Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles Clippers  (Read 801 times)
Ballfreak™
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« on: October 18, 2008, 03:25:03 pm »

The Tornto Raptors are heading to Hollywood. Tonight at 7:30 the Raptors are going to take on Baron Davis and the new look Los Angeles Clippers. Raptors, Clippers Square Off. Here is a Game Thread prepared for you by you boy ballfreak™  

Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles Clippers
@

Game Information:
Time / Date: Saturday October 18,2008 7:30 PM EST, 4:30 PM PST
TV / Radio: N/A,Fan 590 and 1260 AM
Venue: Staples Center

Starting Lineups:

Starting 5 Lineups: Los Angeles Clippers (Subject to Change)

G: F: C:

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Cuttino Mobley
SF: Al Thornton
PF: Marcus Camby
C: Chris Kaman

Off The Bench:

PG: Jason Hart / Mike Taylor
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Ricky Davis
PF: Tim Thomas / Steve Novak
C: DeAndre Jordan / Brian Skinner / Paul Davis
 Head Coach: Mike Dunleavy Sr

Starting 5 Lineups: Toronto Raptors (Subject to Change)

G: F: C:

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Jamario Moon
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Jermaine O'Neal

Off The Bench

PG:Willie Solomon/Roko Ukic
SG:Hassan Adams
SF:Jason Kapono
PF:Kris Humphris/Jamal Sampson
C:Andrea Bargnani
Injured:Nathan Jawai

Head Coach: Sam Mitchell

Key Matchups:

Key Matchups: Point Guard

Jose Calderon VS. Baron Davis

VS.
 This is a great matchup. Newly Acquired Baron Davis was a key addition for the Clippers this off-season. But you cannot forget Jose Calderon. Calderon is the man on the spotlight since the Raptors traded fellow point guard T.J Ford for All-Star PF/C Jermaine O'Neal. Calderon was to change his game to the next level and play as well as he did last year during T.J Ford's injury time period. But Baron Davis was a key addition to the Los Angeles Clippers roster and is the man in charge. He is a strong and great point guard. I cannot wait for these two to go at it.

Key Matchups: Power Forward

Chris Bosh VS. Marcus Camby

VS.
 Marcus Camby. Acquired from Denver for a second round pick. Was he worth that? Of course not. Your talking about a former 2nd Pick in the draft and Defensive Player of The Year. But Camby is going to have his hands full tonight against the 4- Time All-Star Chris Bosh. Bosh has been playing well since the beging of the Pre-Season. It is also such a suprise since he just came from winning Gold in the 2008 Bejing Olimpics and playing heavy minutes. Bosh and Camby is going to be a great matchup although I think Bosh is going to win this one.

Key Matchups: Center

Jermaine O'Neal VS. Chris Kaman

VS.
 Save the best for last. Jermaine O'Neal against Chris Kaman. Kaman played really well last year for the Clipppers. Leading the Clippers and rebounds and one of the league leaders in that Catogory. But you cannot forget Jermaine "JO" O'Neal. O'Neal came off and injury for the last few seasons and Raptors GM and Basketball Operations Bryan Colangelo took the risk and traded for O'Neal this off-season. This is going to be a great matchup. Both are great Rebounders, Shot Blockers and Defenders. Im not going to pick anybody for this matchup. So I am going to watch and see.

Key Bench Players:

Key Bench Players: Los Angeles Clippers

| Eric Gordon | 21.0 PPG | 2.5 SPG | 462 3P% |
 Eric Gordon has been playing fantastic this Pre-Season. Averging 21.0 PPG leading his team in scoring. I think the Clippers picked up a steal with the 7th pick in the draft. Gordon is going to be a key piece to this Clippers basketball squad.

Key Bench Players: Toronto Raptors

| Joey Graham | 12.0 PPG | 1.2 SPG | 1.0 APG |
 Joey Graham played his first game in a while yesterday. He had a solid game with 12 Points. I really have hope in Graham. He is a key player to this team. If Toronto just gives him time he is going to develope into a really great player in this league.

Game X Factors:

Game X Factors: ballfreak™

| Cuttino Mobley | 8.3 PPG | 2.3 APG | .65 TO |

Game X Factors: MoGrady

Waiting for Response

Pre Game / Post Game Thoughts:

ballfreak™'s Pre Game Thoughts:
This is going to be a great game. Plenty of new faces on both teams and both teams are desprate to win. The Clipppers are unbeated in the 2008-2009 Pre-Season and the Raptors just lost 2 Games. I cannot wait until tipoff.

ballfreak™'s Post Game Thoughts:

Just For Fun Stats

The Raptors are 3-2 in the 2008-2009 Pre-Season.
The Raptors are 1-0 when the game is not broadcast.
The Raptors are 0-0 on Saturdays .
The Raptors are 3-1 on evening games .
The Raptors are 1-0 on the road.
The Raptors are 0-1 when ballfreak makes the gamethread.
The Raptors are 0-1 against Western Conference teams this year.
The Raptors are 0-0 against Pacific Division opponents.
The Raptors are 0-0 against the Clippers this Pre-Season.

Enjoy the Game Thread.

Thoughts and Predictions?

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: