Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does BC have anything else up his sleeve...  (Read 7212 times)
Skillionaire
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 28, 2006, 07:20:46 pm »

As I keep on seeing Marcus Williams slip, I wonder if he will make it to our first pick in the 2nd round. Doubt that seriously, but hopefully BC will make something happen...

SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 07:41:41 pm »

Is obtaining Bargnani a tactic for trades? Or is it really because he fits the system and/or has excellent potentials?
LETSGORAPS
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 07:50:08 pm »

well there is probably no chance of bargnani being traded. I wouldnt be surprised to see charlie go before the begginning of the season. They still need  a point gaurd.[/quote]
bakax
Journeyman

Respect: +3

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:30:09 pm »

Don't dream too much about BC.  Even though I like Bargnani, I am a little disappointed in BC's ability to get more out of the #1 pick.  Hopefully, he will do better in other offseason moves.   Sad

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 08:54:55 pm »

Yeah for some reason I really thought more was going to come out of this draft for us...now obviously the night isnt over and a lot can still happen, but I guess I was hopin stuff would happen early. I thought you would be hearing about us as often as you are hearing about Portland...we will see though

brat
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 09:58:43 am »

I dunno.  i have doubts that Bargnani woulda slipped past Chicago (just imagine Chandler with Bargnani...wouldn't you?). Plus, all these deals kinda tell me that there was a consensus no. 1 (maybe that's just me).  I cannot see all these trades brewing unless GMs were sure Bargnani was going to the Raps.  The draft woulda looked a whole lot different if we took Aldridge or Thomas at #1.

I think if BC really wanted Bargnani, it was the right move.
bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:44 am »

Yeh, a rumor from Portland pretty much confirmed that Bargnani would not slip through #4.  So it's not possible for the Ratpors to trade down and still able to draft him.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 10:08:23 am »

I like the pick, but I guess I was just hoping that we would have come away with a PG also. Seeing Marcus Williams sitting there man, I was so hoping BC had something up his sleeve and was going to find a way to acquire him. But I guess now maybe J. WIll since NJ has they back up they want? We'll see how good he is and if he is ready though..

brat
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 11:10:57 am »

good point...good for the Raps.  Takes away NJ as competition.

Something scares me about Marcus Williams (not the laptop scandal).  There must be a reason why he went from being a lottery (some even had him as high as 6or7) to 22.  I never wanted the Raps to draft him...he's talented though, great vision.
ItalianNBAFan
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 05:07:33 am »

Bargnani ?
Stay tuned and enjoy him !

I'm sorry for my english ..
breignchile
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 12:41:58 pm »

I'm hearing that the Memphis/Houston trade might not go through, as Swift doesn't want to go back to the Grizzlies. I'm just pulling this one out of my ***, but what about a sign and trade with James for Battier? That would certainly fill up our roster nicely. I'm not too fimiliar with the Grizzlies roster, but Damon certainly had a serious injury last year, and it is uncertain that he will be able to play at the same level. Just a thought.... don't go crazy on me for this one.
bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 12:52:20 pm »

Quote from: "breignchile"
I'm hearing that the Memphis/Houston trade might not go through, as Swift doesn't want to go back to the Grizzlies. I'm just pulling this one out of my *****, but what about a sign and trade with James for Battier? That would certainly fill up our roster nicely. I'm not too fimiliar with the Grizzlies roster, but Damon certainly had a serious injury last year, and it is uncertain that he will be able to play at the same level. Just a thought.... don't go crazy on me for this one.

Probably Memphis won't trade us Battier for Mike James.  Jerry West was targetting Gay, not Stro-No-show.  Battier has great value and under a reasonable bargain contract.  Jerry West was willing to give up Battier for Gay not Mike James.  Damon Stoudemire would be healthy and would be better than Mike James running the point.

Now that you mentioned that the deal would possibly go off.  I would suggest sending S&T Mike James and MoPete for Rudy Gay and something.  :wink:

A lot of people wanted MoPete to stay as a raptor, so I will probably get blashed.  But you gotta know that we can always sign MoPete back next year after he becomes unrestricted FA.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 01:54:51 pm »

See now that makes more sense.  Mike James + Huh  for Rudy Gay.  That would be un unbelievable trade.  As long as its not MoPete.

brat
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 02:01:27 pm »

that can't work unless we take back a huge salary space eater.
Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 02:07:58 pm »

Quote from: "brat"
that can't work unless we take back a huge salary space eater.

it doesn't have to be huge.  Gay is probably going to make approx. 3 mil and depending on what James gets it might not be that bad.  i just checked and Bob Sura makes 4 mil which could even it out enough and his contract comes off the books after next year.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: