the luxury tax, you don't think he'd trade Ellis or Biedrins?

With the buildup of this roster, it will be stuck in a state of mediocrity for the next 6 years unless they make a decision to go one way or the other. Either go young by starting Ellis, Belinelli, Randolph, Wright and Biedrins.    If anything, they would be fun to watch and who knows, maybe they can be a playoff team in 3 years instead of 7.    

The other way would be to keep building on the success that they've had but that plan is already done since they failed to keep Baron Davis.   Maggette was just a player they got just to say they got.  He doesn't make this team better or worse, but his $7.5M contract hurts.  

This team will win no more than 30 games this season and 27-55 sounds about right.  Not enough to get them the #1 overall pick, but possibly the 2nd or 3rd.
HardFowl
Star

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:07 am »

Warriors are in California.

Free Guitar Lessons from HardFowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FBRU50pvg
themadkiwi
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:38:49 pm »

I can't really argue too hard with this. I think there's every chance they sink down to near the 30 win mark. Davis and Jackson could scrap together to give these guys a chance, but I feel like Jackson is going to be fighting a losing battle this season. Lots of unproven youngsters and a topping of mediocre veterans.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:33 am »

30-52, 5th pick

Looks good ey?

LET'S GO HEAT.
bayball
Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:18:07 pm »

Here is the plan
1. Nelson expands his rotation, and we find out what we have in the young guys (in my opinion Belinelli will be an excellent 6th man, Wright will be a decent role player, Hendrix will be a solid banger and bench player as well and Randolph will be a star)
2. Monta plays it safe and comes back at full strength (whenever that may be....next year if it has to be)
3. Harrington is dealt for a draft pick and an expiring salary
4. Warriors grab a lottery pick and add an impact rookie or trade for a veteran pg
5. Come back strong the year after this

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: