Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: duncan vs. garnett  (Read 9249 times)
B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2007, 04:09:31 pm »

Quote from: "croatia"
garnett - 0 championships

Has been to the playoffs eight times, has only advanced out of the first round once.

Has missed the playoffs 2 times.

Duncan has the rings.

Duncan had comptent team every time he went to the playoffs versus the one time Garnett did, and they gave the Laker mini-dynasty all they could handle. Ducan's best teammate the Admiral Garnett's best teammate Starbury before he became one of the leagues top PGs. Duncan has RC Buford and Garnett has McHale, so it's not Garnett's fault, switch scenarios and the numbers would also be reversed.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2007, 04:12:02 pm »

Quote from: "Hooman1844"
Brady vs. Manning.

agreed you can't go wrong with either but people will debate this forever and like the aforemetioned debate both will definitely be hall of famers.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
look at garnetts teamates over the years,joe smith,-a no.1 overall pick,wallyworld-a high draft pick,terrell brandon a seasoned vet.averaged 19ppg 7 apg for two years,was even traded for kemp!chauncey billups another high draft draft pick,bobby jackson.he even had sprewell,cassell,hudson,olowakandiand hassell during 03-04,in which they only finished two games above san antonio.duncan's teamates over the years-washed-up with an ailing back david robinson,ailing sean elliott,old man avery johnson.tony parker was drafted 28th overall at age nineteen,ginobili a second round pick,look how they blossomed alongside duncan,not to mention bruce bowen.guys who blossomed alongside garnett...none no offence to garnett

King you have done it this is the funniest thing I've ever read I'm literally tearing.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »

Quote from: "a-dre"
Quote from: "t-mac357"
Quote from: "94by50"
Quote from: "kingdumcome"
at that time there was not much expected from international players,at that time i think stojakovic and nowitzki were the only international guys who prospering.so this bloom was not expected out of parker nor ginobili,they were picked very low in the draft.the other guys duncan had were rose who only knows how to hussle,smith who could barely guard anyone anymore stephen jackson who was a journeyman when he came to the spurs,steve kerr,kevin willis,ferry(they were all old and slow) and bruce bowen who could barely shoot freethrows and could only shoot corner threes also cant drive to the hoop.but the guys mchale brought were more "marquee" than the guys who came to san antonio.so garnett initially had better teamates but duncan ended up having better teamates because they had so much success as a team.

I would say that Robinson, Ginobili, and Parker are better than anyone Garnett has ever played with (maybe you can make an argument for Cassell, but I wouldn't), and Bowen's such a good defender (which of course doesn't show in the stats) that they can live without his offense.  They get enough offense from the big three.  As for the rest, well, every team has role players.

i agree, other than cassell, kg never really had that much help

now that i think about it, kg did get some good talent around him: billups, marbury, brandon wally, cassell, spreewell.

the real difference would be the coaches, the gms, and the system.

All of which were either traded before they peaked or washed up by the time they got to Minn.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: